Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, TheGoodBits said:

Kliff Kingsbury was a mistake. 

What’s your basis for this? Is it his fault we had 4 false starts in the red zone? When was the last time we went back to back weeks with 20+ points with a mediocre oline and lack of outside weapons? Not saying he’s good but you can’t say he’s bad. It’s too early.

• Like 3

Still hard to evaluate Kingsbury.

3 Tds and 2 missed FGs last week, and 7 scoring drives this week is a plus.

Got the ground game going this week.

Daniels looks like he belongs… don’t know how much credit to give Kliff on that front.

I think he’s protecting Daniels by calling plays to get the ball out quickly, but then he’s called some poor qb runs.

Seems like Kliff is a bit handcuffed by the oline and receivers, but then you wonder about his ability to scheme receivers open and create mismatches.

Overall, it’s been a mixed bag on offense, which is exactly what you expect with a new system and rookie qb (and a team that finished with the #2 pick).  

I still think there’s a lot of room for Kliff and Daniels to grow/improve together.  We’ve shown teams they have to stop our run game, stop Daniels on the ground, and cover the short stuff.  Feels like that could start opening up other things (as it seemed to late in this game).

• Like 2

On 9/15/2024 at 5:33 PM, skinny21 said:

Still hard to evaluate Kingsbury.

3 Tds and 2 missed FGs last week, and 7 scoring drives this week is a plus.

Got the ground game going this week.

Daniels looks like he belongs… don’t know how much credit to give Kliff on that front.

I think he’s protecting Daniels by calling plays to get the ball out quickly, but then he’s called some poor qb runs.

Seems like Kliff is a bit handcuffed by the oline and receivers, but then you wonder about his ability to scheme receivers open and create mismatches.

Overall, it’s been a mixed bag on offense, which is exactly what you expect with a new system and rookie qb (and a team that finished with the #2 pick).  

I still think there’s a lot of room for Kliff and Daniels to grow/improve together.  We’ve shown teams they have to stop our run game, stop Daniels on the ground, and cover the short stuff.  Feels like that could start opening up other things (as it seemed to late in this game).

Kingsbury's offense is ranked #4 overall in the league in offensive efficiency per Finlay and Mitch. That's tremendous given a rookie QB and the new pieces we've added. Expect improvement too, especially in the RedZone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Kingsbury's offense is ranked #4 overall in the league in offensive efficiency per Finlay and Mitch. That's tremendous given a rookie QB and the new pieces we've added. Expect improvement too, especially in the RedZone. 

Yeah, my stance is developing as more info has come out since the 2nd game.  Still early, but the efficiency stats and the video breakdown with Bullock/Akridge(?) were nice to see.  Things like creativity, some deeper, open routes that Daniels turned down (or wasn’t able to get to), some cool run play designs, play philosophy, etc.  I’m trending positive on Kingsbury at the moment, particularly given his handicaps - a rookie qb, sketchy oline - and going up against some disruptive fronts.  Daniels is obviously putting the work in, but the comments about this being a qb friendly system are being borne out.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

The biggest problem with Kingsbury is his inability to adjust when defenses catches on.   He has a history of starting seasons in the top 10 and then dramatically falling off a cliff as the season progresses.  So the true test is if he's learned how to adjust in the NFL when defenses catches on or if JD can be good enough that it won't even matter.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

The biggest problem with Kingsbury is his inability to adjust when defenses catches on.   He has a history of starting seasons in the top 10 and then dramatically falling off a cliff as the season progresses.  So the true test is if he's learned how to adjust in the NFL when defenses catches on or if JD can be good enough that it won't even matter.  

That's a great point.  Every season that KK was the coach of the Cardinals, they experienced a dramatic drop off in offensive production after the first 6-7 games of the season.  Granted the WR position was mostly meh during KK's tenure (The best WR AZ had during his tenure was an ancient Larry Fitzgerald), they still had Kyler Murray, who is a capable QB that looks like a Top 10 QB at times.  I'm going to be interested to see how our offense fairs under KK as the season progresses.  Having BRob and Eckeler should ease the potential for an offensive drop off, but I fear that once we face teams that have good run defenses, teams will dare JD to throw the ball.  Our WR's aren't adequate enough to rely on if we run into good run defenses.