Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Confessions of a Tailgate addict

OrangeSkin

Who else here spends more time in the tailgate than in FedEx Field on a regular basis? When I log onto ExtremeSkins, I always check in at the tailgate first and it's usually several minutes before I go over to peruse FedEx Field. I look over the threads, and at this time of year, there really isn't much to hold my interest. I might click on a few, but most of my ExtremeSkins time has been spent in the tailgate lately.

Anybody else with me? I've been feeling a little ashamed about this, like it makes me less of a 'Skins fan or something.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Who else here spends more time in the tailgate than in FedEx Field on a regular basis? When I log onto ExtremeSkins, I always check in at the tailgate first and it's usually several minutes before I go over to peruse FedEx Field. I look over the threads, and at this time of year, there really isn't much to hold my interest. I might click on a few, but most of my ExtremeSkins time has been spent in the tailgate lately.

Anybody else with me? I've been feeling a little ashamed about this, like it makes me less of a 'Skins fan or something.

Me and the rest of the DTC crew usually are lined up outside the parking lot waiting to get in about 2 hours before they let you in the parking lot.... do you think I have a problem?

Edit: :doh: I might want to try reading the whole post before making my response.... I thought we were talking about real tailgates and I got all excited ...:laugh:

fedEx is pretty boring right now, you get your typical "we signed someone, Lavar or Taylor have limited time now" or "Pastabelly hates us, and so does the rest of the media" or "redskins report, same thing happened in some practice, Joe Gibbs is happy"

Not to bash anything, just nothing new, team support thread or team doomsday thread. Now the tailgate, we made a Star Wars thread sticky, that is clearly the thing right now.

For the first 8 months or so that I joined, I had far more posts in Tailgate than in FedEx,( had to be here at the time :) ). Right now about even. Can only read so many Sean Taylor threads. ;)

Originally posted by Joe Sick

Just look at the total number of threads.

The Tailgate beats Fedex by over 2 to 1.

Of course, I will gladly give up the tailgate to have the return of actual football!

FedEx Field is archived at the end of every year. Meaning, on Jan. 1, each year, you have 0 posts in FedEx. The Tailgate is never archived. It will have more posts a good portion of the year and then get doubled or tripled up by the end of the year and it starts again.

Originally posted by zoony

How can you tell how many posts you have in the Tailgate -vs- FedEx?

or do you have to have that 'special' pass into the owner's area?

Go to Homefield Advantage. There you will find Yoda. The ..... whoops... sorry. With all the threads on Star Wars....... ;) And if you go to the Forums Index you find this:

Forum Threads

2004 25216

2003 15765

2002 12099

2001 4374

Originally posted by Joe Sick

Just look at the total number of threads.

The Tailgate beats Fedex by over 2 to 1.

Of course, I will gladly give up the tailgate to have the return of actual football!

Since there are infinitely more possibilities for topics in Tailgate though, it looks like FedEx is holding its own.

I definitely spend more time in Tailgate than FedEx.

i registered for this site in jan' 04. bang's "Hoedown" cartoon lured me. i didn't start actually posting until jan. 05. i don't think i left fed ex until april. now, i'm rarely there. like someone else said, you can only debate the coles trade, sean taylors whereabouts, lavar's maturity level, and the 'skins expectations so much. once 6/1 rolls around, i'll probably be in fed ex a bit more.

Originally posted by Pete

I'm right with ya man:laugh: I spend twice as much, if not more time reading in the tailgate in the off season.

ditto. It's an offseason thing, will migrate back when training camp and regular season starts.

Archived