Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

7 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So with Leno gone we have literally nothing at LT.

That changes the discussion going into FA. I don't think a Garrett Boles (if cut) would be out of the equation. It might be the priority. Could get him in for a 2-3 year deal and still draft an OT. Get a veteran in there at LT to protect the rookie, draft an OT early to play RT. It's no longer about finding a stud franchise LT, at some point we just need a solid body (i.e. a younger, slightly better, less injured Leno) while restocking via the draft too.

I’ve suggested him, could be a cap cut by Denver.

Prediction via CBS - 

Washington Commanders

Jonah Williams
CIN • OT • #73
View Profile

Washington's offensive line is in really rough shape, and after cutting ties with Charles Leno, the Commies need a new left tackle. Williams played better on the left side of the line before the Bengals moved him over to the right in the wake of last offseason's Orlando Brown signing, and Washington could use a long-term answer at that spot.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Prediction via CBS - 

Washington Commanders

Jonah Williams
CIN • OT • #73
View Profile

Washington's offensive line is in really rough shape, and after cutting ties with Charles Leno, the Commies need a new left tackle. Williams played better on the left side of the line before the Bengals moved him over to the right in the wake of last offseason's Orlando Brown signing, and Washington could use a long-term answer at that spot.

Every time I read something about how well Jonah Williams has played, it's different. At this point it's souring the notion of Jonah Williams being much of an upgrade.

• Like 2

Just now, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Every time I read something about how well Jonah Williams has played, it's different. At this point it's souring the notion of Jonah Williams being much of an upgrade.

Agree. I always thought he was deemed average, at best.

I'm fine with Jonah LT even if he's average.  Like he has experience, and we're not finding "the answer" anywhere this year unless we go Joe Alt and cause the entire board to have a heart attack.

Dalton Schultz re-signed to Houston booooooooooooooooo

• Thumb down 1

10 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

I'm fine with Jonah LT even if he's average.  Like he has experience, and we're not finding "the answer" anywhere this year unless we go Joe Alt and cause the entire board to have a heart attack.

Dalton Schultz re-signed to Houston booooooooooooooooo

Kind of my thinking tbh. We aren't landing a franchise LT this year. It's why I was okay keeping Leno around one more year before his injury was disclosed.

Signing an "above average" LT would make sense. Williams is above average. Not great. But does have some pedigree. It allows you to draft an OT in the 2nd round and play them at RT and possibly swing them to LT in the future, though I would think Williams would be a 1-2 year minimum starter.

I feel like Williams was a guy that some thought could play Guard in the NFL when he came out too. Maybe you play him at LT knowing he could kick to LG or RT at some point. 

47 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

On PFT its saying Brandon Sherff could be cut, could he play LG? 

FYI

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brandon-scherff-rayshawn-jenkins-could-be-next-to-go-in-jacksonville

The Jaguars are creating cap space. It’s starting with cornerback Darious Williams. It could continue with offensive lineman Brandon Scherff and safety Rayshawn Jenkins.

Both are in the final year of their respective contracts.

Jenkins is due to earn a non-guaranteed salary of $8.28 million in 2024. His cap number is $12.564 million. He’d leave behind $7.136 million in dead money, if released.

Scherff has a base salary of $15 million. His cap number is $23.967 million, and his release would result in a dead-money charge of $14.868 million.

The Jaguars are expected to apply the franchise tag to defensive end Josh Allen, before today’s deadline for doing so.

Safety market is so over-saturated with good (at worst) players, and we don’t even know if Winfield is one of them yet. 

We better not pay Curl $12M+

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Safety market is so over-saturated with good (at worst) players, and we don’t even know if Winfield is one of them yet. 

I'd offer him $25 over 3 and go as high as $30. Any more and he can go kick rocks.

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

Still feel like Jayron Kearse makes the most sense given the ties to Dallas, and he'd be on the cheaper side given the market saturation. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

Still time for a few OL cuts. 

9 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Still feel like Jayron Kearse makes the most sense given the ties to Dallas, and he'd be on the cheaper side given the market saturation. 

Agreed in that I expect him here. He’s not far off being able to play full time LB.

Hope Peters can display some Bobby Bethard type skills in drafting in the middle and late rounds of this draft as well as shop around for

some free agents who we can get at a reasonable rate.  Sure seems like several teams are dumping safety's who were over paid.

Maybe Peters can find a left tackle who is let go from another team because the last contract was too high.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Well now that burns is pretty much gone...let's go heavy ol and sign rcalvin idley to pair with mclaurin and dotson. That'd be a nasty combo.

I am on board with the "screw the defense, with offense we ball" plan of letting opposing teams score 30 while our QB rookie tries to score 35 behind the best offense money can buy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Winfield has been tagged

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1