Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If I had to pick a spot that is too loaded left to skip its edge.

My favorite left is Austin Booker.  But I also dig Solomon, X. Thomas. M. Kamara, Brennan Jackson.  C. Johnson not bad either.  

I like Booker, but He's been moving up Draft boards and I doubt he makes to tour pick in 5th.

I could be wrong.

Just now, sinews said:

I believe Keim and someone else (Spielman maybe, it was more speculative from him) both said don't be surprised if an Edge is taken at some point. I'm expecting it. 

It's not that I think its the best draft for the position but so many are left.  I've watched this position more than some of the others.  Good toolsy players left.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My favorite left is Austin Booker.  But I also dig Solomon, X. Thomas. M. Kamara, Brennan Jackson.  C. Johnson not bad either.  

Mine too. Zierlein comped him to Crosby. I don’t care for another rotational guy who needs to win via stunts and long developing plays. Need a guy who can win quick. If Booker became a poor man’s Josh Uche, that’d be a win in the 5th

• Like 1

I had Sinnott and Sainristil at 58 and 59 on my own board.  Just going off that board, we pretty much got them at slot, or after a tiny reach that isn't meaningful this late in the class.

The problem for me is Kingsley Suamataia was still on the board at both picks, and I had him way higher on my personal board, and he fit a really big roster need too.  I like both Sinnott and Sainristil, but I would have sacrificed one of those two in order to get Kingsley.

The caveat is maybe there were character concerns with Kingsley we didn't know about.  It would take something more than homesickness for me to move off him, but maybe there were work ethic concerns.  If so, then I am fine with both Sinnott and Sainristil over him.  But if that's not the case and he pans out big in KC, then passing over him will haunt us unless both Sainristil and Sinnott are big time hits too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Veretax said:

Now Some of the late round DTs I thought woudl go went last night, any chance we take a 2nd dept DT?

Surely not right?

I think almost everything is on the table except long snapper. Good thing Peter’s already got one so he can resist the allure.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agreed. I’m feeling Edge and OL. I am a Foster fan as well. Maybe we’ll grab him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

TE still looks good to me. Stover and McClahlan in the 5th would entice me.  Kliff likes 12 personnel sets.  So more TEs wouldn't feel redundant,.

As for O line the dude I'd pound the table for is Javon Foster

Foster is worth trading up for IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

I had Sinnott and Sainristil at 58 and 59 on my own board.  Just going off that board, we pretty much got them at slot, or after a tiny reach that isn't meaningful this late in the class.

The problem for me is Kingsley Suamataia was still on the board at both picks, and I had him way higher on my personal board, and he fit a really big roster need too.  I like both Sinnott and Sainristil, but I would have sacrificed one of those two in order to get Kingsley.

The caveat is maybe there were character concerns with Kingsley we didn't know about.  It would take something more than homesickness for me to move off him, but maybe there were work ethic concerns.  If so, then I am fine with both Sinnott and Sainristil over him.  But if that's not the case and he pans out big in KC, then passing over him will haunt us unless both Sainristil and Sinnott are big time hits too.

I felt this way with Paul. It is basic math. 

A solid left tackle on the open market would make $20M a year. A great slot corner makes $5M a year.

Assuming Sainristil becomes a top 3 slot corner, he is worth $5M a year. If there is a > 25% chance Paul can become a solid LT, his value will have exceeded Sainristil’s

• Thumb up 1

Just now, method man said:

Mine too. Zierlein comped him to Crosby. I don’t care for another rotational guy who needs to win via stunts and long developing plays. Need a guy who can win quick. If Booker became a poor man’s Josh Uche, that’d be a win in the 5th

Booker to me is the king DE of the twitcy type edges left.

Learning a bit about Quinn's schemes -- he can scheme it up with undersized, slippery, twitchy -- high motor types.

Kamara, Solomon, X. Thomas, Jean-Bapitise, Harrell in that style too but IMO Booker is the best of that lot.  But if he's gone i like those others guys.  Plenty of roll the dice edges still on the board.  Last year though a big run happened at edge in the 4th will see if it happens this year

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, method man said:

This “Peters killed it by passing on a tackle” narrative is groupthink homer talk. Look at the organizations who picked up those tackles. Paul to the Fins, Suataiama to the Chiefs and Rosengarten to the Ravens. All dumb orgs right?

It was absolutely worth it taking one of those guys at 50 or 53. If one of those guys becomes even a Bolles level left tackle, he is not seeing FA for 10 years. It was absolutely worth taking that gamble over drafting a slot corner.  You want to go bring in a great slot corner? Go sign a guy for a $5M-$6M AAV. That is what Mike Hilton is getting paid.

For those of you arguing that the answer is Coleman, there was clearly a separation between the 3 guys I cited and Coleman

Pretty insulting. Maybe people just disagree with you about how the board fell.

IMG_2842.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I did have Kingsley as a late second early 3rd before the Sinnott Pick.  The run on O in first round is not something I can fully account for, and it makes me wonder how much of drafting is noticing trends and joining, or going against trends to get values.

And tehre goes Theo Johnson, another of the TEs that supposedly we were high on at the combine.

That leaves Bell I think.

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Foster is worth trading up for IMO

Don't know if I'd trade up. 

But I like him a lot more than mock drafters.  This round feels right to me for him.  To me he looks more like a RT than LT but that's OK.  He doesn't have the length to play LT. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Booker to me is the king DE of the twitcy type edges left.

Learning a bit about Quinn's schemes -- he can scheme it up with undersized, slippery, twitchy -- high motor types.

Kamara, Solomon, X. Thomas, Jean-Bapitise, Harrell in that style too but IMO Booker is the best of that lot.  But if he's gone i like those others guys.  Plenty of roll the dice edges still on the board.  Last year though a big run happened at edge in the 4th will see if it happens this year

I like Kamara too. He is a dawg. Solomon is intriguing as a small school guy

Just to kill time: would anyone be in favor of trading a 2 or 3 for decent value in the fourth rnd if there are guys there they really like? 

This draft is touted as being deep in reasonable level talent all the down to the end of the fifth rnd and next year is being predicted as notably less so overall (this is what I heard numerous times by media).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Extremely high upside but obviously developmental at this point and most likely not starting the season. I'm concerned about o-line as the next but I think there's a lot of potential here. 

As I've said elsewhere–please, Bobby Johnson, earn that paycheck! 

• Like 1