Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins win how many games?

88Comrade2000

Guest GIBBSisGOD

I'm filled with anticipation to finally see what our team can do under Gibbs year 2. I wasn't alive/fully aware when gibbs spent his first tenure here and to here all the stories about how the teams didn't really have any superstars that took up all the spotlight but that it was the whole team has really got me on a positive attitude looking towards next year. I can realistically see us make a run for the playoffs ... i can't wait!

Unfortunatley, Smoot's loss (not so much b/c of the player but b/c of the fill in situation)...a WR position in flux...and division rivals who have made themselves better in the offseason...mean that we are going to finish about the same this year...maybe a game or 2 better.

I say 7-9, with us hopefully seeing enough out of Patrick not to have to blow up the team after the season.

10 - 6! Every year we seem to be in a hole during the midpoint of the season where we have no chance of making the playoffs. However, in reality we just miss the playoffs by 1 or 2 games. Our defense will be just as strong this year as last. As far as offense is concerned, Brunell put us in a hole last year and Gibbs won't let that happen again. Ramsey will make the difference to win a couple of close games that we couldn't win last year. Those factors coupled with the strenth of our coashing staff will earn us a playoff berth - finally. Beyond that we will see.

10-6 is realistic if the O makes even modest improvements over this past season. Patrick gets a full training camp with the 1st team O. Jansen is healthy with a new center so hopefully the O-line meshes early. Defense maintains status-quo. I think we can be very good next season.

Hope eternal!

1-15 ! That's just silly. Eagles fans at it again.

my early take:

- our passing game can't get much worse, even with losing coles and gardner. our receivers may not excel, but they will be, at worst, the same as last year.

- ramsey is starting. now, i'm not 100% sold on him, but he's better than he who wears #8. that alone should help out the final tally.

- Oline is better. talked about ad nauseum, so i'll skip it.

- portis has a year under his belt in gibbs's offense. he'll hopefully be better between the tackles, and hopefully the Oline will also be better adjusted to portis's strengths.

- defense may or may not be in the top 5 this year. heck, it's tough to repeat as a top 3 defense without losing anyone. even with the losses of smoot and pierce, the defense will be strong. they could still dominate based on williams's scheme. tough to tell, and it may depend on if we draft heavily on defense.

- end result, 7-9 to 9-7. i voted 9-7.

Originally posted by Saint Joe

I say 4-12. You really can't anticipate the defense to return at half the level they played at last year. We have no quarterback, we have no receivers, and we have no person intelligent enough to run an offense.

15 year old kid calling Gibbs no intelligent enough to run an offense? You need to learn a little thing called respect little boy.

Originally posted by Saint Joe

I say 4-12. You really can't anticipate the defense to return at half the level they played at last year. We have no quarterback, we have no receivers, and we have no person intelligent enough to run an offense.

Yo, homeboy. What are you thick or somethin? :doh:

All this team needed was a little bit more offense to be able to win some close games. I't premature, but as of right now, I'd say we go 11-5, 12-4. With that defense and an improved offense, I really can't see us having a losing record.

If's an buts were candy and nuts and all of the sayings you could possibly use here aside. We lost several games last year because we thought we had them won and the offense F-ed us.

Cle

Bal

GB

Giants Game 1

The glow of Gibbs return is gone and with key players coming back as well as having a top tier defense. I can't help but think we win 10-12 games this year.

I can't believe that 1 and 15 was the most voted for choice for this. WTF??? Is this some kind of prank thread or what? There's no way we go 1-15, just because of the couple guys we let go. Coles, Smoot and Pierce were good, yeah, but they didn't win us any games last year or anything. Coles only had 1 touchdown catch all year. We didn't get the best deal for trading Coles, but we'll still have at least a 9-7 year if you ask me. We'll see.

Lates.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay, I can understand if you think under .500.

The way the skins have played the last 2 seasons you can say that, and I'm not going to argue with that.

But for the 126 (WTF?) who said 1-15, you are all dumbasses.

NO team will be 1-15 this year unless so many of their players are injured tha they have to have the cheerleaders play.

No team is that bad. The skins are still better than at least 5-10 teams in the league right now.

On the flip side-- the skins won't go 15-1 in 2005 either.

They just aren't that good and very few teams really are.

How the Steelers went 15-1 under the radar was impressive and still has many scratching their heads......

Archived