Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With Gibbs at hand, have we shaken our Nourvesness?

NoCalMike

I know we are all hyped up and rightfully so, but when it is 5 minutes till kickoff on opening weekend, and we are all sitting there with our beer and buffalo wings eagerly awaiting............are we gonna get even the slightest case of Norvousness? I can't think of a term for the Spurrier years.......

#1, I never was Norvous before the game. When I got norvous was when Fox said "And that's the end of the third quarter, with the Redskins up by . . "

And, yes, I expect it'll happen a few times, again. It's become a reflex. But, I remember Marty was able to get me over them, for a while, so I don't expect them to last long with Coach Joe.

Spurrier's two years here were the most painful. Not only didn't the team play well, but he sounded like an idiot.

Are we over the bad mojo?

Yeah, I think so. We have pro caliber coaches and better players and depth stretched over the roster.

That always helps :D

To his credit, at least Spurrier admitted afterward that he wasn't a good match for the job.

Meanwhile, Turner cried and belly-ached that he was 'screwed' out his job in DC while posting a 49-59-1 record in 6 plus years.

Yeah, that was all Snyder's fault :laugh:

For the critics, too bad 5 of those years were before Snyder purchased the team!

Originally posted by bulldog

To his credit, at least Spurrier admitted afterward that he wasn't a good match for the job.

Meanwhile, Turner cried and belly-ached that he was 'screwed' out his job in DC while posting a 49-59-1 record in 6 plus years.

Yeah, that was all Snyder's fault :laugh:

For the critics, too bad 5 of those years were before Snyder purchased the team!

That what galls me the most... these journalists are quick to defend Nervous (because he was a nice guy)... but they forget he did not have a winning record against ANY team in the NFC East that included the juggernaut known as the Bidwell Cardinals....:puke:

Archived