Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Stanley Cup

Cooked Crack

Our daughter owns the knock off and she loves it.  In fact, she took it to her volleyball tourney this weekend, instead of the hydro/thermo flask.

Not sure what the big deal is... but she doesn't need to buy more than 1.  

Stanley decided to made a cup similar to ones already in existence and then paid a bunch of social media influencers to waive them around on TikTok. 

Pretty great advertising as it caught on and they may take the mantle as the brand others follow. (Though Yeti pretty much has been making the same cup with a smaller handle for a few years now)

Of course back when I was a kid, we just were dehydrated all day.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

The surprising thing is that she was arrested. Retail theft has become a problem here in NorCal. 

I've heard that stores are just letting it go... while keeping track of just how much someone steals until it reaches the point of Grand Larceny and then come down hard on 'em.

Some Target workers have gotten fired after purchasing one of Stanley's wildly popular Starbucks cups

Stanley's ultrapopular, limited-release Starbucks cups sold for $50 when they were briefly on sale at Target, but for some employees who bought one, the real cost is turning out to be much higher. 

A Target worker, Araceli Bernal, told Business Insider she and several coworkers were fired after purchasing cups, apparently in violation of company policy. 

A full-time worker just shy of her second anniversary with Target, Bernal said she bought her cup two weeks ago from a Starbucks barista before the start of her 10 a.m. Friday shift in Delaware. 

The following Monday, she said her managers told her there would be an investigation into employee cup purchases, which concluded with her termination on Wednesday. 

Bernal said she later realized the barista may have improperly set them aside as a favor to several coworkers who had expressed interest in the cups.

https://www.businessinsider.com/target-workers-fired-after-purchase-of-trendy-stanley-starbucks-cups-2024-1

Weve had these Stanley cups for a couple years now because they worked great for keeping gin and tonics hidden and cold at the beach a d in front of campfires.

Does that make us trend setters?

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Xameil said:

Weve had these Stanley cups for a couple years now because they worked great for keeping gin and tonics hidden and cold at the beach a d in front of campfires.

Does that make us trend setters?

Nope, it makes you hipsters.  "I was into it before it was cool"

• Haha 1

On 1/22/2024 at 9:40 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

My OG Stanley cup. Had this probably 15 years. Been on multiple deployments and survived many bad falls. Key feature; screw on lid!

20240122_074504.jpg

eBay it.

I bet some hipster would pay a couple hundred bucks so they can feel all retro

• Thumb down 1

6 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Yeah...I highly doubt you can call me and my redneck friends/family hipsters...

Have you seen some hipsters recently?  Redneck chique is a whole thing.  Lumberjack flannel, some Carhartt, a big bushy beard but soft hands with no calluses.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Have you seen some hipsters recently?  Redneck chique is a whole thing.  Lumberjack flannel, some Carhartt, a big bushy beard but soft hands with no calluses.  

I can't begin to imagine who you're describing!!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Lol **** no...True Adirondack dwellers are as far from hipster as you can get. Its all about authenticity