Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most Disturbing Movies Ever...

Califan007 The Constipated

Originally posted by unsonny

I cant believe this movie hasnt made it on this thread yet

"Happiness"

took me a day or two to return to normal

Hey. What the hell are you doing posting in this thread? This isn't the babe thread. Get back to work.

;)

Originally posted by Resurrection

It's a foreign film, I think Spanish or something. The plot is something like. Guy meets girl. Girl Dissapears. Guy investigates. Meets weird dude, who you know right away is probably involved. Guy is relentless in trying to find out what happened to the girl. Gets hypnotized ( I think ) in an attempt to see if he knows anything. (Maybe by the weird dude) When the guy wakes up from his hypnosis, he has been buried alive. The camera actually shows the guy freaking out inside the coffin, banging trying to get out. That's how the movie ends. (Does that suck or what :laugh: ) Does anybody know the name of this movie?

It's called "The Vanishing". It is actually a Dutch movie and was later remade into an American version by the same name, starring Keifer Sutherland. If you do watch this movie, please do me a favor and rent the Dutch version, because it is so much better. The remake is ok and all but there were some changes made that didn't do the original justice and you will definitely enjoy the original, providing you don't mide subtitles. It is worth it, trust me.

Link below for synopsis:

http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=1:52212

"Based on Time Krabbe's The Golden Egg, The Vanishing is a deeply disturbing psychological thriller about a young man's search for his girlfriend after she disappears at a rest stop during a short trip. Over the course of three years, the man obsessively searches for her, using his spare time to put up posters and leave handbills, hoping that someone will give him a clue to the mystery surrounding her disappearance. The kidnapper, having watched the man for some time, is intrigued by his increasing obsession and finally contacts him. He then gives the man the opportunity to learn firsthand of his girlfriend's fate. The film, frightening and moving with a chilling conclusion, is a small masterpiece as director George Sluizer confronts and examines the true nature of evil and obsession. Sluizer remade The Vanishing in an American version four years after the release of the original Dutch film, inexplicably changing the shocking ending which gave the original film such power."

Here is an opportunity for me to find out about a movie that scared me when i was younger. I had forgotten about the movie until this thread. Furthermore I have forgotten the title and really want to watch it again. So maybe you can help?

The movie had two scenes that are branded in my mind.

1) A group of people sitting around a table calling for dead people to come back to talk to them. (sayonce? Sp?) Some old, maybe indian head appears over the table and starts talking to the people. Bad stuff happens, but I forget what.

2) An this is most disturbing. A woman has some possessed baby that is delivered out of her back.

Hope you can help?? I think I saw the movie when I was a young teenager in the early - mid eighties. If you can help me with the title you would have helped me find the answer to a question that I have been looking for my whole adult life. (Not that I think daily about the movie. In fact this is the first time I have thought about it for a few years.)

Originally posted by dks1240

wlly wonka and the chocolate factory. hands down. someone was on acid when they thought of that sh!t. it scares the heck out of me!!! :(

I'm glad you mentioned that movie dks. I'm the type that doesn't freak out easily. Seven, Blair witch, and most of those kinds of movies don't get to me at all. OTOH, I still remember my parents taking me to see Willy Wonka when I was a kid. That movie screwed with my mind for years. Especially those freakin oopa loopas. :paranoid: That movie just wasn't right.

Desperate Living and Pink Flamingos, two of John Waters' earlier films, aren't much fun to sit through. More bizarre and campy than 'dark' in the the traditional horror-movie sense, but I found them disturbing.

The first Hellraiser creeped me out; I envisioned it being a gore-fest, which it is, but it also has a truly depressing, almost nihilistic tone to it that makes it more affecting than the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, for example (one of my favorites).

IT scared me, but that's probably because I read the book when I was 8 - way, way too young. Parents take note! When I finally saw the images on screen that had haunted me for so long, it brought up some bad memories. Clowns generally creep me out, anyway.

Battle Royale was mentioned earlier in the thread - that's a nice dose of ultra-violence for those willing to watch kids murder each other. Intense.

The Ring is the only time I can remember looking away from the screen in a theater...the first time one sees that movie the sense of dread is unbelievable...it fades with further viewings, but the first time, wow.

And I'm not sure there will ever be a more disturbing movie than The Exorcist. I saw it again in a downtown Philadelphia theater during its re-release a few years back. The crowd was mostly young, urban people who hadn't seen it before, and thought they were in for a laugh and a scare. Cell phones ringing during the opening scenes, laughter at some of the things Regan does in the early stages of her possession...a pretty loose bunch. By the end of the movie you could hear a pin drop. People were scared witless. Though I wasn't around for its original release, I think it's safe to say it hasn't lost any of its effect.

"Irreversible" definitely had one of the most brutal on-screen murders I've ever seen...I had to watch the "making of" to see how it was done.

"Vulgar" was pretty disturbing...just left me feeling dirty...and I like feeling dirty. But that's another story for another time...

And, the only scene I can't watch without feeling slightly nauseous is in one of my favorite movies of all time, "Dead Alive"...the scene where the mother has to host lunch and is literally falling apart. I don't know, there's just something about pus and eating that grosses me out.

Originally posted by Doggmatica Johnson

I have to ask how you sat through that.

That's easy. I watched the arm breaking scene in the ending/beginning in the club scene several times just to make sure I saw it right. The r@pe scene was brutal too.

Nothing really freaks me out at all except for movies that have super-natural elements. For example, 'Poltergeist' when I was a kid or recently 'The Ring' which freaked me out for a week. Bring on all the axe-murderers no prob.

Originally posted by DC_Hokie

That's easy. I watched the arm breaking scene in the ending/beginning in the club scene several times just to make sure I saw it right. The r@pe scene was brutal too.

Nothing really freaks me out at all except for movies that have super-natural elements. For example, 'Poltergeist' when I was a kid or recently 'The Ring' which freaked me out for a week. Bring on all the axe-murderers no prob.

To this day, I cannot watch Poltergeist. And I'm a 28 year old man. That movie damaged me for life. It doesn't help of course, that the night my parents made me watch this, we had a horrendous thunderstorm. And when we got home that night, I went into my bedroom to go to bed, and there was a TREE IN MY ROOM. One of the trees in our yard was hit by lightning that night and it fell through my bedroom wall. Now, anyone that has seen Poltergeist knows of the tree scene, so you can only imagine what kind of damage this would do to a 7 year old kid.

Originally posted by portisizzle

Here is an opportunity for me to find out about a movie that scared me when i was younger. I had forgotten about the movie until this thread. Furthermore I have forgotten the title and really want to watch it again. So maybe you can help?

The movie had two scenes that are branded in my mind.

1) A group of people sitting around a table calling for dead people to come back to talk to them. (sayonce? Sp?) Some old, maybe indian head appears over the table and starts talking to the people. Bad stuff happens, but I forget what.

2) An this is most disturbing. A woman has some possessed baby that is delivered out of her back.

Hope you can help?? I think I saw the movie when I was a young teenager in the early - mid eighties. If you can help me with the title you would have helped me find the answer to a question that I have been looking for my whole adult life. (Not that I think daily about the movie. In fact this is the first time I have thought about it for a few years.)

I think that one was 'Rosemary's Baby'. That one is thought of as a classic, along with 'The Exorcist'.

Originally posted by Mufumonk

I loved Punch Drunk Love. Sandler is completely insane in that movie.

Punch Drunk Love?? That movie blows! I remember when it was over saying "I guess I can't get that 90 minutes of my life back, can I?".

Another vote for Faces of Death and Seven from me. I was young when I saw faces of death and it freaked me out!

If any of you guys saw Monster, check out the documentary Aileen: the life and death of a serial killer. First off you realize why Charlize won the oscar because she does an uncanny performance of the lady.

But the disturbing parts of Aileen is when they are talking about how Aileen Wornos grew up. She had a baby when she was 13 by the "local pedophile" and her dad kicked her out of the house so she lived in the woods down the street and started hooking. Real stories, IMO, make me more disturbed than movies.

But I also have to second whoever said:

Requiem for a Dream

Irreversible

For other movies based on true stories:

City of God (as previously mentioned by someone)

The Magdalene Sisters

And call me wacky but I though American Psycho was a comedy.

Archived