Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor, completely unsubstantiated, from Redskins Park.

Art

From time to time I get a little nugget of possible news from people who have substantially more access to the Redskins than I do. Often times it turns out to be false. Often times it turns out to be more of a media related possibility than a team one. Every so often it even comes true.

So, for what it's worth, the Bryan Johnson situation is said to be one that is worth close watching for those interested in knowing what we want to do in the draft. It has been said that if the Redskins keep Johnson, the intention would be to make him the H-Back and likely turn all attention to Taylor as the draft pick. If the team doesn't match for Johnson, Winslow moves back to the fore.

Within the Taylor possibility here is a trade down. Within the Winslow possibility is no mention of a trade down. It is said that some within Redskins Park -- not coaches necessarily -- think Winslow is a can't miss prospect. The rumor even said the HIGHEST level of the organization (Snyder) likes Winslow more than anyone else as it's been heard straight from the horse's mouth.

I do not know what weight to place on any of this. A lot of times I hear a rumor that is four or five people removed by the time it reaches me. Sometimes I hear them that are a lot closer to things.

Anyway, just passing along something possibly quite meaningless. Or something quite interesting. Who knows.

Very interesting tid bit Art, thanks!

I think KW2's stock is rising w/ the 'skins because of Taylor's poor workout. Poor might be a strong word, so let's say less than stellar. I think you might have hit the nail on the head. I also think it has everything to do w/ how the view Rock. If they think of Rock as a real FB, then Johnson might be more expendable too.

Another thing that appears pretty true is that Gibbs promised his guys he'd know them very well when they met. That he could tell who a guy was just from how he walked. This, obviously, from close film study. We all have heard about how much film these guys are watching. But, it hasn't stopped since we've slowed in free agency. The coaching staff rarely comes out for air so intently they are studying film.

This, obviously, from close film study. We all have heard about how much film these guys are watching. But, it hasn't stopped since we've slowed in free agency. The coaching staff rarely comes out for air so intently they are studying film.

This is what people have said about Gibbs. He'll outwork you. It's refreshing to know that we won't be underprepared going into 04. *cough*Spurrier*cough*

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

Well, by dumping Larry Moore, we now have plenty of room to match BJ and do a few other things.

Hopefully, KW2 signs with Potson and I don't even have to worry about this debate. :cheers:

Cutting L. Moore was probably done on part of fear that McCants would get offered a deal by the Ravens. IMO

I think this is a fully plausible read on how things are seen at the park right NOW. There still is some time to go however before the draft. I think what happens with McCants is important as is the situation with Iffy. And as stated - Bryan Johnson. I think the upcoming mini-camp will also go a long to giving the coaches a much better idea of what they have now and what they need to get. In, for example, Chamberlain or Mike Sellers or someone else really stands out at te, that could alter the equation. If Trung just strikes the team badly, they might cut him, giving them more cap room to do something else.

In the end, given the almost unprecedented number of teams that seem to be contemplating trading up or down, I don't think the Skins will be more than 75% sure about what they'll do until draft day and more likely not even until their pick comes up and they see what other deals have been made and what offers other teams offer them.

I also think that, in the end, the Skins don't match for Johnson for a cap hit this year of $2.2 million with iffy and McCants still unsigned.

Okay, so, basically it seems that the team could be walking the fence when it comes to Johnson. Watching tape and more tape to make sure maybe. This then dovetails into the decisions for the draft. Interesting in their own right. If true, then the team seems to feel that KW2 is a gotta have 'em type of player. Not even going to ponder trade. Interesting that in the Taylor scenario the team would be willing to possibly trade down. Maybe thinking there will be teams that will be willing to part with a couple of later round picks because they believe Taylor is a gotta have 'em type player or at least they'll want the #5 pick. Also could show that Williams and company believe Saftey isn't as dire a need as many here believe.

Sigh. If anything it gives us more to talk about. :)

:cheers:

Well, by dumping Larry Moore, we now have plenty of room to match BJ and do a few other things.

Hopefully, KW2 signs with Potson and I don't even have to worry about this debate. :cheers:

Is someone worried they wont be getting Taylor?

Is someone worried they wont be getting Taylor? :tantrum:

The rumor even said the HIGHEST level of the organization (Snyder) likes Winslow more than anyone else as it's been heard straight from the horse's mouth.

And that surprises anyone? Here's Snyders reaction when he sees a chance to spend a high draft pick on a BIG name skill position: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :jerkoff:

The only way Snyder doesn't go winslow is if he gets overruled. and next year it will be a WR or CB. (or if there's a big name LB like Lavar, that might be an option.)

Have never even seen Winslow play football. Have seen his wonderlic score though.:doh: Don't want to doubt the Redskins take on him since they have the means to evaluate his skills and are in a far better position to understand his value to the team than I am.

My feeling is despite having Samuels we should grab Gallery. It makes little sense I know but I'd still find a way to make it work.

Originally posted by tex

Have never even seen Winslow play football. Have seen his wonderlic score though.:doh: Don't want to doubt the Redskins take on him since they have the means to evaluate his skills and are in a far better position to understand his value to the team than I am.

My feeling is despite having Samuels we should grab Gallery. It makes little sense I know but I'd still find a way to make it work.

So Gallery as a Christmas pesent for Clinton Portis? :rotflmao:

Art,

Maybe I misread your original post, but you said with Winslow there is no trade down possibility, but with Taylor there is? On my end, that doesn't make too much sense, is it possible that you could be a bit more clear on that?

It means that the Skins would take Winslow at #5 because they don't think he would last till later picks so they could not trade down and take him. Taylor, on the other hand, they think is sliding so will still be available at a later pick making it possible to trade down and still get him.

Originally posted by Art

I do not know what weight to place on any of this. A lot of times I hear a rumor that is four or five people removed by the time it reaches me. Sometimes I hear them that are a lot closer to things.

Anyway, just passing along something possibly quite meaningless. Or something quite interesting. Who knows.

Art I think that is very accurate. The other interesting thing is if we lose McCants then I think K2 is a lock. With Gardner most likely not coming back the following year we need someone to help out the QB and that would be K2 :cheers:

Archived