Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Edited title) WP: Redskins' Taylor Is in the Market For a New Agent

vegeta613

Taylor, who could not be reached to comment, is now free to sign with another agent, raising the possibility he could choose Carl and Kevin Poston of Professional Sports Planning.

Nice speculation there Numb Nuts. Aren't you a sports reporter not a sports speculater?

:dunce:

Wow, this is totally weird. Why would he fire him in so lil time? It makes no sense.

Maybe he wanted to be picked by the Browns at 4, to get more $$ and he's taking it out on him? It has been said that Gmen were talking to the Browns and if they could have moved up, they would have taken him not K2.

Eh, nm that makes no sense...

I had lots of respect for Sean Taylor. If he chooses Poston, it shows he's just as bad as KW2. Actually, if it turns out that he planned this all along, then that would make him worse than KW2.

wow....if he signs the postons....what will all the Taylor backers who stated that Winslow was out for the same reason say? will there be a special exemption for Taylor? let's all hope he isn't dumb enough to poison the waters this early in his career.

If it was a plot, it would be worse. It would be false advertising and I would expect the negotiation to be even more acrimonious than it would otherwise. It would be a clever move on the Postons and Taylor's part, but clearly a scru you move to Snyder and the Redskins.

Wow... this is something...

We don't know that it's the Poston's yet. There's about as much a chance I could be his agent, so let's just wait and see.

However... if he does choose the Poston's, I'd push for a trade without hesitation. Nothing is worth that, especially when it could almost be considered fraud, especially if the Poston's were a factor is skipping over Winslow.

Nick

Originally posted by ntotoro

However... if he does choose the Poston's, I'd push for a trade without hesitation. Nothing is worth that, especially when it could almost be considered fraud, especially if the Poston's were a factor is skipping over Winslow.

Nick

You would give up on the top rated safety coming out of college in almost forever, because he signed a difficult agent? :doh:

No top player is worth losing over his agent, that is ridiculous.

Too many people make too big a deal out of agents and their control over the players they sign. Bottom Line is the players call the shots, and make the final call... not the agent. If Poston players start losing money, and the Poston's keep bungling negotiations, they won't be NFL agents much longer. Players will start dropping them, as fast as they can.

Originally posted by bubba9497

You would give up on the top rated safety coming out of college in almost forever, because he signed a difficult agent? :doh:

Too many people make too big a deal out of agents and their control over the players they sign. Bottom Line is the players call the shots, and make the final call... not the agent. If Poston players start losing money, and the Poston's keep bungling negotiations, they won't be NFL agents much longer. Players will start dropping them, as fast as they can.

Exactly, you can't let somebody just walk b/c their agent might be a pain. First, we have no idea who his new agent will be...Poston is a name thrown around like Redskin in every football rumor to simply stoke the fire. Let's not worry about the "dreaded Postons" til they actually represent Taylor.

And if they wind up doing it, then we let the front office handle it. Poston may be a jacka$$ but I think he understands that the Redskins have both deep pockets and little patience. If he screws this deal up...as an agent around the league his credibility would suffer greatly. This was the same arguement people in favor of Winslow were using....Poston needs to get some deals done w/o too much garabage to repair any kind of credibilty.

First we were all panicking over draft day trade rumors...now over possible agent choices? This tells me one thing: The offseason is too long......

My opinion, and just my opinion, is that this becomes an ethical decision more than anything else. I'd feel I was sold a different bill of goods that I wound up getting. This is, of course, a$$/u/ming the FO considered the Postons as a reason for overlooking Winslow. We don't know that for a fact and they say otherwise, who who knows... I don't.

I realize there is only a certain amount of damage the agent can do in a rookie contract, but I don't want to see any struggle and I don't want to see any holdout. This can happen with any agent, but I also don't want to see a player cause the grief we have seen with Lavar's situation when it comes time to re-sign.

We thought the Postons would clean up their game a bit in regards to Winslow, then they came out and said the Jets would have taken him #1 overall. Are they gonna' get #1 money for him? Of course not, but they also just set up the Browns to feel they stole something if they give up less somewhat than #1 money.

The bottom line, though, is we still don't know what's going to happen. If Nunyo is being Nunyo, he probably got Sean Taylor and James Taylor mixed up, anyway.

Nick

You're right. I wouldn't let him go just because of a difficult agent.

But I think you're wrong about players dropping them. They just lost LaVar $6.5 million and yet they had three players in the frist round this year, so I think you're giving the players more credit than they've earned.

Originally posted by HokieSkinsFan

Poor reporting on Nunyo's part. He just throws that bit about the Postons in there and doesn't explain why he mentioned them.

I agree 100%. He gave no back up to the argument that Taylor would hire the Postons. I mean, its not like the only agents in the NFL are the postong rosenthous and the other guys. THere are many guys he can hire.

I didnt know it would take one sentence in a 5 paragraph article to get this board in such a stir. I mean, we just drafted who some on this board were calling the best safety in 10 years. Lets give him a break, and not act like he's some dumb rookie walk on.

I think it's really just irresponsible conjecture on Nunyo's part that Taylor will hire the Postons. There's no basis for that claim. Taylor is free to hire any agent at this point, and I see no reason why he would get off on a bad foot with the team by shifting to the only agent team publicly known as being on our s--tlist.

BD

Originally posted by bnacpa

I really hope that this isn't Arrington's influence on him over the past week. If it is, then the Postons get the last laugh :(

Maybe. Maybe not. If Taylor hires the Postons, and holds out. If I were the Skins, i'd fine him everyday he misses in camp. The 5th draft position is "slotted." The pay must be comparable to last year. Not much "wiggle room" for Taylor. I would offer Taylor an "incentive based" contract based on games started, total snaps, int's,.....etc. If he "holds out," i'll start Iffy and Bowen. Thus affecting Taylor's playing time incentives. The "Last Laugh" belongs to the person signing the checks maybe?:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :2cents:

I wouldn't worry about this until he holds out... I don't think he's going to no matter who the agents, so take a deep breath and wait this one out guys... Dr. KDawg's diagnosis is that all will be okay...

:cheers:

Originally posted by HokieSkinsFan

Poor reporting on Nunyo's part. He just throws that bit about the Postons in there and doesn't explain why he mentioned them.

Exactly.

People seem to be overlooking this fact. The article doesn't even say that Taylor is even thinking about the Postons...

Archived