Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Apparently Hampton had 23 missed tackles last season. 😕

Apparently he was 5th in tackles in the Pac 12. The more opportunities you have the more times you may miss one.

• Like 2

Just now, KDawg said:

RAS is probably a good indicator. But… that’s until it isn’t. Crapshoot.

Well of course.

But let us pretend we can get inside the head of a GMAP for at least one draft.

He can embarrass us next year.

Remember, Peter’s said something they did in San Fran on the last day of the draft is let everyone pound the table and make a case for their guy. He mentioned really liking that, so I’m sure we’ve got that going on here too

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

Apparently he was 5th in tackles in the Pac 12. The more opportunities you have the more times you may miss one.

He would need 1000 opportunities to make 23 missed tackles not taste so bad. :)

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Apparently Hampton had 23 missed tackles last season. 😕

looks like 2 years combined

His missed tackle % rate is on the higher side by PFF metrics but nothing crazy.  Actually its average compared to the others.

He had 107 tackles which is insane for a safety.  Around the ball a lot.  When you make a ton of tackles and are around the ball a lot you will miss some.  But yeah his tackling can be erratic at times but a hard hitting tackler with a nose for the ball

Among the safeties I tracked he has the most tackles and the third best RAS

Screen Shot 2024-04-27 at 3.28.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-27 at 3.32.32 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Here are some guys I like that are left:

Mo Kamara, Edge, Col St

….

I watched every CSU home game this year, in person, and Mo Kamara looked like a man playing  against children. So did Tory Horton but he decided to stay for another year. 

Edited by Stadium-Armory

Hampton is the first real "meh" pick for me (are Forest's days numbered?), but I do know he's the type of player that DQ/Whitt Jr. have a plan and philosophy for, provided he compete for significant playing time. 

11 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Whoa

Also #1 in tackles among the safeties

His missed tackle % rate which factors how many tackles he misses versus how many tackles he makes is fairly average among these safeties.

It's clear Quinn isn't kidding when he said he wants dudes who are ballers and are all over the offense.  Hampton fits that to a tee.

• Like 9

I don’t know much about anything which always makes the draft more pleasant to watch, but if I were Penix Jr. I’d be pissed. He’s already aging out and now he’s supposed to sit behind Cousins for 2 more seasons. He was supposed to be plug n play. I guess the 8th pick money will help. I think I know what the convo was between Cousins and Penix and why they kept it to themselves.

Long wait people before the next pick in the 7th but we get an early jump after the 2nd pick in the 7th to start calling UDFA and start signing them.  :) 

Just watched the first quarter of the National Championship game with an eye on Hampton. It’s an absolute bloodbath for our man 😂

The traits they like are easy to see. Explosive mover, high (almost frenetic) energy, doesn’t give you much room to breathe. But dear God, that was one undisciplined safety. He was like a kid who ate too much candy at lunch and just couldn’t sit still in his chair.

Let’s watch more, hoping he settles down.

Edited by e16bball
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, mac8887 said:

Im thinking we might take a qb in the 7th, Leary had a pretty good combine, and I like Jordan Travis being able to run whatever offense we install for Jayden.

I think I would take Milton if we are going to take another one. Has all the tools. Needs years of coaching to get it out of him imo. 

• Like 1

Just now, e16bball said:

Just watched the first quarter of the National Championship game with an eye on Hampton. It’s an absolute bloodbath for our man 😂

The traits they like are easy to see. But dear God, that is one undisciplined safety. 

I noticed that alien/freak OT you took in the 7th went in the 3rd or 4th. Nice job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

The traits they like are easy to see. But dear God, that is one undisciplined safety. 

Percy Butler 2.0!

Dominique Hampton IMO isn't a meh pick for a 5th rounder.

He led the #2 guy in tackles in this safety group by almost 20 tackles.   He's 3rd in RAS.  Plays with gusto.

What got me to watch him ironically weeks ago was Logan Paulsen doing a draft podcast on safeties and he mentioned if he thought of a safety who was in that Quinn mold it would be this guy.  When I watched him, I agreed.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1