Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

Damn regular members thinking they're mods, pretending to be on a power trip! Stop the insanity! :silly:

It's all good. I thought there might haven been so va-ja-ja in that shot. I'm glad regular members are looking out. Thanks ASF

It's all good. I thought there might haven been so va-ja-ja in that shot. I'm glad regular members are looking out. Thanks ASF

No worries unsonny, we've had many a close call with this epic thread and a temporary closure or two as such the mods have impressed upon us the importance of self policing the thread which you so wonderfully gave to us so many years ago, but which has become a child raised by the Tailgate...and yes this thread is what a child would be like if we all raised it together.

NICKELBACK

Here's an Owned anecdote, related to me by a friend who I trust completely.

This friend works backstage at many concerts as a neuro-muscular therapist. Musicians and their crews are incredibly physically jacked up from life on the road, so they need quite a bit of physical therapy. This friend just happens to be one of the best in the business -- she's the one who gets called in by the owners of the venue for ANY big act, be it American Idol, Robert Plant, or, in this case, Nickelback.

While working at the show, she worked on Ryan Peake (guitarist). While making small talk, he asked if she was a fan. My friend, brutally honest to a fault, said, "No, not really" -- an incredibly tactful response for her. Peake laughed, and said something to the effect of, "Yeah, we get that a lot." He knew she was a huge modern rock fan from previous portions of their conversation, though, so he asked why. (This is where I cringed, hearing the story related).

She told him that although Nickelback was really just successful doing something that a lot of bands do, that big difference in her dislike for them was the lyrics. When pressed, she told him that the lyrics, when they weren't needlessly vulgar or vile, were overly simplistic and utterly devoid of meaning (this is me paraphrasing). She then told Peake that her impression of Kroeger was that he is a gigantic tool (not paraphrasing).

Peake laughed, and said, "Yeah, we'd probably agree with you." He went on to tell her that Kroeger tours on a bus separately from the rest of the band because it's really hard to be confined to the same space as the guy for too long. He also said that he feels like he and the other guys just got really lucky to be doing what they're doing for a living, and that they all know that they are not a great gift to the rock genre. He essentially intimated that the musicians are almost waiting for the world to wise up, to figure out that they really are not that good.

I thought the story was somewhat entertaining, and it made me at least respect Peake. The self-deprecation is something I can appreciate, and it somehow helps to know that even Nickelback doesn't think Nickelback is good. A bit of self-ownage, if you will.

128809458057907980.jpg