Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greatest Movie Scene of All-Time

footballhenry

Originally posted by Parlett316

Tombstone - "Why Johnny Ringo, it looks likes...somebody just walked right over your grave."

That is a fantastic scene. My personal favorite from that movie though, while not a "great" scene is enormously funny...

Why Ike, maybe pokers not your game,... I know, lets have us a spelling contest!

The final scene of Fritz Lang's "M" - Peter Lorre's character (a serial child murderer):

Hans Breckert:

What do you know about it? Who are you anyway? Who are you? Criminals. Are you proud of yourselves? Proud of breaking safes or cheating at cards, things you can just as well keep your fingers off. You wouldn't need to do all that if you'd learn a proper trade. Or if you'd work but if you weren't a bunch of lazy ****s ... but I -- I can't help myself -- I have no control over this. This evil thing inside me, the fire, the voices, the torment! Its there all the time -- driving me to wander the streets, following me silently, but I can feel it there -- it's me, pursuing myself -- I want to escape, to escape from myself but it's impossible ... I can't escape, I have to obey it, I have to run endless streets -- I want to escape, to get away and I'm pursued by ghosts -- ghosts of mothers and of those children, they never leave me, they are there, always there, always, always except when I do it -- when I ... then I can't remember anything and afterwards I see those posters and read what I've done. Did I do that? But I can't remember anything about it, but who will believe me? Who knows what its like to be me? How I'm forced to act -- how I must-- must-- don't want to -- but must -- and then a voice screams -- I can't bear to hear it -- I can't go on, I can't go on ....

Citizen Kane had so many good scenes - one of my favorites is his political speech where he attacks Getty - awesome use of camera angles and audience being moved...

Bambi had many as well - the raindrop scene was wonderful (and yes this is animation but the direction and choices in this scene are absolutely stunning).

Apocalypse Now - Kurtz' speech to Willard

Kurtz:

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us.

The Remains of the Day - the book scene between Emma Thompson's character and Anthony Hopkins' character. Wow.

A couple that haven't been mentioned yet:

*The resuce (Morpheus) scene in the original Matrix. From

"So, what do you need besides a miracle?"

"Guns... lots of guns..."

until the crashing of the helicopter.

revolutionary.

*Also when Bambi's mom dies. There's nothing like making little kids cry :)

Originally posted by footballhenry

Wow, I cant believe how many Bambi references there have been...simply amazing that a cartoon could have that much of an effect...

...guess you never saw it in the movie theaters as a small child, then?

It's not the same if you see it on a TV screen, btw.

It was a defining moment of my childhood. Seriously. Parents, can die, dude. :(

Originally posted by Shallow1

Salma Hayek- in Dusk till Dawn.....it touched me personally on so many levels...

Are you sure that wasn't you touching yourself while watching the scene :laugh: :boobies: :dribble: :jerk:

Originally posted by Golgo-13

Rommel, you magnificent b@stard, I read your book!" -Patton

Great Movie but the quote/seen is his speech at the beginning:

Be seated.

Now, I want you to remember that no b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country. Men, all this stuff you’ve heard about America not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Americans traditionally love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball player, the toughest boxer. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn’t give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That’s why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans.

Now, an Army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious b@stards who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post don’t know anything more about real battle than they do about fornicating.

We have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit and the best men in the world. You know, by God I actually pity those poor b@stards we’re going up against. By God, I do. We’re not just going to shoot the b@stards, we’re going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We’re going to murder those lousy Hun b@stards by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood. Shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do.

Now there’s another thing I want you to remember. I don’t want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We’re not holding anything. Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and we’re not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the a$$. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose.

There’s one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home. And you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you’re sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what did you do in the great World War II, you won’t have to say, "Well, I shoveled sh!t in Louisiana."

Alright now, you sons-of-b!tches, you know how I feel. Oh, and I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle – anytime, anywhere.

That’s all.

I get fired up everytime I watch it.(sorry if its too long)

Originally posted by jenmdixon

...guess you never saw it in the movie theaters as a small child, then?

It's not the same if you see it on a TV screen, btw.

It was a defining moment of my childhood. Seriously. Parents, can die, dude. :(

wow that just brought back a memory. The Lion King, i saw that in theaters and I remember almost crying when Mustafa died, it was so sad...i remember I was obssessed with Lion King after I saw it...great memory:)

Originally posted by footballhenry

wow that just brought back a memory. The Lion King, i saw that in theaters and I remember almost crying when Mustafa died, it was so sad...i remember I was obssessed with Lion King after I saw it...great memory:)

Exactly right. :) Lion King for you, Bambi for me.

The final shootout scene of Unforgiven was perfect. This scene was the epitome of every spaghetti western ever made, but was injected with realism into a very realistic, believable movie. Not to mention Eastwood is just badass. I've watched it probably 30 times and still get chills.

Pitch Black:

Johns: "Riddick, how does it look ahead?"

Riddick: "Looks clear."

Johns moves ahead and almost gets decapitated by a creature lurching from the dark before dissapearing in the night.

Johns: "I thought you said it was clear!"

Riddick: "I said it looks clear!"

Johns: "Well how's it look now!?!"

Riddick: "Looks clear."

• 7 months later...

I have to go with the final climactic scene fro Last of the Mohicans when Major Hayward dies ansd then Uncas gets killed by Magua. When Alice is on the edge of the cliff the look on Magua's face is as he watches is unforgettable. That accompanied by the music is timeless.

Second to that would be the climax of Saving Private Ryan where Captain Miller is shooting at the Tiger tank with a .45 Colt and then dies after telling Ryan to earn their sacrifice on his behalf.

Somebody mentioned the d-day scene as well from the same movie. Powerful! Grown men calling for their mommas with their guts blown out...wow.

"For the wrath,for the ruin and for the red dawn!" -followed by..

the scene where Gandolf decends down the hill with the sunrise blind the enemy from the east great biblical illistration there.

"I am your father"-Classic

Gayle Sayers speech in Brians Song- if your man this is the only acceptable part of any movie your aloud to cry about unless it Old Yeller or the death of any random dog.

The lights getting smashed out in The natural...-any man who had ever played baseball/softball would love that to really happen.

The first time you layed eyes on Bruce Lee- every mans secret fantasy to be able whoop anyones a** can be relized through Bruce Lee.

Robin Williams catching the pass from Kurt Russel- we all wish we could do it over again.

"If he dies,he dies"-Ivan Drago -Fueled by the cold war those commie ****s got theres in the end!!

Atticus- The model for all modern day Lawyers..........(sarcasm)

There are many more, but this last one is my personal favorite---I give you the greatest line spoken in any movie,all time for any man!!!

Starship Troopers- when Dizzy is dying after a battle and says to Rico (who nailed her the night before) as he hold her in his arms, "Its ok if I die, Ive already had you" then she dies!! This is the greatest ego booster for any man all time!! After the line was spoken me and the 2 other guys I was with gave the line a standing ovation, it drew many looks from the 10 other people that saw this movie at the theater but we did not care. (on a side note it may have been the only standing ovation Starship Troopers recieved and I have not given a standing O for any movie or part of a movie since)

Archived