Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

I haven't heard a lot of people talking about Mitchell the WR from Texas.  I feel like he's a little underrated and should be available for us in the 2nd....I know OT is a big need but anyone that's available for our first pick in the 2nd feels like a reach to me. I would be happy with Mitchell or Kool-Aid with that early 2nd round pick

Just now, fwo40 said:

Not that this will allay fears - but I like TCU's Coleman (if he falls to 3rd and Wyoming's Crum as 4th-6th rd picks.

Coleman is ok but I think Fisher should be the pick at #36 if available and then the other two I mentioned in an earlier post.  I think we have to address OT with our next pick.  

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I don't think we're in the part of our team building phase where we want to take on a contract like Aiyuk's. We're better off drafting someone younger and cheaper. Plenty of good WR options at 36 and/or 40.

Indeed.

I like our 3rds for scooping up dropped talent, but technically 67+78 should be enough value to move back to like 46ish.  Could hypothetically go 36/40/46.  That's something I'd consider if like, Cooper/Kool-Aid is still there at 36 and you grab them, and then get your WR at 40, and then want to ensure you get the OT you definitely want.

Would feel better about something with 100 in the mix.  78+100 gets you back to 60 too, so a chance to scoop up a faller later in the 2nd too.  67+100 gets you to 55 too.

• Like 1

Lots of talent has slipped to the 2nd round. Take BPA and get the best players, that's what winning teams do.  The upgrades at C and LG (not a great player but the previous LGs were terrible) is already going to make this OL significantly better.  We don't talk enough about how important a center is to protection and we went from really bad to really good there.  

I also believe people are sleeping on Eckler and what he will give this offense.  I still see Jahan listed as a "weapon", even in this very thread.  I still don't get that, I see a rookie WR taken early this evening as a possible starter over Jahan.   .  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Potential day 2 options from the 30 visits….

Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale 

Austin Booker, DE/Edge, Kansas 

Chris Braswell, DE/Edge, Alabama 

Brandon Coleman, OT/OG, TCU 

Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 

Marshawn Kneeland, DE/Edge, Western Michigan 

Roger Rosengarten, OT, Washington 

Ja’Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas 

Caedan Wallace, OT Penn State 

Question for anyone that feels knowledgeable enough to answer it.

Out of the players listed above, who would be in your top 4 or 5 for us at 36/40?

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

The draft never goes exactly as forecast but most of us assumed that the top tier OTs would be picked clean before the Commanders' next pick at 36.  It is what it is.  The good news is that there are some OTs still available, plenty of WRs and CBs.

2nd Round Options - a few will be gone before 36, or selected by other teams at 37-39

OT - Kinglsley Suamataia

- Patrick Paul

- Blake Fisher

- Kiran Amegadjie 

WR - Adonai Mitchell

- Keon Coleman

- Ladd McConkey

- Troy Franklin

CB -  Cooper DeJean

- Kool-Aid McKinstry

- Kamari Lassiter

- TJ Tampa

- Mike Sainristil

Pick 2 out of this list.  I think we will be fine.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Question for anyone that feels knowledgeable enough to answer it.

Out of the players listed above, who would be in your top 4 or 5 for us at 36/40?

Blake Fisher?? Only because of need but that just feels like a big reach just to address a need

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for WRs, this is the list IMO of WRs that fit Daniels in some aspect.  I'd put Burton high on the list too but heard he's off some teams board based on character issues

As for Adonai am lower on him than most.  As I am lower also on Franklin.  But as I discussed with you in other posts, I don't always assume that i am right and the masses are wrong.  So I got an open mind.

As for Adonai, he's good at seperating.  Has killer speed.  Tracks the ball well.  Good at beat man-press.  Good at out routes which is what Daniels specializes in.

Screen Shot 2024-04-26 at 6.43.08 AM.png

I am with you on Ladd if he is there at 36 he is the best value. I like Wilson with are 1st. 3rd rd. pick if he is still on the board, they just fit what we need.  I think we go OL, DE with 40 or trade down and have lots of choices from 40 till the end of 4th rd. TE, LB.... there is still a couple DL players that I would give a hard look in this range. Take my shots at DB's after the 4th. No need to reach for a player even though OT is the top need at this point, the ship might have sailed on the top ones? 

• Like 1

I'd realllllllly prefer Paul with one of our 3rds.  Later the better, but I don't think he'll last to 100.  But I'd be a little sad if we used 36 or 40 on him ESPECIALLY if you've got guys like Ladd/Cooper/Newton/Mitchell/Kool-Aid out there.

Paul would be a guy who, if you're concerned he won't make it to 67, I might think of pairing 100 with like 78 to pop back into the late 2nd and snag him, or even 67+100 to get back into the 50's.  If Kingsley and Kiran go then maybe you start thinking about that but maybe wait until they go.

I kinda hope Cooper lasts until 36 because imo that feels like a gimme pick.  Clear BPA and in a position(s) of some need.  So you can feel good about it while seeing what's there at 40. 

Then if WRs are slow to come off the board you can grab OT if your 2nd rounders are there, or vice versa, and then plan to target the position with the most guys left at 40 at 67.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mhd24 said:

He was INCREDIBLE on TV.  He was doing that for every player.  ESPN should have just had him with some standard no-name host go through every pick.  

The problem is the rest of that table was insufferable 

• Like 2

Ron would be drooling at all the offensive players taken, and of course over all the athletes and good character guys left on the board. Seeing Fashanu Fuaga & Fautanu get taken in the first... means something, but what I have no idea.

I'll be the salmon and say **** taking a tackle lets load up on weapons for once.  I am not drinking the kool-aid nor fixating on a LT.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Forehead said:

Okay, I must be thinking of someone else.  Some team that had 3+ in the first and completely crapped the bed.  Definitely someone other than our WR-TE-WR 2nd round in 2008.

Vikings the year they took Cordarelle Patterson (who has since turned into a HOF level kick returner but was a massive bust for them—along with the other two 1st round picks they made that year I believe)

12 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I kinda hope Cooper lasts until 36 because imo that feels like a gimme pick.  Clear BPA and in a position(s) of some need.  So you can feel good about it while seeing what's there at 40. 

Cooper DeJean  is the slam dunk pick, I’m praying he’s there. It’s a perfect fit. Plus he gives you return value.

I know we need a OT but we CAN’T reach on a guy when a blue chip player like Cooper is there. 

Edited by seantaylor=god

I'll say this, I have almost zero concern about finding a future starting RT (or interior, for that matter) later in the draft.  Too many names of too many guys with too much potential.  We're like 2-3 runs of 3-4 guys away from having to worry about that.

But the future projected LTs are where I'm worried.

Then again, you probably worry about that with anyone outside of Joe Alt anyway, so kinda whatever.

• Thumb up 1

Value at the top of the second is looking like CB. 

One of DeJean or McKinstry should be there. Also Cooper at LB is a nice option.

Im hoping though that we get McConkey. He can play outside but I’d use him more inside - plug him in the slot and he’s an 80+ catch a season guy.

• Like 4