Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colbert Lampoons Bush at White House Correspondents Dinner-- President Not Amused?

Larry

You know I read somewhere how horrible it was that Colbert (my new hero with the grapefruit size balls) mentioned Bush's low ratings. But Bush himself mentioned his low ratings in his bit. I actually thought that Bush's little skit with his doppleganger was kind of mean. Funny, but mean. Granted you can be nasty about yourself but Bush didn't seem to be pulling any punches about himself either.

Hey, it isn't as if Colbert mentioned Laura's "accidentally" killing her former boyfriend. That probably would have been below the belt.

Here's a young woman's take on the evening. It's a fun read. Her father was one of the journalists.

http://romanticizing.livejournal.com/21717.html

Any normal person, i.e. not a reader of dailykos.com, watching that event would have come to the conclusion, regardless of their political leanings, that Colbert is a slimy little prick.

I don't read dailykos and neither does my Mom. We both thought it was funny. In fact, you are the only person on this thread who didn't think it was funny. You are obviously in the MINORITY of Americans who still think Bush is a good President. If anyone is abnormal, it's you.

I'll start by letting you know that I am a conservative -- although I definately do have some issues with GW (namely immigration related)

However, I do often watch, and enjoy, the Colbert report. Still prefer the daily show, but the report often has some quality stuff. This speech however was a dog - plain and simple. I smiled maybe twice - never close to laughing. It just seemed more rude than funny. Have to say Stephen dropped the ball bigtime on that one.

It just seemed more rude than funny.

That's all I'm saying.

Imagine the attendees at this event are a family with small children, too tired after a long day to cook at home, so they take the kids to KFC. Colbert is the deranged PETA protester who runs up, throws blood on them, and starts shoving pictures of slaugherhouses in the faces of the little kids saying "LOOK WHAT YOUR PARENTS ARE TRYING TO FEED YOU !!!!" :twitch:

Same ballpark, maybe slightly lesser magnitude.

I don't read dailykos and neither does my Mom. We both thought it was funny. In fact, you are the only person on this thread who didn't think it was funny. You are obviously in the MINORITY of Americans who still think Bush is a good President. If anyone is abnormal, it's you.
Its weird how the fringe-dwellers never seem to be aware of their habitat.

On a scale of 1-10 for Colbert, I'd give a 6.5, but where he was good, he was good. As far as anyone getting so riled over it, a little perspective please...the stuff said by most any of our politicians from the top on down during any given day is much more troublesome to any sane mind no matter where on the politcal continuum you land..if you land with any real thinking ability intact after the impact...

On a scale of 1-10 for Colbert, I'd give a 6.5, but where he was good, he was good. As far as anyone getting so riled over it, a little perspective please...the stuff said by most any of our politicians from the top on down during any given day is much more troublesome to any sane mind no matter where on the politcal continuum you land..if you land with any real thinking ability intact after the impact...

Thats a big "if" skip..

That's all I'm saying.

No it's not all you're saying. You've said

"That's what liberals are...petty, mean-spirited, whiny, hateful little people. "

(complaining about a few jokes isn't whiny or petty, now is it? tossing broad insults at entire groups of people isn't hateful, now is it? calling everyone who disagrees with you names isn't mean-spirited, now IS IT?)

You've insinuated that everyone who doesn't agree with you isn't a normal person...

"Any normal person, i.e. not a reader of dailykos.com, watching that event would have come to the conclusion, regardless of their political leanings, that Colbert is a slimy little prick."

(Hey,, nothing mean-spirited or hateful here!)

So quit pretending all you want is some civility. You are one of the least civil people on here. Insults taint practically every post you make. How on earth you can expect anyone to take you seriously when you carry on like a spoiled 9 year old is beyond me.

I believe "normal people" on both sides of the aisle see ranting close minded finger pointing name calling bigots like yourself as part of the problem.

I know I do.

I think it's immensely telling when you can spend two pages insulting people, then claim all you are trying to say is that Colbert's routine is rude.

You think people can't read?

Oh, and unless someone can actually prove otherwise, we don't really know Colbert's personal politics, do we? As stated in the original post, this guy he is on TV is a character he's created. He's a comedian. If the liberals had the power, he'd be lampooning them. When he was on the Daily Show and wasn't simply playing this character, he lampooned both sides.

There's a big difference between what he does and what some preachy condescending ******* like Bill Maher does.

You're mad at a TV CHARACTER. You may as well be angry at Bugs Bunny because he's against hunting for all the sense this makes.

Stop painting in such broad strokes. You are the epitome of ignorance.

Grow up.

~Bang

That's all I'm saying.

Imagine the attendees at this event are a family with small children, too tired after a long day to cook at home, so they take the kids to KFC. Colbert is the deranged PETA protester who runs up, throws blood on them, and starts shoving pictures of slaugherhouses in the faces of the little kids saying "LOOK WHAT YOUR PARENTS ARE TRYING TO FEED YOU !!!!" :twitch:

So you're saying that the president shouldn't be held accountable for his dees- at least not through satire?

And comparing Colbert's satire to PETA throwing blood on children ain't the same ballpark, it ain't even the same ****ing sport. :doh:

Oh absolutely, i can see how tossing a few jokes at a grown man equates to terrorizing and assaulting little children.

Jesus you're a dip****.

(By the way, as usual, when i get sick of it and say these types of things, i know i'm dancing on the edge of the rules of the board. As usual, I'm prepared to take my suspension if the mods feel i deserve it, and I stand by what I say.)

~Bang

Guest Gichin13
No it's not all you're saying. You've said

"That's what liberals are...petty, mean-spirited, whiny, hateful little people. "

(complaining about a few jokes isn't whiny or petty, now is it? tossing broad insults at entire groups of people isn't hateful, now is it? calling everyone who disagrees with you names isn't mean-spirited, now IS IT?)

You've insinuated that everyone who doesn't agree with you isn't a normal person...

"Any normal person, i.e. not a reader of dailykos.com, watching that event would have come to the conclusion, regardless of their political leanings, that Colbert is a slimy little prick."

(Hey,, nothing mean-spirited or hateful here!)

So quit pretending all you want is some civility. You are one of the least civil people on here. Insults taint practically every post you make. How on earth you can expect anyone to take you seriously when you carry on like a spoiled 9 year old is beyond me.

I believe "normal people" on both sides of the aisle see ranting close minded finger pointing name calling bigots like yourself as part of the problem.

I know I do.

I think it's immensely telling when you can spend two pages insulting people, then claim all you are trying to say is that Colbert's routine is rude.

You think people can't read?

Oh, and unless someone can actually prove otherwise, we don't really know Colbert's personal politics, do we? As stated in the original post, this guy he is on TV is a character he's created. He's a comedian. If the liberals had the power, he'd be lampooning them. When he was on the Daily Show and wasn't simply playing this character, he lampooned both sides.

There's a big difference between what he does and what some preachy condescending ******* like Bill Maher does.

You're mad at a TV CHARACTER. You may as well be angry at Bugs Bunny because he's against hunting for all the sense this makes.

Stop painting in such broad strokes. You are the epitome of ignorance.

Grow up.

~Bang

Wow Bang, tell us how you really feel!

:notworthy

AJ skins is the funniest poster on this site. Why people take any of his post seriously is beyond me. He lost all credit with me when he said Gibbs picked Campbell because he was black and wore number 17...:laugh: Also his man crush on Ramsey is pretty funny. Hey AJ, how do you feel about Ramsey going to the Jets and being possibly the third team qb?

Archived