Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Mexican UFO sighting

TheDane

:paranoid:

For any UFO buffs out there, check out this CNN article.

-----

Mexican Air Force pilots film UFOs

'We are not alone! This is so weird'

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/05/11/mexico.ufos.ap/index.html

story.ufos.ap.jpg

Wednesday, May 12, 2004 Posted: 7:26 AM EDT (1126 GMT)

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (AP) -- Mexican Air Force pilots filmed 11 unidentified flying objects in the skies over southern Campeche state, a Defense Department spokesman confirmed Tuesday.

A videotape made widely available to the news media on Tuesday shows the bright objects, some sharp points of light and others like large headlights, moving rapidly in what appears to be a late-evening sky.

The lights were filmed on March 5 by pilots using infrared equipment. They appeared to be flying at an altitude of about 3,500 meters (11,480 feet), and allegedly surrounded the Air Force jet as it conducted routine anti-drug trafficking vigilance in Campeche. Only three of the objects showed up on the plane's radar.

"Was I afraid? Yes. A little afraid because we were facing something that had never happened before," said radar operator Lt. German Marin in a taped interview made public Tuesday.

"I couldn't say what it was ... but I think they're completely real," added Lt. Mario Adrian Vazquez, the infrared equipment operator. Vazquez insisted that there was no way to alter the recorded images.

The plane's captain, Maj. Magdaleno Castanon, said the military jets chased the lights "and I believe they could feel we were pursuing them."

When the jets stopped following the objects, they disappeared, he said.

A Defense Department spokesman confirmed Tuesday that the videotape was filmed by members of the Mexican Air Force. The spokesman declined to comment further and spoke on customary condition of anonymity.

The video was first aired on national television Monday night then again at a news conference Tuesday by Jaime Maussan, a Mexican investigator who has dedicated the past 10 years to studying UFOs.

"This is historic news," Maussan told reporters. "Hundreds of videos (of UFOs) exist, but none had the backing of the armed forces of any country. ... The armed forces don't perpetuate frauds."

Maussan said Secretary of Defense Gen. Ricardo Vega Garcia gave him the video on April 22.

So, did they say whether these lights moved fast or performed impossible maneuvers?

That's what they typically say about such sightings. I'm still not sold, not saying NOTHING was there, just saying I'm not a UFO believer and it would take a bit more than this to get me to believe otherwise.

(I used to be one though, big time)

Let's say it's a natural phenomenon... what might it be? Certainly interesting.

The movie Signs.. interesting movie. I loved that scene depicting a home video of the dogs barking through a window at the large bush outside... and then suddenly that alien walking out of the bush. Cool.

One of my Marine buddies in Texas works for a covert group that investigates these sightings. He was an F-18 pilot and saw some pretty harrowing sites when he was stationed at Yuma Arizona. Spherical objects a lot like those described by Mexican citizens, often, according to him, flying in combat formations! He has friends in similiar Mexican agencies...they swear these UFO's are for real....

My buddy got what he calls convincing proof positively IDing these UFO's today...he'd be pissed if he knew I was sharing it but I think everyone needs to see what the Mexican government is hiding from you!

mexican ufo photo

Originally posted by WallyG3

Whoa, hold on here, this can't be real?

Mexico has an Air Force?

Originally posted by big z

kind of...it's just this crazy vato in a biplane, and his chihuahua, pepe.

Originally posted by fwo40

It's a pimped out low riding crop duster...

And the landing gear has 22"s

And they're spinning.

:silly:

Originally posted by Tarhog

One of my Marine buddies in Texas works for a covert group that investigates these sightings. He was an F-18 pilot and saw some pretty harrowing sites when he was stationed at Yuma Arizona. Spherical objects a lot like those described by Mexican citizens, often, according to him, flying in combat formations! He has friends in similiar Mexican agencies...they swear these UFO's are for real....

My buddy got what he calls convincing proof positively IDing these UFO's today...he'd be pissed if he knew I was sharing it but I think everyone needs to see what the Mexican government is hiding from you!

mexican ufo photo

Tarhog, a lot of the sightings in the Arizona/New Mexico/Nevada area can be attributed to Area 51 and Vandenburgh AFB. Lockheed Martin uses Vandenburgh as its airfield for Skunk Works (top secret) planes.

I do believe in extraterrestrial life, and I do think there are UFO's, it's just that the majority of them are bogus claims which conspiracy theorists take as gospel.

BTW, like the taco photo :)

We've had some great threads in the past on the possibility of extra-terrestrial life....I'm a skeptic, but like most, would love to be proved wrong....

I've always figured, if they were out there, they'd have better things to do than fly around the skies of Guadalahara looking for people to 'probe' ;)

You should see the flying burritos. :D

To be honest, I find this a welcome diversion from the rest of Tailgate these days! We could all do with a break from discussing war, death, and politics.

We've had some great threads in the past on the possibility of extra-terrestrial life....I'm a skeptic, but like most, would love to be proved wrong....

I've always figured, if they were out there, they'd have better things to do than fly around the skies of Guadalahara looking for people to 'probe' ;)

To be honest, I find this a welcome diversion from the rest of Tailgate these days! We could all do with a break from discussing war, death, and politics.

Better not post too many pics of tacos Tarhog or Wacky Ralph may return.

:applause:

It's been disheartening to say the least these past couple of days, but we'll prevail.

Then we'll go find those little green men :silly:

Why do people assume aliens would have peaceful intentions. Just look at Europeans, Mongols, Maori, Chinese, Japanese, etc, etc---civilizations that have a significant advantage in warfare or technology over an indigenous people have not shown themselves to be able to resist taking land and marginalizing or enslaving those whom they find.

I'd be kind of scared if aliens landed on the White House lawn, because I'm not sure we could trust them and their tech would be so far ahead of ours, they would likely be an unstoppable force.

Archived