Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Am I missing something?  Jonah Williams has allowed 28 sacks over the past 3 seasons, why would we even want him here?  Just curious.  

Edited by DCtoCali
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's feels good, but numbers don't add up.

It doesn't need to, that I agree on, jus saying Curtis in particular is addition by subtraction I disagree with.

Unless Terry and Dotson are who they say they are we don't really have a lot of weapons. There are some spots on the roster I don't want to die on a hill on to prevent filling it. Like LT.

Right now our front 7 looks nasty enough to make up for my concerns in the secondary. We about to do RBBC on offense, a last contract TE and our #2 receiver is 23.

Old enough to remember folks making case to draft Harrison Jr if he's there, the situation that fueled that debate from a skills position standpoint hasn't changed that much since then.

I haven't shut door in Samuels coming back because of it, he can do a lot of things that are still value while not being great at it, jus wish we could draft someone like that instead and save money.

Samuel is going to KC.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You actually thought Heinicke could play? Pretty good indication your talents lie elsewhere. 

How little you remember then. I also said do not trade for anyone and let him play so we can get a QB in the 2022 draft. That was my whole reason. Since R. Wilson was on the decline so was Carr. Said no to Garapalo and Trubs. Trading for Wetz was stupid and as you remember I was not too happy about that but you all tried to convince me he was an upgrade over TH. At the time I said yes but marginally. Guess I was right and you were wrong. It is okay to be wrong. ;) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DCtoCali said:

Am I missing something?  Jonah Williams has allowed 28 sacks over the past 3 seasons, why would we even want him here?  Just curious.  

Ask his fans on this board. A bunch of them are probably going off his first round pedigree. If no one else is available, I'd take him on a reasonable 1 year deal just to have somebody who has started a bunch of NFL games at LT and RT. Honestly, the only thing he has over a bunch of the other named options is durability and not being a team cancer

Edited by method man
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, DCtoCali said:

That was my impression of him.  I have no idea why he is rated so high.

• Like 2

This is why I was surprised they let Leno go. He was no world beater but he is a better player than Jonah Williams, more durable than Smith and Bakhtiari and not an asshole like Trent Brown. I was hoping they would just keep him around for the final year of his deal.

1 minute ago, method man said:

This is why I was surprised they let Leno go. He was no world beater but he is a better player than Jonah Williams, more durable than Smith and Bakhtiari and not an asshole like Trent Brown. I was hoping they would just keep him around for the final year of his deal.

He's just had hip surgery. Might be donezo for good

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, method man said:

I saw that and we don't know as outsiders but it seems like he'd have enough time to be ready for camp

I’ll trust the guys who employ the medical staff with access to his medical records, when it comes to that  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, DCtoCali said:

8 of that was last year alone after being asked to switch from LT to RT...

So to me that sounds good he has experience at both, my question to this is at 26 has he been getting better and how much of that was because Bengals oline as a whole jus wasn't a good unit?

He can't be worse then Wiley and right now case can be made we don't have a LT or RT...Jonah played both at Alabama (started every game he was there at one of those two).

On 3/11/2024 at 8:12 PM, method man said:

Throwing big money at Jonah Williams would've been a Cerrato move

I must admit that I was caught up in the hype on Williams and commented on him before doing my homework.  I totally agree with you,  I don't see him being worth top dollar nor do I want to see us overspend on him. Obviously he would be a great addition,  just not on some ridiculous contract.  

52 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

8 of that was last year alone after being asked to switch from LT to RT...

So to me that sounds good he has experience at both, my question to this is at 26 has he been getting better and how much of that was because Bengals oline as a whole jus wasn't a good unit?

He can't be worse then Wiley and right now case can be made we don't have a LT or RT...Jonah played both at Alabama (started every game he was there at one of those two).

that means 10 sacks each year at his preferred LT position, which mean he improved at RT

1 hour ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I must admit that I was caught up in the hype on Williams and commented on him before doing my homework.  I totally agree with you,  I don't see him being worth top dollar nor do I want to see us overspend on him. Obviously he would be a great addition,  just not on some ridiculous contract.  

I remember reading where the Bengals were very down on Jonah Williams...they likely don't want to pay him and won't mind losing him. He's a no for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, MrJL said:

that means 10 sacks each year at his preferred LT position, which mean he improved at RT

Fine by me because we don't have one.

If his ceiling is RT, that should at least be stopgap at LT...who's to say he doesn't need a change of scenery if he was that good at Alabama of all places?

And I tired to find how many sacks per year as professionals I'm struggling, I'd like to know if that "10 sacks a year" is true or hus an average while trying to find the true stats.

Context matters, how many sacks given up for Burrow backup while Burrow was injuried?

Edited by Renegade7

23 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I remember reading where the Bengals were very down on Jonah Williams...they likely don't want to pay him and won't mind losing him. He's a no for me.

I question Bengals logic of trading Mixon for a 7th round pick.

It screams cap problems and possibly impacting bringing Williams back.

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

We can find another 3rd stringer.

Who is on a rookie deal with a seasons recent starting experience and some good film (mixed in with the bad)?

Howell has value to us still. I wouldn’t move him for less than a 4th. I doubt anyone gives us that, he’s got more value to us.

Id rather have him as the backup than Mariotta tbh.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That's feels good, but numbers don't add up.

It doesn't need to, that I agree on, jus saying Curtis in particular is addition by subtraction I disagree with.

Unless Terry and Dotson are who they say they are we don't really have a lot of weapons. There are some spots on the roster I don't want to die on a hill on to prevent filling it. Like LT.

Right now our front 7 looks nasty enough to make up for my concerns in the secondary. We about to do RBBC on offense, a last contract TE and our #2 receiver is 23.

Old enough to remember folks making case to draft Harrison Jr if he's there, the situation that fueled that debate from a skills position standpoint hasn't changed that much since then.

I haven't shut door in Samuels coming back because of it, he can do a lot of things that are still value while not being great at it, jus wish we could draft someone like that instead and save money.

Samuels made 34.5 mil the last 3 years, was he worth the contract? There are WR's at the top of the 2nd/3rd rd. that are better and will be on a rookie contract. WRs are better value in the draft. 

• Like 1

Just now, skinsfan66 said:

Samuels made 34.5 mil the last 3 years, was he worth the contract? There are WR's at the top of the 2nd/3rd rd. that are better and will be on a rookie contract. WRs are better value in the draft. 

Our QB play has been trash since Curtis was here and Dotson is suspect. 

I'm not against drafting a WR to be or #3 guy, but trying to be realistic about expectations if we do.

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Howell will be.  He went from starter to 3rd string. If he doesn’t get traded, he’ll probably asked to be released. He’s going to want to go somewhere where he can at least be the backup and maybe have a shot at starting; that’s not happening here.

We can find another 3rd stringer.

Rams, 49ers, Chargers, Bills,.....learn from a Vet

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Who is on a rookie deal with a seasons recent starting experience and some good film (mixed in with the bad)?

Howell has value to us still. I wouldn’t move him for less than a 4th. I doubt anyone gives us that, he’s got more value to us.

Id rather have him as the backup than Mariotta tbh.

So would I but we aren't wasting 6 million on a guy we're gonna cut and I don't see us actually keeping three QB on the active roster.

• Thumb down 1