Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

2 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Could Beckton be a sneaky FA target to play LG?  Don’t know if he wants to do that, but he could be Flowers 2.0 in that regard

Have to be the right deal he was bad last year for the jets.

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Get this man in B and G.

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Hard to do when they FT him.  

I like the player just not sure if I want the $30mil/yr contract. He will want to set the market like watt and bosa. Eeek. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

TE Charlie Woerner

I considered him as someone Peters brought in. Wasn’t sure whether he basically got stuck down the pecking order due to the quality of SF’s other TE, or if he just hadn’t really performed that well. I read mixed reports on his performances. That said, he does look like a low cost option who Peter’s might see something in.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, illone said:

I like the player just not sure if I want the $30mil/yr contract. He will want to set the market like watt and bosa. Eeek. 

If he plays like TJ Watt then I'll take him at a market setting rate. We have the dough.

It looks as though the first domino is about to fall at the safety position, and it could affect the plans moving forward for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Here’s the latest.

Word in Indianapolis late Saturday night is that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and star safety Antoine Winfield are zeroing in on a multi-year contract that would prevent them from placing the franchise tag on the defensive back. The word in the Circle City is that the deal looks like it will be in the area of three years, $60 million, an average of $20 million per season. Sources tell me a fourth year could be added to the contract.

I’m told the Buccaneers, who are projected by experts to be about $40 million under the revised salary cap of $255 million, will look to quickly sign Winfield as well as quarterback Baker Mayfield to multi-year deals and hope to sign receiver Mike Evans. If they can’t sign Evans, they could opt to put the franchise tag on the wideout to keep him with the franchise.

The belief is that the New England Patriotshave a multi-year deal on the table for their pending free-agent safety, Kyle Dugger. The deal is worth about $13 million annually, approximately $500,000 more than the deal New England reportedly floated in front of Dugger last November.

Kamren Curl is expected to receive a deal in the range of $12 million per year. There’s a chance that number goes higher if more teams enter the fray and a bidding war starts.

Where does that leave Xavier McKinney of the New York Giants? Many believe if Winfield gets a contract upwards of $20 million annually, McKinney would ask for something in the range of $17.5 million to $18 million annually, though few believe he ends up with a deal that big.

21 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Hopefully Winfield makes it to the market. You could really build this defense through free agency and draft offense.

Nah, they'll franchise him if need be.  

The real domino is if Kirk goes to Atlanta (he should as they could win that division with him starting).  Minny probably does a rebuild and would take JJ if he's there (I don't think he would be).  Atlanta than takes Best defender available at 8 or trades down.

15 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Could Beckton be a sneaky FA target to play LG?  Don’t know if he wants to do that, but he could be Flowers 2.0 in that regard

He’s too tall to play guard

6 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

The real domino is if Kirk goes to Atlanta (he should as they could win that division with him starting).  Minny probably does a rebuild and would take JJ if he's there (I don't think he would be).  Atlanta than takes Best defender available at 8 or trades down.

I think if they resign Baker they will not have money to give Winfield.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Minnesota would love to get fields they tried to draft him years ago. Don't think bears would trade him there.

1 hour ago, Blanka said:

Kamren Curl is expected to receive a deal in the range of $12 million per year. There’s a chance that number goes higher if more teams enter the fray and a bidding war starts.

I don’t think his play matches that kind of deal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I think if they resign Baker they will not have money to give Winfield.

Depending on the use of void years and backloading I think these 3 are doable.  How much is left who knows, but so far it seems doable to me.

9 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I'd say $12 is like his absolute maximum ceiling but its definitely a bit of an overpay.

Personally I'd offer him something like 3 years $27 Mil. 3/30 tops.

13 hours ago, illone said:

Is he not that quality of player? I feel like he is. The player we thought we were getting when we drafted Chase. It’s expensive, but blue chip players do not come cheap. And we are seriously lacking in blue chip players right now. Plus, the guy is only 25 years old. If we are going to splurge on a stud player, this is the kind of guy we should target imo.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd say $12 is like his absolute maximum ceiling but its definitely a bit of an overpay.

I think we give Jayron Kearse half of that. Then I’d look to the draft as well. For Curl I’d be also be more comfortable in the  6-8mil PY range maximum. 

OG · Age: 26

The Patriots did Onwenu a huge favor by returning him to right tackle midway through last season. While he’s an excellent guard, he’s better as a bookend. That flexibility, his age and experience could make him one of this year's highest-paid players in free agency.

S · Age: 25

Stone’s seven-interception 2023 probably isn’t repeatable, but he’s shown enough in 1,500 snaps over the last two seasons for me to believe his center-field skills will travel outside of Baltimore.

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

OG · Age: 26

The Patriots did Onwenu a huge favor by returning him to right tackle midway through last season. While he’s an excellent guard, he’s better as a bookend. That flexibility, his age and experience could make him one of this year's highest-paid players in free agency.

Would love to get him. FA priority

LB · Age: 27

It turns out that playing on a stacked 49ers defense for his first four pro seasons wasn't what made Al-Shaair a difference-maker against the run. After signing a one-year prove-it deal in Tennessee in 2023, Al-Shair was reliable amid a difficult situation with the Titans.

1 minute ago, gooseneck said:

Would love to get him. FA priority

Yep having trawled through the OL free agents, Onwenu stands out as the best available IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I’d let him walk, we need playmakers, use that money saved to sign Josh Allen and Sneed on a sign and trade, maybe we could send the chiefs a second or maybe a third plus a 5th, and then extend him. We would instantly have 2 all pro caliber players on the D.

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

In fairness I don't think any of our players played to their potential during this seasons tankathon. Everyone just seemed checked out. I think Kurl has better juice than what he showed this past season that may match that salary.

Edited by rumplestilskin