Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins win how many games?

88Comrade2000

There's no tellin, but I think things may be a lil more interesting than folks think. If the oline holds up, things won't be as bad as folks think. I mean after all, the receiver they got did come from playoff teams, so it's not like they are complete gargage. Even with losing Smoot and Pierce, I think the D will be fine. It all really comes down to the oline giving young Pat time to throw, and being more solid in the run game.

I don't think the Skins will be as poor as the offseason would suggest.

Originally posted by Tae Bo

I agree it comes down to Ramsey, but I don't care about his QB rating, he needs to protect the football and occasionally convert a 3rds and long. If we can shore up the pass rush on D, that combined with getting Jansen back for the running game will be enough to make the playoffs next year.

All the things you mentioned are usually reflected in QB ratings. In his starts he had a rating over 80... if he can do the things like protect the ball and move the chains then that will reflect in his rating.

I think the passing game coming around is definately the key to the season. Because the lack of a passing game and the weaknesses on the o-line were the reasons Portis was suffocated. If Ramsey can't make defenses respect him then we'll be in the same boat next year with a sub .500 record.

Originally posted by Califan007

He almost did...lol...if the defense shows up for just one more play at the end of the 2nd Dallas game, and the refs don't take away the go-ahead touchdown in the Green Bay game, the Skins are 8-8.

Or the offense shows up for A play all year...

Originally posted by jrockster77

Or the offense shows up for A play all year...

Yeah, they tired themselves out after that run by Portis against the Bucs. It took them 12 or 13 weeks to catch their breath.

I voted safely by choosing 9-7. I don't think we'll do worse, and 9-7 is the logical progression. Of course, the NFL isn't very logical, so we could go 13-3 like the Bears did that one year. I see how that could easily happen, also.

Hmm looking at our schedule:

The NFC East has improved. We went 1-5 in it last year and we must get a better record. I think we can manage 3-3 in the NFC East, splitting all the teams.

The NFC West is still pretty weak. I'm going with 2-2 here, with wins against San Fran and Seattle and losses at Zona and St. Louis.

The AFC West doesn't scare me too much either. I'm going with 2-2 here, with wins at Denver and against Oakland, and losses at Kansas City and against San Diego.

Our other two games are vs. Chicago and at Tampa Bay. I think we'll win at least one of those, maybe both. I'll be safe and pick 1-1.

Hmm, thats 8-8, perhaps 9-7. :)

Originally posted by Bufford

right now, I think we've come down a notch overall.

pray I'm wrong.

5-11

Screw that.

I KNOW you're wrong.

What are you basing that on? Losing Coles? Losing Pierce? Do you REALLY think those two are THAT good? The only possible argument I could see one make would be that Smoot was far better than we gave him credit for, and that the Skins will be devastated by his loss. I don't believe that because apparently neither Williams nor Gibbs believes it. We may have a bit of a dropoff, then again, we may not notice a thing. Many predicted the sky would fall when Champ left. It clearly didn't.

I'll tell you why we're a wildcard team next year.

A year in Gibb's system

A year in William's system

Ramsey entrenched as starting QB and gaining Gibb's confidence every step he takes.

Clinton Portis having a better line to run behind (Jansen and Rabach added)

A healthy John Hall.

I don't see how you can logically predict a step back? I know you're a 'black is white' kind of a guy - in fact, you sound more like ASF with every post. But what could possibly lead you to the belief we're going to be worse? Hell - had we started with Ramsey from day one, I firmly believe we'd have been a wildcard LAST season.

I wanna say 10-6. But to be a little less optimistic, I will say 9-7. I am real confident in the Skins coaching. I believe that the defense will not lose a step, and obviously the offense can only get better after one year under Gibbs' offensive system, and with a better o-line.

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

Who's the jerk off that thinks we won't win a game......

:insane:

Come on now.....we play the cardnials don't we?!?!

Yea i am pretty sure that we have a pretty easy schedule this year. I think we play only 4 playoff teams from last year. Maybe 3. We also play the oh so low NFC West with San Fran and of course Arizona.

Archived