Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greatest Movie Scene of All-Time

footballhenry

For me it's the entire ending of Braveheart. William Wallace actually being strapped down and tortured to death. Princess Isabelle whispering in Longshanks ear that there is another Wallace. Robert the Bruce finally doing the right thing by leading the Scots to victory over the English. Such a great movie.

Just thought of another one. I don't know how many people have seen the Sands of Iwo Jima, but when they are in their foxholes at night and the wounded are calling out for John Wayne as Sgt. Stryker: "Stryker... Stryker, help me." and they can't go out and get them because it might be a trap by the Japanese army.

A few others:

American History X - The end when Edward Norton is walking down the street and you just KNOW he's about to catch a bullet only to see his little brother get murdered at school.

A Simple Plan - When Bill Paxton shoots his own brother (Billy Bob) in the back. Also when he finds out that the money had been marked after all that he had been through. What an outstanding movie.

Arlington Road - When Jeff Bridges realizes that the bomb wasn't in the van but was actually in the trunk of his car..............BOOM.

The Salton Sea - The end when Val Kilmer finally got his revenge and is sitting there in the burning room after being shot in the stomache.

Fight Club - The entire movie.

I second (or third, fourth, fifth, etc) a lot of the scenes already listed, but here are a couple of scenes that I didn't see:

The bridge scene at the end of Man on Fire. And pretty much the whole 2nd half when Denzel is kicking ass and taking names.

The shootout with the cops in Heat, after their last heist. And the whole ending with DeNiro going back to the hotel, leaving his girlfriend, and the chase with Pacino.

In addition to the ending of Last of the Mohicans, the waterfall scene. "I will find you..."

And there's some good ones from Schindler's List, I'd also add when Oskar goes to Auschwitz after the women and children, and when the women were led into that chamber that ended up being a shower. Pretty powerful movie.

2 scenes from my all time favorite movie'A Beautiful Mind' The first would be the scene when he is older and goes into the cafateria and the other professers give them their pens. The second is one of last scenes where he is giving his nobel acceptence speach and it goes back to his wife. That movie was as deep as they come.

The school court scene in Scent of a Women when Deniro stands up and yells "If I was half the man I used to be I'd take a flame thrower to this place." Then proceeds to rip the school establishment apart.

That and the Scene in Goodfellas were Ray Liota goes in the back door and the camera follows him around to the front of the stage. I love the camera work in that.

Hmm last time I checked it was Pacino in Scent of a Woman

Guest Matt Kyriacou

From Tombstone:

Curly Bill: [takes a bill with Wyatt's signature from a customer and throws it on the faro table] Wyatt Earp, huh? I heard of you.

Ike Clanton: Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog. Law don't go around here. Savvy?

Wyatt Earp: I'm retired.

Curly Bill: Good. That's real good.

Ike Clanton: Yeah, that's good, Mr. Law Dog, 'cause law don't go around here.

Wyatt Earp: I heard you the first time.

[flips a card]

Wyatt Earp: Winner to the King, five hundred dollars.

Curly Bill: Shut up, Ike.

Johnny Ringo: [Ringo steps up to Doc] And you must be Doc Holliday.

Doc Holliday: That's the rumor.

Johnny Ringo: You retired too?

Doc Holliday: Not me. I'm in my prime.

Johnny Ringo: Yeah, you look it.

Doc Holliday: And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?

Kate: You don't even know him.

Doc Holliday: Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.

Wyatt Earp: [to Ringo] He's drunk.

Doc Holliday: In vino veritas. [in wine is truth.]

Johnny Ringo: Age quod agis. [Do what you do.]

Doc Holliday: Credat Judaeus Apella, Non Ego. [The Jew Apella may believe it, not I.]

Johnny Ringo: [pats his gun] Ecentus stultorum magister. [Events are the teachers of fools.]

Doc Holliday: [gives a Cheshire cat smile] In pace requiescat. [Rest In Peace]

Tombstone Marshal Fred White: Come on now. We don't want any trouble in here. Not in any language.

Doc Holliday: Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him.

Planes Trains and Automobiles....when they wake up together in the bed and when their car catches fire

The Jerk...when he finds out he isnt black

My favorite scene in Planes Trains... is the speech he gives him.

Neal: You know everything is not an anecdote. You have to discriminate. You choose things that are funny or mildly amusing or interesting. You're a miracle! Your stories have NONE of that. They're not even amusing ACCIDENTALLY! "Honey, I'd like you to meet Del Griffith, he's got some amusing anecodotes for you. Oh and here's a gun so you can blow your brains out. You'll thank me for it." I could tolerate any insurance seminar. For days I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can you stand it?" I'd say, "'Cause I've been with Del Griffith. I can take ANYTHING." You know what they'd say? They'd say, "I know what you mean. The shower curtain ring guy. Woah." It's like going on a date with a Chatty Cathy doll. I expect you have a little string on your chest, you know, that I pull out and have to snap back. Except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back - you would. Agh! Agh! Agh! Agh! And by the way, you know, when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!

Also, I like the scene in Home Alone when the Macaulay is hitting them with blowtorches, paint cans, and BB guns. Then the best part where he gets the spider on him and Joe Pesci says "What are you doing Marv?"

The scene from The Gladiator when the slaves were waiting for the doors of the coliseum to open to allow them the opportunity to fight for their life. One guy is so terrified he's just trembling while urinating down his leg as he hears the crowds screaming to begin.

Braveheart:

Almost any battle or motivation speech scene in the movie, but my favorites are at the end.

A) The scene where the Princess visits him in his cell and begs him to drink the potion to "dull the pain." He tells her that every man dies, but not every man really lives.

B) His torture/death scene. The way he stands his ground and in spite of the king does not beg for mercy.

C) the last scene in the movie when Robert the Bruce asks his fellow Scttsman to now bleed with him. It leads into the final battle, with Gibson's voice narrorating how they were starving and out numbered, but they fought like warrior poets and Scottsmen and won their freedom.

Archived