W Arizona

W St. Louis

L Denver

W Kansas City

W Tampa Bay

W Dallas

L Philly

W NY Giants

I agree with most of this, except for the Seattle game. I hear they are interested in 50/50. If that's true, with the hands-o-stone receivers they already have, theres a great chance we can pull that one out too!

10-6!

I think the 10-6 predictions are a bit homerish at the moment.

It'll take another year for Gibbs to get fully readjusted to the NFL, we've got alot of turnover on offense personel wise. I think the offense will be marginally improved but not enough to give us 4 more wins over last season.

I'm expecting improvement, but remaining grounded when it comes to playoff expectations.

I think we can go 8-8 even if the refs cost us 2-4 games again this season.

We have one of the best OL's in the league must likely. Portis. A more experienced Ramsey. Arrington and Bowen are back. These receivers can probably catch a higher % of the passes thrown their way. Hopefully they can get open more often otherwise bad choice fo receivers.

I'll go with somewhere between 8-8 and 11-5.

I chose 16-0, like I have done every single year.

But you know what, I can see us going 12-4, losing to Philly twice and Dallas once.

San Francisco -W

Seattle -W

Oakland -W

San Diego -L

Chicago -W

Dallas -W

Philly -L

NY Giants -W (Eli, meet LaVar!)

Arizona -W

St. Louis -W

Denver -W

Kansas City -W

Tampa Bay -W

Dallas -L

Philly -L

NY Giants -W (Eli, meet LaVar! -Part Deaux-)

[/homer]

I honestly believe we will see 2-3 games improvement.

Originally posted by Califan007

10-6...An unexpected turnaround and half this site (and 90% of the media) eats crow...only the crow eaters here will savor every bite, while those in the media will pretend they never said anything.

I agree completely...10-6 and the critics are hushed and stunned:)

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

While on paper we got worse our scedule is easier.......

I say 7-9 with a shot of 9-7 ......

i really dont think we got worse. i honestly think that our WR's will be at least a slight upgrade, but more importantly, the O line will be MUCH better with jansen and rabach, not to mention a year under the belt of the rest of the starters. they will actually be able to protect ramsey, who i think showed some very promising signs the more he played, and they will be able to open holes for portis- something they could almost never do last year. a running game that can manage more than 3 yards a pop will be huge. i think our O will at least be decent- middle of the NFL in ranking.

losing smoot and pierce isnt great, but we will have lavar back and with sean taylor and company in their second year in williams system, the D could easily be as good as last year.

remember, we lost most games by less than 7 points last year. this year, we will win 4 more for a 10-6 record. :cool:

Like others, I think it's a bit early to really predict much. Considering we don't even know when we actually play each team yet, nor what our draft entails or who we may still pick up after June 1st cuts.

But for giggles, I'll go 10-6 once again this year. The line has improved, and 3/5s of it have been through a full season of it. They will also have the off-season to get the whole zone blocking bit down to make Portis more effective. I'm assuming Ramsey comes out of the box as the starter from the get go, and the offense took an immediate step forward once he hit the field, so I equate him and a good O-line have to be worth at least 2 more games, even if we stay with the EXACT same conservative game plans as last year.

Add to that a revamped WR corp. While I will agree Moss is a downgrade from Coles, I think he make up for a lot of it in attitude. If he can become an actual downfield threat, not only will we see a little more chain movement from passing, but hopefully it can open the box more for Portis. Patten to me is a definite upgrade over Gardner. Gardner was sloppy, and was basically non-exsistant the last half of the season. Getting someone who can simply be where he should and catch the dang ball is going to be an improvement. If this pans out and we open up more, a better passing game has to be worth at least one more game. And the advantage to the running game adds one for me as well. An additional 4 games gets us to 10 for the year.

I still have reservations on Goal-line packages. Hopefully the O-line changes will be all we need for that, but I'm not ready to hold my breathe. I still would like to see an upgrade in blocking in the TE area, but will be pleasently surprised if Royal can take another big step forward.

Defense - We will take a step back, but not as big of one as I think people expect. The D-line is intact and was solid. We still lack the pass rushing, which will hurt a bit without Smoot, if we don't find a equal or better replacement at CB. But I don't think it will make us overly vunerable, just a bit more so then last year. I personally am not overly concerned with the loss of Pierce. If Barrow makes it back, we will actually upgrade the LB corp overall, with the return of him and Arrington. If Lemar gets the nod to start, I think our corp will be about the same as last year. The secondary could be intresting to see what suffle ensues. Lott to CB, or Harris, or Wilds? While I see all as a step down, I don't think it will be big enough to cause some gapping hole every offense can take advantage of. With Bowen back, a new CB and Taylor fully comfortable, I actually see Williams revamping the whole secondary strategy which will make up for the loss of smoot. So I don't see the changes in defense actually costing us any games.

10-6.. with the right to change my mind as often as I please.. as I am a woman after all! ;)

I was hoping 10-6, but right now I'm not so sure.

It will be better than 6-10 and hopefully good enough to make a play at a WC.

But it's waaaaaaay too early to make that call, let's see who we draft, who we sign (if any others) and who gets hurt (if Jansen didn't go down, same with Arrington we probably win 1-2 more games in 2004 at least).

Originally posted by sashae

4-12

W San Francisco

L Seattle

L Oakland

L San Diego

W Chicago

L Dallas

L Philly

L NY Giants

W Arizona

L St. Louis

L Denver

L Kansas City

W Tampa Bay

L Dallas

L Philly

L NY Giants

I hope i'm wrong :doh:

:laugh: Wow are you ever.

Seattle, Oakland, St. Louis, and Denver are all horrible teams. Plus we will not lose every damn NFC East game, who are you kidding.

I think with Ramsey starting all the games and some zone blocking for Portis we will win 10 games no problem. In addition I think the NFC east will struggle again. Even the Eagles will have trouble winning more then ten games. Hell they are going to lose to the Redskins twice!!!

DTC 4 LIFE

Originally posted by Califan007

10-6...An unexpected turnaround and half this site (and 90% of the media) eats crow...only the crow eaters here will savor every bite, while those in the media will pretend they never said anything.

I hope you are right...though I voted for 6-10...I don't see much improvement this year...:(

quote:

Originally posted by sashae

4-12

W San Francisco

L Seattle

L Oakland

L San Diego

W Chicago

L Dallas

L Philly

L NY Giants

W Arizona

L St. Louis

L Denver

L Kansas City

W Tampa Bay

L Dallas

L Philly

L NY Giants

I hope i'm wrong

yea your definately wrong buddy...two losses to the Giants? man...you belong in the media!

It's way too early for this.

In my view, though, it will come down to how Ramsey matures. He can't be a 75 or 76 QB rating guy for us to win big. We can probably go 8-8 with that, but we can't be much more. If Ramsey matures nicely, we might expect a very nice season. A lot rides on him.

I agree it comes down to Ramsey, but I don't care about his QB rating, he needs to protect the football and occasionally convert a 3rds and long. If we can shore up the pass rush on D, that combined with getting Jansen back for the running game will be enough to make the playoffs next year.

Archived