Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

19 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

I think they'll hunt for a TE in the draft who can block & catch.

Eugene Shen talks about the value of TEs who can do both and thus disguise whether plays are run or pass, and how valuable that is. We need to find that guy assuming it's not Bates or Cole Turner. 

Don't forget about Armani Rogers. Our whole 2023 season went down the toilet when he was injured. 🤣

Unless the right TE was released, I think they look at TE in the 3rd round to add to to what we have.My hopes are Sinnott but my gut is they like Sanders (I don't see him lasting til the 3rd)

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I believe his nickname round these parts became Highway 57.

Shows you how bad Lavar Arrington was--Gregg Williams played this dumpster fire over him, as I recall

• Like 1

They should listen to trade offers for EVERYBODY; however, doesn't mean they should bite on said offers unless they are ones you can't refuse. You want Terry, Steeler FO? Then pony up.

On another note, is Mekhi Becton worth kicking the tires on as far as a RT possibility or swing backup for OT, G positions? Given the market at this point of free agency, could be a low risk, high reward prove it signing for them. Given he fits scheme, etc., of course.  

37 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd trade Terry for a 2nd. Happily.

I would certainly listen to offers, as others have said we should on all players. 

A 2nd would be a slight undersell for me. I wouldn’t ask a first, but I’d be saying a 2 + 4 for example, and it would have to be a higher 2 and not pick #64

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I would certainly listen to offers, as others have said we should on all players. 

A 2nd would be a slight undersell for me. I wouldn’t ask a first, but I’d be saying a 2 + 4 for example, and it would have to be a higher 2 and not pick #64

He's 15th in yards over the last 3 years with nobody else to steal catches, only made one probowl and was barely open last year.

I love TMac, but he is drastically over valued by us.

• Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He's 15th in yards over the last 3 years with nobody else to steal catches, only made one probowl and was barely open last year.

15th in yards.

With low quality quarterbacking. In a pass happy league with at least 64 starting WRs and 32 starting TEs. Considering the rarity of FBs. Maybe I should just say almost 96 starting WRs.

And you think he's overvalued 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I think Becton just isn’t that good of a player though, right? 

It's not just that he's a bad player (he is), it gets worse:

A source told Pauline that Becton “taps out a lot: he taps out of plays, taps out of games, and does not work very hard.” 

Even the ever-optimistic Robert Saleh sent a subtle shot across the sizeable Becton bow by stating in a news conference “The amount of investment that you put into your body is the amount that it’ll give back. So that’s part of the learning progression of young men. They’ve got to learn how to take care of their bodies, they’ve got to eat right, workout right, rest right, regenerate right.”

He has regressed from his rookie season in every measurable stat. He is also questioned by the coaching staff for his desire and toughness.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2023/12/6/23985084/what-do-the-new-york-jets-do-with-mekhi-becton

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MrJL said:

15th in yards.

With low quality quarterbacking. In a pass happy league with at least 64 starting WRs and 32 starting TEs. Considering the rarity of FBs. Maybe I should just say almost 96 starting WRs.

And you think he's overvalued 

I'm not trying to put TMac down at all. He's definitely worth a good 2nd.

19 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I would agree that generally he is overvalued. But I’m not personally saying he’s worth 2 x first. 

A 2 plus change, I’d consider moving him. Ideally you would want to replace him with a more than capable free agent. That ship has likely sailed this offseason. Some available, all via trade it would appear. 

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I would agree that generally he is overvalued. But I’m not personally saying he’s worth 2 x first. 

A 2 plus change, I’d consider moving him. Ideally you would want to replace him with a more than capable free agent. That ship has likely sailed this offseason. Some available, all via trade it would appear. 

I agree that his value is definitely increased with a rookie QB, nor do I want to trade him. 

Our three best players are worth a second, maybe with change.

Let's hope that changes and we get some elite players going forward.

• Like 2

not sure I’ve seen a deal with this much in per game bonuses. Wasn’t fully guaranteed as was reported I guess.

anyways I hope this is the last tweet to share regarding CY news.

What’s on people’s wishlist of guys already FAs or possible cap casualties in later waves after the draft? 

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, Stoox said:

Think they are going to start the season with Corn Lucas at LT

Every time you say “Corn Lucas” you make me think of Corn Elder, and that’s not very nice. I was set to go the rest of my life never acknowledging his existence again.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm not trying to put TMac down at all. He's definitely worth a good 2nd.

Terry . .like most other Skins players, is drastically overvalued by the fans. He is a solid Wr, but not a difference maker by any means. If we could pry Jefferson away from Min and trade Terry.. it would be a huge win for the org and the rookie QB

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, oraphus said:

Terry . .like most other Skins players, is drastically overvalued by the fans. He is a solid Wr, but not a difference maker by any means. If we could pry Jefferson away from Min and trade Terry.. it would be a huge win for the org and the rookie QB

No he is not overvalued by rhe fans.we just have a subset with a warped view that if you're not in the top 10% of the league you're nothing special.

TMac is a guy we'd put the franchise tag on if we had to. Ai as far as I'm concerned he's worth two firsts

• Like 2

I am consistently flabberghasted at how little in terms of draft compensation people get traded for.

Terry, 29 this year, maaaaaaaybe could fetch a 2nd, but I would guess a 3rd.  Especially given the depth of WR talent this draft.  You have to compare getting a 29 year old who is more expensive, but very good, to a fresh rookie who will be much cheaper but also an unknown.

I think if I were a GM the expected breakeven point would probably be in the late 2nd to mid-3rd depending on how quickly players got taken.

• Like 1

•  
10 minutes ago, oraphus said:

No he is not overvalued by rhe fans.we just have a subset with a warped view that if you're not in the top 10% of the league you're nothing special.

TMac is a guy we'd put the franchise tag on if we had to.  So as far as I'm concerned he's worth two firsts

11 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I am consistently flabberghasted at how little in terms of draft compensation people get traded for.

It why so few players are traded

The low return means we shouldn't trade him not we should accept less