Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official #11 Question Thread

bayougator

Man this thread has grown fast.

Bayou, Pat, you two are tops.

While I doubt you'll touch this question, I'm still gonna ask even if most here will think it a dumb question.

Knowing the speed of the pro game, do things seem to happen in slow-mo at times...........no sound.........almost like watching from the outside as a play devolops.

:cheers:

Patrick, a couple serious questions and one not so serious question.

#1 If you could throw a TD pass to any current (or retired) player, who would you pick and why?

#2 Do you think coaching is in your future?

#3 What's your favorite bar back in Louisana? :cheers:

Thanks and I hope you have an awesome season!

:helmet: :point2sky :helmet: :point2sky :helmet: :point2sky :helmet:

first i 'd lke to thank the mods and you bayou and especially you Pat for taking the time to answer some of our questions. :cheers: to you having a great year as a redskin with many more to come.

my question : when did you first start playing QB , at what age were you ? reason my 5yr.old son will start to play football this fall and he wants to be a QB , he's a lefty and has a nice throw and spiral all ready , he watched alot of your games with me last yr. loves the game and talks about how many times you got hit , and kept getting back up to play . wants to be just like you . i've told him that it'll take alot of practice and patience and being smart to become a good Qb. if you could find the time to answer this i'd like to show kevin your answer , thanks HTTR

Greetings Patrick, from a fellow Tulane alum and longtime admirer. My Redskins football question is this: Coach Spurrier had a particular way of teaching his quarterbacks on where to hold the ball in the "ready" position while dropping back (high near the ear). Are you going to stay with that, revert to a lower ball position like you used in college, or are you being coached on a different handle location by the new staff? Bonus question--have you talked to Losman or Mewelde since they were drafted, and how are they doing? Thanks.

I heartily endorse the kudos for Pat, Bayougator, the mods here, and all the creatures on Joe Gibbs' green earth.

The only question I can think of about how we can help you out: is there a way that we fans can help you at the stadium, presumably with noise? I realize you're on offense, so maybe one way is for the fans to pipe down when you reach the line of scrimmage (and roar after we make a big play to try to dishearten the other team). What can we do that's particularly disruptive to the other team when they're on offense?

i already asked a question and don't have another that hasn't already been asked, but i had to mention something.

i am so impressed by the football knowledge of the redskins fans on this board and am truly appreciative that i have a chance to contribute with you all. looking forward to spending the season talking football and getting out of the tailgate.

pat and bayou, one more shout out from a devoted fan. we all understand that you have families and jobs that require your immediate and primary attention and the fact that the both of you are willing to spend your time on this (outstanding) redskins board, communicating with the average (and fanatic) fans shows what great guys you are. thank you both so very much.

looking forward to reading as many responses as you can get to.

and see you for MNF against little D, and at home versus the Jersey Jints.

****, i almost (well really i did, but love that EDIT button) forgot to thank ALL the Mods and owners/operators of extremeskins for their contributions to making this the best fan-oriented football site on web....

and to all you cheapskate moochers-- CONTRIBUTE GODDAMIT!!!!

I apologize if this question has been asked before but its just so hard to read through all the questions, I really appreciate all the work you are putting into this Bayou. Its a really great thing for you to do.

My question is: Pat, who is the most ferocious player you've played against at the NFL level in terms of intensity and hard hitting capabilities? :)

Good luck this season and on a personal note I wanted to let you know that I respect your toughness that was displayed last year tremendously.

First off thanks a bunch this is pretty cool! Pat growing up who was the better sandlot athlete you or Bayou?

who played qb when you guys played football? and who is your most hated team (Im hoping you say Cowboys but it could be a college rival ).

I thought the way you handled yourself so far has been the epitomy of class and Im glad you are a Redskin.

If you ever want to go hunting or fishing in Northern alberta drop me a PM. Just got a huge grizzly two days ago (Im not poaching either Im metis).

Good luck this season for what its worth I hope you beat out Brunnel I like him but think that you need to be on the field as you earned it last year! but whatever Joe decides is probably for the best.

Ryan

Wow, not being on the board much the past few weeks and just seen this thread, amazing, thanks again to Bayou and Patrick for their time and effort doing this.

My question is this. Being an "international" poster/fan, how aware is Patrick of the following the Redskins have worldwide, the Redskins are perhaps the most popular team outside the US. Has he ever been to the UK/Europe?

Thanks.

Knowing the speed of the pro game, do things seem to happen in slow-mo at times...........no sound.........almost like watching from the outside as a play devolops.

man, i used to get that during high school wrestling matches.

Anyways, I know I haven't reached the 300 posts caste, but I'm new to this specific Redskins' board. My question's not so much about football as much as being a pro player in general.

Having grown up somewhere other than the area of the team you play for(D.C. area), it's a fair assumption that you, and most NFLers don't get to play for their favorite team. I was wondering if that ever comes into play in the mental aspect of the game. I know the 'skins have a lot of players from Texas, some of them must have grown up Cowboys fans hating the Redskins. I only bring it up, because i know if i had had the chance to play NFL football i would have cried if i got drafted by or traded to the Cowboys.

Well, I'm not qualified either - but BG has not closed this threat so maybe he is looking for more questions :) So here goes:

1. Some of us on this site think that you can learn better this year by holding the clip board. I usually listem to Sony broadcasting Skins game, and he always said "the only place to learn is behind the center". What is YOUR opion on this matter given where you are at this stage of your career?

2. It looks to me that coach Spurrier's offense requires tremendous responsibilities on the QB with all the pre-snap readings and adjustments from huddle to the line. Joe Gibbs also said that the smartest person on his team has to be the QB (then H-Back). Can you give us some key differences between the requirements for the QB between these two systems?

Good luck and I'm pushing to see you play this year.

--edit: typos--

Thanks BG for doing this. This is very cool.

My question to Patrick is if he and the wife are ever going to plan on coming up here on a cruise, and if so could they let me know? I live in one of the port towns (actually Juneau is the state capital and a major cruise destination) ... and it would absolutely rock my socks if I were able to meet him and his wife. It'd be neat too if they'd bring you too BG. :D

Thanks,

R4L

Archived