Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official #11 Question Thread

bayougator

Is sitting and waiting to be drafted a scarey thing?

It has got to, I mean your just sitting around waiting for some one else to deside how you are going to spend the next 4 or 5 years of your life!

first, thanks for taking the time, i'm not a 300 poster yet, but i'd still really like to know how it reflects on you, a qb, to watch gibbs draft young oline support and give you depth there when he could have gone other routes with those late picks. thanks for the time.

Originally posted by KBNJ

Pat: First of all thanks for your time here... We all love ya and know that you are OUR QB!

I wanted to know how difficult it was to play for Spurrier knowing that the entire world was criticizing his protection scheme and almost knowing that you were subject to taking a beating at any time?

More specifically, were there any arguments, questions, demands made of the coaching staff by yourself or others during last season in regards to improving the scheme, or was it the coaching staff just blaming the Offensive Line?

I asked Jon (Jansen) this question while Steve was still the coach and he gracefully denied to comment.

Anyway thanks again for taking time with your fans - We REALLY Appreciate it!!

Kevin Bell

NJ

(guys I know you are reserving this for 300+ posters but just because I don't thinks its fair. I mean we are ALL fans here.)

You've been quoted by someone with over 300+ posts because I thought it was a good question. Maybe you'll have a better chance of it being answered now.

Patrick,

1) Are you planning on attending Peyton's camp this year? Can you give some info on it such as : What types of things are covered there? How long does it run? etc. etc.

2) Feel free to disreguard this if it's to personal but what are your feeling on autographs? More specifly, do you subcribe to the school of thought that if someone sent you a S.A.S.E. & an item to sign would you be willing to accomadate them ala Sammy Baugh?

BG,

That place up the road from me is still open. You still planning on coming back to town this summer? :hungry:

Just a couple of questions for The Man:

-In your career, what's the best game you've ever played - the one you're proudest of?

-At Tulane, you ran a pass-heavy offense. In Washington, you've only run a pass-heavy offense thus far (and we all know that will change). Would you prefer a chance to run an offense where the ball isn't in your hands as much, or do you naturally prefer a system where you're throwing 30+ times a game?

-I could guess, but I might as well ask: Super Black Eagle, M1 Field, or Montefeltro?

We fans really appreciate this. Thanks so much.

BD

Very Simple:

Patrick after your contract is up WHERE do you want to play?

What if anything have you learned form Brunell that you think can take you to that next level?

If you don't want to answer the first I understand.

Good luck this season :cheers:

Patrick & BG,

Thank you for your time ... especially while you are on break between OTA's and training camp and are trying to just relax and get a well deserved break!

Please share with this site what a typical schedule with Gibbs is like ... how many coaches do you work with (Gibbs, Jack Burns, Joe Bugel, or any others?), how many hours practicing, how many studying. Also, please go into depth on what is involved in studying ... do you watch hours and hours of game film of teams you will face this year based on last year's games or do you focus more on watching your self and how you performed? What kind of allocation of time is spent between the two. Finally, what kind of allocation of time is spent between studying the playbook and learning to make the proper reads in this offense versus studying film of opponents or your own prior efforts?

Thank you! & God bless on a great upcoming season!

Patrick, BG thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer our questions.

All of us here, admire and look up to you for the guts you displayed last year.

Patrick, do you feel more comfortable in the Shotgun or behind center? since coach Gibbs isn't known for using the shotgun. Do you see yourself, working on your footwork in preparation, for more behind center snaps?

Patrick, from the little that we have seen from the mini camps it seems the team chemistry is really growing. I was just wondering from your - a player's - perspective...is what we're seeing right? How is the chemistry on the team? (Among each other and in the relationships with the coaches)

And how does is it compare to last year?

*i second skins24 question about team chemistry.

*besides Jansen, who are your boyz on the team? you guys going hunting with Raymer?

*alot of us are rooting for you to be the starter Ram, myself included, but how do you think you would handle being delegated to backup qb if the situation arises. especially if preseason performance is neck and neck. Are you at the point where you trust in coach Gibbs?

*how do you like having a running game for a change? :cheers:

Just like to echo the sentiments of the fellow extremeskins members...Thanks and Godbess! Goodluck Man!!!

Expanding on X-Factors question a bit, does it seem that the personnel held over from Spurrier's squad are taking to Gibbs system and buying in?

It seems that, while Gibbs loves to run the ball, he has been known to "chuck it deep" as well. Spurrier set the team up with some very good Wide Receivers, at least in this fan's humble opinion. How do they feel about the new system? Are there similarities or are guys just looking at it as a whole new system that needs to be taken one play at a time?

Patrick, you are the man! Thanks for doing this and for your surprise visit.

PS- not to get personal, but read a Post article that mentioned your dogs name. Funny that my dog has the same name. He's 7 now and was named somewhat after ol' #12 who played for the Skins back then.....

Err-- just thought I'd mention that :laugh:

Thank you so much for this oppurtunity.

Patrick I was wondering if you could give your impressions of Sean Taylor, and how he is in pass coverage. We've heard a lot about his ability to run sideline to sideline, and his coverage skills. I was wondering if you could tell us how Taylor ranks against some of the other safteys and DB's you've faced (Pro and College)

Thanks so much for your time.

Hail to the Redskins....

Bayou and Pat,

I don't really have a question to ask at this point (all of the ones I thought to ask have been touched on by now :) ).

I just wanted to express my gratitude that you care enough about the fans here in Washington to take time to answer our questions on a fan site like this. We all realise this is well beyond the call of duty for you.

Hopefully, the arrival of a hall of fame coach like Gibbs will allow the current players to understand the purity of what brought many of us into the fold as fans. The Redskins mean the world to me as a fan, and to have someone like yourself that plays with heart as you did last year under such duress, was inspirational to say the least. I hope the coming years will allow you to understand how special it is to be a Redskin - just as those before you (like Sonny Jurgensen, Joe Thiesmann, John Riggins, Art Monk, and many others) have.

My biggest wish is for you to be able to experience it for years to come. Again, thanks for answering our questions and good luck in the upcoming season!:dallasuck

First off, I'd like to thank Patrick and Bayou for their time and nice gesture. It's greatly appreciated.

Question:

124 wins and 60 losses overall in the regular season. 16 wins and 5 losses in the playoffs. 4 Super Bowl appearances and 3 Super Bowl wins in 12 seasons as a head coach. A career .683 winning percentage. The overall coaching stats of Joe Gibbs are in a league of their own to say the least.

Regardless of how Coach Gibbs' second tenure with the Skins turns out in terms of success, nobody will ever question his status as one of the greatest coaches ever. With that being said, do you personally (or the team on a whole) feel as though there is an added sense of pressure/duty to help preserve the legacy that Coach Gibbs has established? From a player's standpoint, does the added pressure to win that comes along with having a coach of Joe's status stem from a fear of possibly tarnishing his image?

Thanks to Extremeskins & The Ramsey Family.

2 Simple Questions:

1) Standing on the goal line - how far could you launch the ball in the air?

2) Has anyone in the Pro's/College ever used the radar gun (as they do in baseball) to see the speed of your passes? Just curious because you do have one of the best arms in the league. Thanks for your time.

Thank you Pat & BayouGator.

Patrick, When Coles first started with the Redskins he said it would possibly take a season and a half(maybe less, maybe more) to build that "automatic" timing and trust with his QB. With that said, do you feel going into this year's training camp that you and Coles and the other WRs have timings down more precise and automatic then a year ago? Also, what are some of the biggest differences this season and last season(probably been asked a hundred times).

Good luck, and I will be at the San Francisco game, cheering for you guys.

-NoCalMike

P.S. There are tons of Redskins fans out here in CA, we can't wait till you guys beat the tar out of the 49ers~!

Don't have 300+ posts, but I have been posting here since before the end of last season...so anyway, def. not just here for this...but I do have a question.

First off, thank you guys for doing this. Bayougator, thanks so much for the time and effor. It's great to be able to intereact with the players from your favorite team and get some feedback from them!

Patrick: Speak if you will about the level of enery at FedEx (crowd) over the last 2 seasons. How important is it? Do you see this season being more engerized at FedEx? What other team has the loudest most energized crowd? How hard does that make it to play there?

Thanks for your time!

Hail to the Redskins!

Along the lines of team chemistry, how would you access the

the demeanor of the team? With the constant turnover in the roster, how long does it take to develop a strong rapport with

your new teammates? Is there much interaction between the

offensive and defensive players?

Between you and your brother, who is the master of the grill?

(or the Emeril in your family)

Originally posted by CTaylor42

Patrick, do you feel more comfortable in the Shotgun or behind center? since coach Gibbs isn't known for using the shotgun. Do you see yourself, working on your footwork in preparation, for more behind center snaps?

I like this question amd I thought I would expand a little in the same line of thought:

Gibbs has been known to use a "rolling pocket". Have you had to practice this much yet and how does it change any philosophies/techniques you've learned in the past which seemed to keep you in the pocket for as long as possible. Do you feel that this will help you're game or hindicap you by having to learn a new philosophy.

Ok, here goes... hopefully there isn't too much overlap with some of the previous questions. They are somewhat similar to ones that PCS and DH posted, but the breakdown question is more general than the ones PCS posed, and the offensive system comparison question is more specific than DH's.

We spent some time on the board discussing the philosophies of the Fun 'n Gun offense while Spurrier was in town, in order to better understand various matchups, figure out what SOS was trying to accomplish during the game, and overall, just allow some of us to have a more in depth understanding of the a game, and be able to better follow the action on a given play. So given that...

It's been said that the Fun 'n Gun is somewhat different from other Pro offenses in that it involved on the fly route adjustments by the WRs, requiring both the QB and WR to react to the look shown by the D, and generally putting you guys in a reactive posture. Conversely it seems that Joe Gibbs' offense is far more proactive, and the extensive use of motion and a multitude of personnel packages is intended to force the defense to react in a certain way based on what Joe is trying to accomplish. Would you say this is a fair characterization, or are we making too much of what little we knew of the Fun 'n Gun?

On a far more general level, but keeping with the previously mentioned goal of improving our understanding of the game, I was wondering if you had some advice on what to pay attention to when we're watching the game on TV, specifically before the start of any given play. What should we be keeping our eyes on in terms of movements by the offense or defense that might tip us off, or give us a better understanding of what the team is trying to accomplish? Please keep in mind I would never ask anyone to give up any "inside" knowledge, or anything specific to the Redskins at all. I guess I'm really just asking for tips on how to break down game footage at a basic level, for those of us who haven't participated in high level football and haven't had the opportunity to sit in the film room with the OC or QB coach and be shown what to look for.

Thanks for sharing your time with us.

Patrick, as a competitor I am sure you want to start. Has the new coaching staff discussed with you any of your "weaknesses" that they wish to improve upon, ie. reading defenses, moving in the pocket, releasing the ball quicker, etc.? What about Brunell's perceived weaknesses?

Thanks so much.

Bayou and Pat: Thank you for your time. I'm a longtime Skins fan and I believe you'll be the starter at the start of this season.(Because I recently bought your jersey :silly: ) .

I know that much of your offseason was spent recuperating from surgery and trying to recover your lost conditioning from being injured.

My question is : What kind of workout regimine are you on in a typical offseason? Are you basically doing alot of cardio and high rep weight lifting or low reps(building strength/mass)?

Also, do the trainers put you on a special diet or do they leave that up to you as long as you show up in shape?

Thanks once again for the opportunity to get a peek inside my favorite team.

Archived