Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

3 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

My complimenting the Ravens for their draft prowess is not a slight against Peters, who has done a good job I agree. You need to lighten up. I'm not the enemy.

Agreed.  

I am a huge admirer of the structure of the Ravens.

From Ozzie to DeCosta to Harbaugh...team has a straight forward chain of command, and consistent voice from top to bottom.

Also, Bisciotti (one of my fav owners) you never hear from in the media unless it's absolutely necessary. (and it's never about football ops)

That being said, I love what I see from AP and hopefully our structure can replicate the Ravens. #httc

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

Howell did not exactly get a fair chance to see what he could do. How easy is it to defend against a QB that you know is going to throw it 50 times a game? Also, as most have stated - that O-line was a disaster. I bet if you put Howell behind an average O-line and commit to a run game, he could at least be an average starter in this league (with a balanced offense).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NYSkins21 said:

This is my theory that they never intended to trade Fields. All smoke.

Do you realize how stupid it would be to let the national (and local) media, twitter, and every fanbase spend all offseason talking about how much of a failure Fields has been and how they’ll be so much better off with the hyped Caleb Williams—if they were just going to hang onto Fields as their starter this whole time? Catastrophic for his mental well-being, with absolutely no advantage, if he was actually their guy. They would have already picked up his 5th year option and traded the 1.01. Caleb Williams is worth Caleb Williams, no one believes you would ever trade the pick if the price was the only variable. Either Caleb Williams is untouchable, or you’ll trade the pick. There is no in-between. 

They are obviously taking Caleb Williams, and struggling to find suitors for a Fields trade because he isn’t a good QB and the acquiring team has to make a decision on his 5th year option immediately. It’s that simple. There’s no game playing going on at all. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Kalu44 said:

Howell did not exactly get a fair chance to see what he could do. How easy is it to defend against a QB that you know is going to throw it 50 times a game? Also, as most have stated - that O-line was a disaster. I bet if you put Howell behind an average O-line and commit to a run game, he could at least be an average starter in this league (with a balanced offense).

The NFL isn't fair. At the end of the day he was a bottom 5 QB former 5th round pick whos rookie contract is halfway expired. He's dunzo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

36 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think we should have a contest. Which prolific poster is down on a player/coach most:

VOR: Jay Gruden

@Skinsinparadise: Sam Darnold

@Koolblue13 :Eric Biennemy

@Koolblue13: Wylie (I couldn't choose one....)

@88Comrade2000: Ron Rivera

:P

Personally, SiP wins.

While not with the Commanders, EB, Wylie and Ron Rivera have had season you could call a success.  I don't think you could convince me Sam Darnold has something to hang his hat on (outside of getting paid for said failures).

• Like 1

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Frankie Luvu Cap Hits:

2024: $3.8m

2025: $11.2m

2026: $11.2m

2027-2028: Void Years with remaining balance (idk how that works)

So we know:

Armstrong: $4.9m

Luvu: $3.9m

Allegretti: $3.6m

Ekeler: $3.2m

Assumptions:

Ertz: $3m

Ferrell: $3m

McManus: $3.4m

Badass: $3.9m

Mariota: $6m

OTC has Armstrong, Luvu, Allegretti, Ekeler on the books already with $78.7m remaining in cap space. Dock off the assumptions (which haven't hit/been recorded) and we're at $59.4m in cap space remaining.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Frankie Luvu Cap Hits:

A void year is simply fake years on a contract just to spread out the signing bonus but the player does not have a base salary for those years and are set to become a free agent once the contract voids. If a player has void years in their contract and they are not re-signed before the contract voids, all of the remaining money from any of the void years gets transferred into dead money for the next season. - Behind the Curtain (Google)

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The NFL isn't fair. At the end of the day he was a bottom 5 QB former 5th round pick whos rookie contract is halfway expired. He's dunzo.

Agree to disagree. I think if he lands in the right system (with a decent OC), then he can resurrect his career. Draft position doesn't factor here imo. Let's see what Sean Payton can do with him.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Frankie Luvu Cap Hits:

It's bonus split out over 5 years (although there could be a year 2 bonus that is spread over final 4).  

To hit 36, this is about 10 million off, so quick look it's likely about 5 and 5, that accelerates to 10 dead money that fourth year.  

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

OTC has Armstrong, Luvu, Allegretti, Ekeler on the books already with $78.7m remaining in cap space. Dock off the assumptions (which haven't hit/been recorded) and we're at $59.4m in cap space remaining.

And based on OTC and the contracts that haven't hit yet, the only one that is multi-year not recorded on OTC is Badass. I assume it's similarly structured to Luvu ($11m next year). 

For the signings so far, we've got

2024: $59.4m left

2025: $101.5m left - take out draft pool for this year's yet to be added rookies and it drops to approx. $81m

A) We'll likely be rolling $20-30m into 2025

B)We aren't doing significant damage to future cap years.

6 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Agreed.  

I am a huge admirer of the structure of the Ravens.

From Ozzie to DeCosta to Harbaugh...team has a straight forward chain of command, and consistent voice from top to bottom.

Also, Bisciotti (one of my fav owners) you never hear from in the media unless it's absolutely necessary. (and it's never about football ops)

That being said, I love what I see from AP and hopefully our structure can replicate the Ravens. #httc

Man...**** the Ravens...

I got my eyes open for tickets to watch us curb stomp their Michael Vick Wannabe in person in their house this year.

The revenge tour starts now, free smoke for everyone.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, CommDownMan said:

It's bonus split out over 5 years (although there could be a year 2 bonus that is spread over final 4).  

To hit 36, this is about 10 million off, so quick look it's likely about 5 and 5, that accelerates to 10 dead money that fourth year.  

$2.3m in 2027 and 2028 respectively. So dead cap if not re-signed before 2027 would be $4.6m.

The rest to get to $36m are likely all in bonuses/etc. So it looks like the deal is really 3 years, $31m ... but $4m / $11m / $11m being the breakout over 3 years with a $4.6m dead cap hit in 2027 when he's off the book (Similar to Samuel this year)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-commanders/frankie-luvu-25901/#:~:text=Current Contract,carrying a cap hit of .&text=NFL contract specifics generally collected from verified reports.

I was thinking it was 3/36.  Math shown here with 3/31.  So 2.3 million for each of 2027 and 2028.

edit: beat me to it.

Edited by CommDownMan

9 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Frankie Luvu Cap Hits:

Becomes dead cap. That’s what we’ve got with the Curtis Samules deal now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CommDownMan said:

Personally, SiP wins.

While not with the Commanders, EB, Wylie and Ron Rivera have had season you could call a success.  I don't think you could convince me Sam Darnold has something to hang his hat on (outside of getting paid for said failures).

I think the question was who is down on the player/coach more not who was worst at their job.

i would vote for @Voice_of_Reason if only due to length of time hating Jay. lol. Although @88Comrade2000 would be a close 2nd!!   😂😂😂😂

Edited by goskins10
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Kinda heascratching how people here seem to forget howell was statistically a top 10 (maybe even top 5) qb halfway thru the season. He showed more in his first year starting than your darnolds, Zach Wilson’s, Mac jones and any GM worth his paycheck would see he has a lot more potential than the aforementioned failures… let’s also remember the team flat out gave up. The players hated bienemy, the OL was worst in the league, our weapons were meh. Howell faced about as much adversity as you could draw up. 

If howell is traded it’s a mistake. And if it’s for anything less than a 3rd it simply doesn’t make sense.

That's an assumption that people forgot.

Many people asked fair questions with respect impact of volume given he was passing far more then we were running while piling up those stats.

It's not how you start its how you finish, he is currently being remembered for how he finished.

2 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Don’t we have the Eagles OC from last year on staff?

Yep and the intel that Johnson provided I'm sure had some impact on this deal.  Not crazy about it but...6 mill guaranteed! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kalu44 said:

I Definitely agree 👍🏻…. Specially the part where you stated it’s not hard at all to defend or scheme a defensive game plan when you know he’s dropping back 40+ times a game… with little to no threat at the run game and let’s not forget we didn’t have 1 100yd rusher last season in 17 games (mind blowing) it’s not that we couldn’t have imho it’s that the game calling was that bad

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If a 4th include a 6th.  We should be able to get a 3rd for Howell.  His stats for a 1-year full time starter warrant that, I think considering OL, injuries to the OL and OC/EB.  

12 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Top 51 contracts only likely closer to 65mil in space. You can basically adjust back on 1m per contract from here on in. New contract hits, one minimum value deal drops of the bottom of the 51 list.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Top 51 contracts only likely closer to 65mil in space. You can basically adjust back on 1m per contract from here on in. New contract hits, one minimum value deal drops of the bottom of the 51 list.

Their number is Top 51 actually. The original $78.7m number I started with is based on the $185m (Top 51). Deduct $2m for the 53 man calculation (as you alluded to, but just the opposite direction)

image.png.04bdbcc10cdec4b764cbca61bdce7a55.png

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Their number is Top 51 actually. The original $78.7m number I started with is based on the $185m (Top 51). Deduct $2m for the 53 man calculation (as you alluded to, but just the opposite direction)

image.png.04bdbcc10cdec4b764cbca61bdce7a55.png

👍 I always use Spotac as my starting point and the numbers do tend to differ to OTC.