Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most Disturbing Movies Ever...

Califan007 The Constipated

Originally posted by atloldskin

Deer Hunter

I was devastated after watching that movie. Just awful.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Requiem For A Dream - uber depressing. The score makes this movie.

City of God - Lots of gruesome violence done by kids and against kids.

RfaD: Totally agree. The amputation is almost unbearable.

City of God: Amazing movie. One of the best that I have ever seen or will ever see. If you haven't seen it rent it.

Originally posted by The Gibber

And call me wacky but I though American Psycho was a comedy.

You're definitely wacky. :) That movies is pretty damn good, and I've laughed at it too. Mostly because that society, rich, young investment bankers are still like that in many ways. Whether or not they are socipathic killers is another thing. But the business cards bit--that's right on: I've actually seen that happen at work.

Man Bites Dog is also really good. It's a French film--which is partly horror and partly very black comedy.

There are also segments of Trainspotting that I found very disturbing.

I know that American Psycho had some gruesome parts and any movie about a serial killer is going to be disturbing, but the parts of that movie that stick out in my mind are the business card scene and when he was videotaping his escapades with various ladies of the night, and he was staring at himself in the mirror flexing his arms. Not to mention his discussions on various 80's artist such as Huey lewis and the News and why Phil Collins was better than Genesis. Those were the images left in my mind after watching that movie, whereas after watching Requiem, I could not get the amputation of jared leto or the shocking of Ellen Burstyn out of my memory. And I can still see that guy getting his head smashed in by a fire extinguisher in Irreversible. I dont think that image is ever going away. Those movies were truly disturbing.

There was also a prison movie that had Master P in it, which was really disturbing.

Originally posted by SkinsFan03

I will probably take crap for this, but it has to be said:

American Psycho is even more gruesome as a book. Lots of things that would never get past the censors.

No crap from me. Ellis' book is much more graphic.

Another disturbing scene that I just thought of is the "curbing" in American History X.

I like to watch horror/suspense movies and most don't really bother me. But for some strange reason, I just can't watch Phantasm II because it leaves me nauseated.

For the most part the movies is cheesy and not at all scary. But the multiple gruesome fates of the "servant" from that movie always disturbs me. I haven't watched it in years but the same nauseating feeling comes over me whenever I think about it.

Originally posted by portisizzle

Here is an opportunity for me to find out about a movie that scared me when i was younger. I had forgotten about the movie until this thread. Furthermore I have forgotten the title and really want to watch it again. So maybe you can help?

The movie had two scenes that are branded in my mind.

1) A group of people sitting around a table calling for dead people to come back to talk to them. (sayonce? Sp?) Some old, maybe indian head appears over the table and starts talking to the people. Bad stuff happens, but I forget what.

2) An this is most disturbing. A woman has some possessed baby that is delivered out of her back.

Hope you can help?? I think I saw the movie when I was a young teenager in the early - mid eighties. If you can help me with the title you would have helped me find the answer to a question that I have been looking for my whole adult life. (Not that I think daily about the movie. In fact this is the first time I have thought about it for a few years.)

That sounds like a 70's horror flick called 'The Manitou'.....talk about an obscure flick......

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077904/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxwbj0wfHE9dGhlIG1hbml0b3V8aHRtbD0xfG5tPW9u;fc=1;ft=21;fm=1

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

The Ring.....

After watching that movie I felt so strange......It wasn't a scary movie, but I was just disturbed.....

Yeah that was pretty wierd, especially since the movie mentioned Revere Highschool, which is North of Boston. My wife went to that school.

Anyone ever seen Cube? I took a look at it at Blockbuster but it looked to messed up to rent.

Exorcist-never been able to watch that movie the full way through.

Arlington Road-pretty disturbing too, not in a horror way but more of a very very depressing way.

Oh and I too have a question relating to a movie I remember watching when I think I was 5 or so, I remember I was sick that night and woke up at like 2 or 3 in the morning and went into the living room and turned on the T.V. and there was a horror movie that scared the hell out of me so I was up the rest of the night feeling sicker and couldn't get any sleep. A bunch of kids are in this house and one of the guy's girlfriends gets possessed or something and starts crawling on walls and stuff...also I remember there being a giant spider in a room at some point in the movie. I know it is a vague description but one by one kids were getting taken over I think.

Oh, and that weird guy from Poltergeist 3 has always and probably will always creep me out.

• 2 years later...

Hey Good Thread. I'm going to have to go through the list and make a point to see all these twisted movies.

let me add, "Straw Dogs" with Dustin Hoffman, from way back in the 60's. There was an aweful rape scene where the victim ends up liking it. Very disturbing.

Archived