Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Why would they not trade down to 2 and take MHJ? Even if it’s for a 2 and a 3? 

they could. But if we call their bluff they are kinda in a bind. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, lovemaskins said:

Yet folks in here are nitpicking All Pro Bobby Wagner and his “lost step.”  I refused to comment earlier but the Cabernet hath removed my inhibitions.

Jealousy.  He had a comb 183 tackles, most in his career.  DQ and Adam Peters and Co. are setting the classroom standard on FA.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spaceman Spiffs here having flashbacks to the glory days of winning offseasons only to **** the bed during the regular season time and time again. 

If this was Snyder roping in these free agents you’d be doom prepping. New ownership has you feeling high and mighty, never once stopping to think that things don’t have to automatically get better because Dan Snyder isn’t here. 

I’ll believe when they actually win games.  Until then, a tip of the cap to Peterss for showing out in the offseason. It’s been awhile, but this feels familiar. 

Mark Carrier and Bruce Smith are unavailable for comment at this time. 

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 2

59 minutes ago, MartinC said:

If it’s a low value 1 year deal. Great! I highly doubt that is what Smith is looking for though, and I wouldn’t want to giving him any kind of multi year deal or big guaranteed money. It will be interesting to see where he ends up and what he signs for.

Agreed. One year, 15 million with 5 million guaranteed is what I'd offer. I'm with you on no multi-year deal or big guarantees. Definitely not what he's looking for but I'm hoping his injuries and the strong draft class depress the market.

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Spaceman Spiffs here having flashbacks to the glory days of winning offseasons only to **** the bed during the regular season time and time again. 

If this was Snyder roping in these free agents you’d be doom prepping. New ownership has you feeling high and mighty, never one stopping to think that things don’t have to automatically get better because Dan Snyder isn’t here. 

I’ll believe when they actually win games.  Until then, a tip of the cap to Peter’s for showing out in the offseason. It’s been awhile, but this feels familiar. 

Nowhere near familiar. Snyder would sign free agents to HUGE money deals with multiple years. The exact opposite of what is happening here. Just because we are signing quantity (because of dire need) is no reason to confuse it with what Snyder did. The only thing I agree on is that nothing else matters, except the play on the field.

Edited by Kalu44
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Kalu44 said:

Nowhere near familiar. Snyder would sign free agents to HUGE money deals with multiple years. The exact opposite of what is happening here. Just because we are signing quantity (because of dire need) is no reason to confuse it with what Snyder did. The only thing I agree on is that nothing else matters, except the play on the field.

Fair enough.  

25 minutes ago, MartinC said:

If only someone could have foreseen that before the season started*

*almost every poster on ES foresaw it.

In fairness, I wanted to see it suck before declaring that it sucked.

And I got a lot of grief for withholding judgement until it actually sucked.

EB also didn’t help the OL out with play calling.  

27 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Why would they not trade down to 2 and take MHJ? Even if it’s for a 2 and a 3? 

Why would we trade up if Caleb won’t play for Chicago?  Make them pick somebody else and pick Caleb at 2.

• Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Meanwhile In the middle of a historic free agency...... Rick is ummmmm Just being Rick.

Amazingly, I have absolutely no issue with this post.  Except he probably is reading this board which is where he got the information. But maybe he is an amazing race fan.  

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Why would we trade up if Caleb won’t play for Chicago?  Make them pick somebody else and pick Caleb at 2.

I guess the thought would be that if you really want Caleb, you have to go to number one so the patriots don’t leapfrog you and take him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I guess the thought would be that if you really want Caleb, you have to go to number one so the patriots don’t leapfrog you and take him.

We could arguably take MHJ if that who they want 

31 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If this was Snyder roping in these free agents you’d be doom prepping. New ownership has you feeling high and mighty, never once stopping to think that things don’t have to automatically get better because Dan Snyder isn’t here. 

I’ll believe when they actually win games.  Until then, a tip of the cap to Peterss for showing out in the offseason. It’s been awhile, but this feels familiar. 

If you can’t:

1. Do math to figure they had to sign 10-12 FAs to just fill out the roster and

2. recognize this is an extraordinarily different approach signing good players on short, cheap deals to fill immediate holes to allow draft flexibility

I can’t help you.  This is absolutely nothing like we’ve ever done before.

I can’t say if it will work.  But it won’t the cap situation or the draft prospects.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Pretty simplistic comparison for you, you can do better. None of these contracts are anything like a Snyder “win the offseason” contract. There is no similarity beyond the most basic first glance. No risk to future cap health as it remains intact and untainted. You just have to scratch literally one level below surface analysis. 

I’m the furthest thing from a homer btw. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This is the epitome of lazy analysis. You have a history of being better than this man. Be better now.

• Thanks 1

This thread is frenetic, not sure if this was mentioned yet...

London Fletcher was 32 when he signed here...

and he played at a high level for at least five years before he lost a step or two.

Not even remotely suggesting that Wagner can do the same thing, but based on last year he doesnt appear to have lost a step yet.  He is 33...

Who knows, he could fall off a cliff week 1, everyone is different.  Still a good signing and can be a leader in the locker room for whoever GMAP drafts.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Thats fair.  But then you’re in a bidding war with the patriots.  Or other teams.  

It won’t be a 2nd and a 3rd.  It will be at least a 2025 first + a 2024 second and 3rd.  

Let the Patriots do that.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Brilliant people get it wrong sometimes.  Talented folks have bad days, games, seasons.  So yeah, it’s always possible that any strategy can fail for anyone.

But this is absolutely different and unlike any strategy ever deployed during Snyder’s regime.  They are remediating the stench of Dan, and doing it by adding free agents to short term deals.  There’s no splash here, it’s simply filling holes without long term commitment at this point.   This entire offseason is the polar opposite of the way we operated under Dan Snyder.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I understand where you are coming from, but this is simply a result of 20 years of PTSD.

The last piece of Washington fan gear I purchased was a "Fire Vinny" tshirt i purchased in 2009 from someone on this site, and the only reason I bought it was because I knew Snyder wouldnt see a penny of the profits. Of course the message was worthy too.

But, this is a very different approach than that one. This isnt Deion, or Bruce Smith, or Jason Taylor, or Haynesworthless, or Archuleta, or (insert overpriced player that didnt fit the scheme).

All these player signings have specific roles to fill in a preset system that was designed ahead of time. Not desperate moves to sell tickets. One look at the contracts will prove that to you.

Haynesworthless messed up this teams salary cap for years. These signings are low risk and can be jettisoned without future impact.

Try to resist the urge to allow bad memories to seep in. I know its tough, but the wicked witch is truly gone.

Not saying any of this will work, but this is vastly different than previous regime. 

Hang tight man! GMAP out here getting **** done!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

I expect an Offensive loaded bounty of picks in the upcoming draft.  

We still need Corner, and could also use an explosive Edge. They might decide they need to upgrade the DT depth.

The draft unfolds in unpredictable ways. But I do think it becomes more and more likely we trade back from one or both of our 2nd rounders.