Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official #11 Question Thread

bayougator

Ok Guys And Gals.

Here is what you have been waiting for.

This is how it is going to go down. Patrick and I discussed it and this is what he could agree to at this time. As you can imagine, Patrick and the team are completely in gulfed in practices and meetings. So he is doing this as a favor to me. SO BE NICE!!!

What I proposed to him was opening a thread for about a week to take questions from the fans on this site. After the deadline, He and I will sort through the questions and find the best ones. When he gets back to Ruston after minicamps, in a week, we will sit down and answer as many as possible. I will then Post the answers to the ones that were picked.

I don't know if we will do anything live at this time, but if we do I will give everyone a couple of days notice.

To limit the quantity of questions here are my rules:

1) Do not PM any questions to me.

2) Read the questions before you post yours. I don't have time to read 500,000 of the same question. If you want to vote for a question then simply post it as a quote (with no text). This will save time.

3) Try to stick to football questions. No deep personal questions. AND EXPECIALLY "NO" PERSONAL QUESTIONS ABOUT THE COACHES OR TEAMMATES.

4) Questions are reserved to posters with over 300 posts. This is to limit the # of fake extremeskins that are just here for this.

5) I have noticed that everyone has discussed how great this site is. I agree whole heartedly. Blade - OM - and all the others do a tremendous job. Allot has come out of their pocket. I can not require it, but I can say your question will be looked at more favorably if you are a contributor to the site. Let's help these guys out!!$!

The dates for this thread start Now and run through Monday night next week.

Be cool and have fun!

Bayougator:cool:

Dear Patrick,

Om wrote an Extremeskins article called "The Gibbsian Moment" about the moment in a football fan's life when he realizes that he is bearing witness to something great.

Is there any defining moment in your football career--as a child or an adult--where you felt you were in the presence of true greatness? Perhaps something that inspired you to become the football player you are today?

Thank you, and best of luck.

EDIT: Hope this isn't a "deep personal question"; it's meant to be about your football life, not your personal life.

Bayou... long time no see.. How's it going?

Let me be the first to say THANK YOU, to both you and Patrick, for your time and interest to do this for all us fans. :notworthy

* How's the foot, and how's the timing in minicamp coming along?

* What are some of the positives Pat's seen going on at Redskin Park since Coach Gibbs & Company have come in to run the team.

* What does he think of the OL nickname "Dirt Bags"

* What does Pat think of Gibbs offense so far, and how does he think it will play against the NFC East?

Thanks again!!

PR, Steve Spurrier received a lot of criticism during his tenure in DC. However, he must have done some good while he was here also. What did you think he did exceptionally well and what could he have improved upon?

Thanks for taking the time to do this. We really appreciate it.

Patrick-

Its evident that athletes feed off of a home crowd, especially in big games. How do you approach those same big games on the road?

Does your mindset as a player and/or the team change upon entering a stadium such as Texas Stadium, Lincoln Field, or the Meadowlands?

Do you expect a difference in the mindset this year as opposed to your first two seasons in the league?

Thanks for doing this everyone. Truly a unique opportunity.

Hail Skins.

Thankyou for your time Patrick and Brother Bayou.

We're football junkies here, (obviously), and like to 'hear" bout the technical aspects of the game, ( even if some of us need an interpreter). could you give a brief run down of a play from last year, or maybe one you've done during this years practices, ( without giving too much detail of course). You know, on this play the presnap read is...... and what the play is looking to do, that kind of thing. How it urned out even. QB talk. :)

Bayou, Patrick, and Site Admins

Thank you so much for setting this up!

Patrick,

First of all best of luck this season and I hope your foot is healing well!

You are a righty and Brunnell is a lefty. Being that the two of you will battle for the spot during traning camp, how does the fact that we have opposite handed affect the teams abilty to practice. Aren't protections shifted and such? God forbid if one of you ever gets injured, are there adjustments that have to be made to the offense to accomadate an opposite handed thrower?

Patrick,

My wife and I almost moved to Ruston for her to teach history at Louisiana Tech.

You took a lot of hits while playing for the Green Wave and a huge number of vicious hits in your time with the Skins. Do you believe that somewhere in your mind, the memory of the hits has affected you such as to hinder your ability to focus downfield and go through your progressions and reads? And if not, how are you able to block out that defensive player about to hit you and hold the ball until your receiver is in a position to make a play on the ball?

Best of luck this year and God Bless!

Hey Patrick & Bayou,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedules to get involved with the fans. It is always a treat for us to be able "sit down & talk" with someone we look up to.

That being said, I would like to say that I hope your foot has healed well & that you are back to 100%. I also would like to say that I don't think that I have seen a QB in the Burgundy & Gold be so calm, cool, & collected at the worst times since Theismann. You have fantastic poise in the pocket & great resiliance. Keep up the great work & go win us a Super Bowl!!! :)

Patrick and Bayou, thank you. Wonderful opportunity you've afforded us and truly a highlight of the ExtremeSkins experience.

Question:

We've heard repeatedly that the offensive protection schemes will ensure the QBs will remain upright and James Thrash was quoted recently saying the offensive allows the receivers to "make plays".

Without giving away the intracacies of the offense, what's the difference from Gibbs' offense compared to other offensive schemes you've learned?

How is it that an offense can devote such importance to QB protection and still have the "skill" players excited about its potential and possibilities? Because on the surface, it would appear "limiting".

Is it the scheme per se? Or the talent on hand?

Thanks a bunch for this chance Bayou :)

Hi Patrick, how's it going?

How much do you think it will help your passing game overall to have a much more solid rushing attack now that the Redskins have a top-flight RB in the backfield like Clinton Portis?

Patrick, A How you doin from jersey, been a skin's fan since I was 8 yrs. old, [now 39]when I saw you play in your first game in tennessee, I knew you were going to be special, I could see you are a true instinctive QB, with the physical tool's to go with it, my prediction's of league stardom for you has caused a lot of, let's say, discussion's, with all my giant buddies, {I am surrounded } [coincidently hasselbach used to live down the road from me here in jersey, along with T. coughlin], I made sure they left town:D , The question I have for you is this, I was very adimit about not aquiring M. Brunnell, for the very reason, that I believed you are going to be the best QB JG ever had the chance to coach, It seem's to me though that coach Gibb's is really trying to cover the worst case scenerio with depth at every position, I also believe coach is a man of his word, and if he say's the best man play's, I believe him, but what if everything shakes out fairly equal in camp, do you believe coach will go with the veteran under the circumstances?

Not that I think Brunnell on his best day will, or was, as good as you will be, and I have a hard time believing that he will beat you out, but his expierience coupled with your youth right now, could level the playing field, at least early on.

I hope this question isn't going to far?

Hey Patrick & BG thanks for your time & efforts in doing this.

If there was a word(s) to describe the difference and/or approach between the coaching staffs this year, so far, and last year what would that be? And given that, what benefits do you see for the team as a whole because of that difference/approach.

Bayou - thanks for doing this, you definitely stepped up when you didn't have to, and it is more appreciated than you know.

Patrick - you're the man and one tough son of a gun. Must be the Wheaties.

After two years in the league, do you find yourself focusing on different things to prepare yourself for the season? How much of an adjustment have you had to make to assimilate Gibbs' schemes?

What defensive backs in the league are your toughest match-ups? Who do you think are the best pass rushers that you've faced?

Thanks for your time, both Bayou and #11.

A huge thank you to the Ramsey boys for letting us do this! Being such huge fans of the game yourselves, I know that you know how meach this means to us. :respect:

My question is this:

Who was your childhood football hero? Who was the guy who you pretended to be when you were a kid playing in the back yard?

First. THank you to the powers that be on Extremeskins for making this possible. :notworthy:

Question:

I was at the Tennessee game when you came of the bench for an injured Danny Wuerfel (sp?)

When you took that first snap, what was going through your mind. You looked cool as a cucumber.

Thanks and have a great season :thumbsup:

Bayou and Patrick...thank you so much :notworthy

Patrick, from the little that we have seen from the mini camps it seems the team chemistry is really growing. I was just wondering from your - a player's - perspective...is what we're seeing right? How is the chemistry on the team? (Among each other and in the relationships with the coaches)

And how does is it compare to last year?

Thanks again, and it's great to have you back :cheers:

Muchas Gracias Ramsey Brothers for your ultimate kindness here!!! :notworthy

OK, I think my question is a little different from what's been asked thus far. Are there any significant differences in QB techniques like footwork, arm motion, etc. that you're being run through between Spurrier and Don Breaux/Joe Gibbs? Besides the obvious differences in plays and such, which other posters have already asked about, I'm just curious if there are little technical things that the new coaching staff is having you do differently or perhaps having you concentrate on more (i.e. play action fakes, etc.).

Also, whereas Spurrier supposedly instructed his QBs to look downfield first and then progress backwards, what kind of progressions does the new offense entail? Are you concentrating more on just one guy, etc.?

Pat: First of all thanks for your time here... We all love ya and know that you are OUR QB!

I wanted to know how difficult it was to play for Spurrier knowing that the entire world was criticizing his protection scheme and almost knowing that you were subject to taking a beating at any time?

More specifically, were there any arguments, questions, demands made of the coaching staff by yourself or others during last season in regards to improving the scheme, or was it the coaching staff just blaming the Offensive Line?

I asked Jon (Jansen) this question while Steve was still the coach and he gracefully denied to comment.

Anyway thanks again for taking time with your fans - We REALLY Appreciate it!!

Kevin Bell

NJ

(guys I know you are reserving this for 300+ posters but just because I don't thinks its fair. I mean we are ALL fans here.)

First off, I want to say thanks to You(Patrick), your brother Bayou and the Extremeskins staff. You guys are top notch.

Now to my question;

Patrick, there has been a lot of talk, on this board as well as other places, about things you can do to really become the next great QB. What particular part of your game (ex. quicker ball release, pocket presence, etc.) do you feel you need to improve this off-season to really get to the next level?

In closing, thank you so much for doing this and also for embodying the essence of a true Redskins player or fan (takes a licking and keeps on ticking). You are a great player, and a great person. Keep up the good work.

Archived