Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greatest Movie Scene of All-Time

footballhenry

In your opinion what is the greatest, most powerful movie scene created?? Anything goes, any era, film, etc. Just the greatest scene that sticks out in your mind above all others. I know this is a hard topic to answer but if u cant narrow it down to just ONE then name off 2-3....

The most powerful scene perhaps in movie cinema to me is in Lord of the Rings: the Return of the King as the Battle of Pelennor Fields. It has the epic grandeur, the emotional appeal, and the element of battle. I get goosebumps every time I hear Theodens speech, and the music rampaging into battle.

A close scene, certainly near the top for me is the transformation of Anakin into Darth Vader in the new Star Wars film. Of course its appeal is fresh so I have to wait and see it again and ponder the true effect of the scene in which Vader is disfigured and changed all in one. Its the birth of one of the greatest movie icons to ever bear the screen, its emotional wallop is unrelenting.

What is your favorite scene of all-time?

My favorite scene was from schindler's list. It was near the end of the movie, where he had "purchased/saved" all the jews, but schindler was saying (with tears in his eyes) that... this car could have bought x more... this ring could have bought x more, etc, etc...

I don't remember the exact words of course, but it was an incredibly moving scene...

Originally posted by pez

My favorite scene was from schindler's list. It was near the end of the movie, where he had "purchased/saved" all the jews, but schindler was saying (with tears in his eyes) that... this car could have bought x more... this ring could have bought x more, etc, etc...

I don't remember the exact words of course, but it was an incredibly moving scene...

yeah, wow that just brought back memories of that scene. Greatly moving scene...makes me want to watch the movie again, havent seen it in years...

Here is the quote from the movie:

Schindler: "I could have done more. I should have sold this car. It would have been 10 more if I sold this car. This pen, it would have been five more…This ring, the gold in this ring, I could have gotten two… I could've got more people i could've got more."

I know this isn't quite Schindler's list but still my favorite...

Three favorite Scenes same movie: Conan the Barbarian

1)

Conan emerging with Crom's sword cutting off his shackles

Wolves ears perk up.

Cut: Conan wandering into town with some new fur pants and boots.

2) Conan's speech:

"Crush all your enemies. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentations of their women."

3) Conan makes whoopie with demon. Throws her into the fire. And she disappears. Next morning he emerges from her house completely refreshed.

ahhh... heck this movie is full of incredible scenes. Never understood why people don't take it more seriously.

The Godfather...

When Michael is sitting in his fathers chair and starts dishing out the plan how to kill Sollozo...how he transforms into the Godfather right there.

The scene where Michael stands out front of the Hospital protecting his father who's inside.

The scene where Michael kills the corrupt cop and his cohort in the Italian restaurant.

The scene where his kids are getting baptized and his people are out murdering rival gangmembers....

Godfather 2, when the guy is on trial threatening to expose the Corleone family and all of a sudden two mobsters walk in with his brother. All of a sudden the guy has a change of heart.

Godfather 2, when Kate tells Michael she had an abortion.

Harrison "I am too sick to do the scripted scene here" Ford pulling out his revolver and killing the crazed swordsmen in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

or

The showdown between the masked man (Dred Pirate Roberts aka Wesley) and Vizzini (never mess with an italian when death is involved) in The Princess Bride.

Hard to beat the D-Day scene in Private Ryan. It gave me chills thinking of those men who were there for real.

I've always been moved by the scene in High Noon when the sheriff was going from door to door around the town looking for support in the gun fight and everyone is turning him away.

The opening scene from Patton in front of the flag is pretty dang famous.

There are multiple scenes you could pick from Wizard of Oz and Gone With the Wind.

Shawshanke Redemption

The scene where Andy Dufregne (Tim Robbins) risks his life and tells the guard about his financial services just to get him and his prison buddies a few beers on a hot summers day. That has always been one of my fave movies, and that scene gives me goosebumps all the time.

Originally posted by seanskins

Shawshanke Redemption

The scene where Andy Dufregne (Tim Robbins) risks his life and tells the guard about his financial services just to get him and his prison buddies a few beers on a hot summers day. That has always been one of my fave movies, and that scene gives me goosebumps all the time.

Good pick.

This thread needs to be broken down into at least two categories, along the lines of pop culture icons, and "meaningful" scenes. Otherwise, it sounds pretty silly to be talking about Raiders of the Lost Ark next to Schindler's List.

For me the first scene tha comes to mind is the final court scene in A Few Good Men when Tom Cruise's character is leading Jack's character into admitting he ordered the code red, culminating in the famous line "You can't handle the thruth!"

Whole scene gets me pumped up everytime

I have always been partial to the scene in Basic Instinct when Sharon Stone is being interrogated....you know when she uncrosses her legs and then crosses them again...it is so sweet it brings a tear to my eye everytime I watch it...;)

Originally posted by T.E.G.

The showdown between the masked man (Dred Pirate Roberts aka Wesley) and Vizzini (never mess with an italian when death is involved) in The Princess Bride.

Great scene and a great movie. . . What you have failed to know is that I have built up a tolerance for iocane powder during my training abroad and I put the poison in BOTH cups . . . classic

A few on my list . . .

The Black Knight from the Holy Grail

DiNiro's baseball speech in the Unotuchables

Say Hello to my little friend from Scarface

And one time at band camp . . . .

When Rocky knocks out Apollo

When Rudy is carried off the field

just to name a few.

Originally posted by RonJeremy

I have always been partial to the scene in Basic Instinct when Sharon Stone is being interrogated....you know when she uncrosses her legs and then crosses them again...it is so sweet it brings a tear to my eye everytime I watch it...;)

Yea, but I'm more partial to the Pam Anderson and Tommie Lee scene. . . It's an is an instant classic :laugh:

The school court scene in Scent of a Women when Deniro stands up and yells "If I was half the man I used to be I'd take a flame thrower to this place." Then proceeds to rip the school establishment apart.

That and the Scene in Goodfellas were Ray Liota goes in the back door and the camera follows him around to the front of the stage. I love the camera work in that.

Weeeeeird, I was going to start a thread just like this after watching Last of the Mohicans yesterday for the first time in a while, which is one of my favorite movies of all time. It probably has my favorite scene from any movie I have ever seen.

The scene where Duncan, the English officer gives his life up for the brunette daughter and Daniel Day Lewis thinks Duncan told the tribe elder to take Daniel's life instead of the girls, and the n that intense music starts up as Day Lewis realizes what Duncan has done, and the Lewis's companions are watching from the woods and then them along with Lewis go after Magua who has the younger daughter, and the younger Indian dies trying to save her and then the young girl takes her life, right before the young Indian's father has revenge by killing Magua. What an intense and great scene. Gives me chills everytime I've seen it.

Archived