Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your top stories of 2023/Your 2024 Predictions

88Comrade2000

The Absolute Worst Political Predictions of 2023

There is, I’ve found, no single word for it — a person who is loudly, consistently wrong in their political predictions.

You can probably think of someone who fits that description. Perhaps it’s your uncle. Maybe it’s a talking head on cable news or sports radio, an overcaffeinated member of the International Brotherhood of Hot Take-Havers. Maybe it’s “Dilbert” creator Scott Adams, who has managed to appear on this annual roundup of the worst predictions in politics more than any other person on the planet.

And yet, even as language fails us, what I’m describing is endemic. The closest thing there is to a surefire prediction about American politics in 2023 is this: Today, inevitably, somebody on the internet will be loudly wrong about something that will happen in the future.

What’s compiled here is a collection of people and statements that were very, very wrong about politics this year. Sometimes, it was the result of hubris. Sometimes, wishcasting. In a few instances, it was an honest-to-God misread of the situation.

What they have in common, though, is that they were wrong. Which means that they were something for which there is a single word: human.

Here, POLITICO Magazine’s annual roundup of some of the worst predictions of 2023 (and a couple from the tail end of 2022).

Click on the link for the predictions 

Top Stories 0f 2023

1. Dan sells Commanders

2. The Chaos of the GOP House- From Mccarthy to Johnson

3. The indictments of Trump

4.  Strikes- UAW, Actors and Writers

5.  Hamas attack leading to War

6.  Ukraine - Russia war

7.  Taylor Swift

My 2024 Predictions

1.  Josh Harris hits the mark in his rebuilding of the Commanders franchise

2.  I can't predict who will win the Presidential Election but I will say these 2 things:

(1) The election will be unlike anything we've ever seen

(2) 3rd parties will be a factor in the 24 election by either tipping the election to one side or the other

or the 3rd party may win a state or two, throwing election to the House.

3.  Trump will be successful in pushing most of his trials to after the election and the ones that do go on, he will not be convicted.

4.  The Dems will win the House and the Republicans will win the Senate.

5.  Ukraine will not get any more funding. After a turning point in the war by summer, there will be a negotiated settlement and Russia will get to keep the lands it has won.  Zelensky will protest but since the funding will dry up, he will have no choice.

6. The Hamas- Israeli war will rage on.

7. Ravens will win their 3rd Superbowl.

VOX: 24 things we think will happen in 2024

Click above link for full article.

>>>

t was either the Nobel Prize-winning physicist Niels Bohr or Hall of Fame New York Yankees catcher Yogi Berra (or, quite possibly, neither of them) who coined the phrase: “Predictions are hard to make, especially about the future.”

Nonetheless, for the fifth year in a row, the staff of Future Perfect will venture its best estimations of what major news events will or won’t take place in 2024. Will Donald Trump return to the White House? Will OpenAI release ChatGPT-5? Will antibiotic sales for farmed animals increase? Will inflation continue to moderate? Will Oppenheimer win Best Picture? (It would have Bohr’s vote, if he were a member of the Academy and if he were alive.)

But we don’t just make blind predictions. In keeping with the best practices of forecasters, we attach probabilities to each of our predictions. Pay attention to the probabilities! 80 percent, or even 90 percent, does not mean we are certain an event will definitely happen. (If we were, we would say 100 percent.) Rather, it means that if we made five predictions or 10 predictions, we’d expect four or nine of them to come true, respectively.

And as we have every year, we’ll be keeping track of how we do in 2024 and letting you know our performance. (You can check out how we did in 2023 here.) —Bryan Walsh<<<

2023 was mostly positive for me.

Negative-

lifetime ban from /r/nfl reddit (RIP)

However

Positive-

More time spent watching Instagram and social media

More time watching gambling videos

4 vacations between July 2023 and December 2023 (Boston, Vegas, Kings Dominion - Busch Gardens, Orlando)

In 2024 I plan to go on another vacation and visit more theme parks. It was difficult to cope with being banned from /r/nfl but I will just take my random thoughts and musings to ES :)

• Thumb up 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2024 at 10:03 AM, ixcuincle said:

2023 was mostly positive for me.

Negative-

lifetime ban from /r/nfl reddit (RIP)

However

Positive-

More time spent watching Instagram and social media

More time watching gambling videos

4 vacations between July 2023 and December 2023 (Boston, Vegas, Kings Dominion - Busch Gardens, Orlando)

In 2024 I plan to go on another vacation and visit more theme parks. It was difficult to cope with being banned from /r/nfl but I will just take my random thoughts and musings to ES :)

You should count that lifetime ban from Reddit nfl as a positive.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...