Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

20 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

No one knows what the pocket sized Napoleon required Wright to do and not do, he was his boss after all. I’ll give him a small amount of leeway. Harris didn’t get rich by making dumb decisions so if he’s keeping Wright around there must be a reason. I think Ron had more say in some of the business side than we probably know, he obviously wasn’t fully focused on football by his own admission. The ST thing was pretty bad though😡

Dan Snyder appearing in sweats and a hoodie coupled with the Mannequinn fits the theme as to the ST event -- same dude who supposedly required coaches to buy their own coffee at the facility and would serve P and J sandwiches as the in flight dinner for the team on the airplane.

Shockingly these mistakes seem to be dissapearing now that Dan is gone.  Heck not only that but seems like they have really reengaged alumni in elaborate ways including with appearances during games.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

How worked up someone gets over Jason Wright, and how self-assured they are in what to blame him for vs the Snyders, is a pretty telling sign of whether someone is a bit of a rube or not imo. 

• Like 9
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

How worked up someone gets over Jason Wright, and how self-assured they are in what to blame him for vs the Snyders

Forgetting Wright, many of us talked about it on many fronts, Dan makes everything worse.  As Czaben liked to say its a reverse car wash.

101 Math.

You got two variables working together where its tough to isolate X versus Y.  And X is the variable with the real power. 

X changes.  And Now Y looks a heck of a lot better than they did before.

The math seems clear.  

Then you add that the dude evaluating Y has run multiple teams and businesses and understands the business part of these operations better than any other aspect of his job and thus far is keeping Y.   And metrics that the public is aware of such as ticket sales, suite sales, the stadium quest seems to be improving in a big way.   Maybe all of this means something, too. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

How worked up someone gets over Jason Wright, and how self-assured they are in what to blame him for vs the Snyders, is a pretty telling sign of whether someone is a bit of a rube or not imo. 

It's not like blaming Snyder vs. blaming Wright is a binary choice. And, I don't think even the most ardent Wright hater...of which I surely am...would tell you he's more to blame than Lord Farquaad himself.

But, while Syder is gone...Wright remains. And, I think it's a bit silly to just absolve him of his many failures. Sure, they stink of Snyder...but, so does Wright even being here in the first place.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Forgetting Wright, many of us talked about it on many fronts, Dan makes everything worse.  As Czaben liked to say its a reverse car wash.

101 Math.

You got two variables working together where its tough to isolate X versus Y.  And X is the variable with the real power. 

X changes.  And Now Y looks a heck of a lot better than they did before.

The math seems clear.  

Then you add that the dude evaluating Y has run multiple teams and businesses and understands the business part of these operations better than any other aspect of his job and thus far is keeping Y.   And metrics that the public is aware of such as ticket sales, suite sales, the stadium quest seems to be improving in a big way.   Maybe all of this means something, too. 

Hard to really know that for sure. You know, we’ve kept Hurney and Mayhew around too lower down the food chain. Maybe it’s more a case of short term necessity or that Wright is on a period of grace with new ownership, until such time that an amicable separation is possible. Time will tell. 

I’m surprised anyone thinks he’s doing a good job to be honest, looking from the outside anyway.

1 minute ago, formerly4skins said:

But, while Syder is gone...Wright remains. And, I think it's a bit silly to just absolve him of his many failures. Sure, they stink of Snyder...but, so does Wright even being here in the first place.

Wright has nothing to do with the product on the field while our previous owner had everything to do with the product on the field. What happens on game day is what concerns me and I think most fans. What goes on outside of that means little to me.

• Like 2

It's not like blaming Snyder vs. blaming Wright is a binary choice. And, I don't think even the most ardent Wright hater...of which I surely am...would tell you he's more to blame than Lord Farquaad himself.

It’s not about absolving anyone of anything. Nobody knows how that business was operated behind closed doors. We know the Snyders had their grubby hands on everything and made everything worse, as a general rule. Thinking you know who is to blame for what, regardless of who the face of it was, is silly. It’s Harris’ job to figure out if the guy is good enough at his job to keep working here. The fact you care at all means that Snyder’s plan to use others as body armor worked on you. 

If Wright sucks and deserves to go, Harris will figure that out. It won’t be because of the failed rebranding or a stupid mannequin. Both of which reeked of Snyder’s ego and cheapness btw. 

I doubt I’d like Jason Wright btw, this isn’t a defense of him. I don’t know him except that he’s a political animal and likely a snake given he rose up the ranks in the McKinsey viper pit quickly, and that place is a factory of evil that I can’t get into in The Stadium. 

I won’t keep posting on it but the whole thing is silly. Oh an underpaid someone who probably hates working for Snyder made a stadium chyron and misspelled London Fletchers name? The guy trying to bail water out of an evil man’s multi-billion dollar enterprise is probably to blame. 

Come on. This place was a cesspit and a crumbling monument to cutting corners at every level. From the Snyders down. Nobody has a clue what kind of job a guy like Wright was doing. But Harris has spent a year observing and finds some value in his performance. Maybe it’s purely the stadium work. Maybe not. Again, we have no idea. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

Keeping holdover in lesser positions is not the same as SSDD. There seems to have been an assessment and value found.  The absolute worst thing for any new regime, regardless of business, is to take over and create wholesale change ... especially if value is to be had in other positions. Continuity is valuable. Knowing the distinct, micro-level things that are already working and placing holdover in those positions is invaluable.  The new folks are in places of control and value... over the holdovers. Simply ****canning people for the sake of change is a loser's perspective. 

Edited by klwilkins1977
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Wright has nothing to do with the product on the field while our previous owner had everything to do with the product on the field. What happens on game day is what concerns me and I think most fans. What goes on outside of that means little to me.

Cant argue with wanting results on the field.

But, I'd love it if outside the lines the team could also become a valued and respected org that positively impacts the DMV community...vs. the pariah clown-show that Snyder built.

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

Come on. This place was a cesspit and a crumbling monument to cutting corners at every level. From the Snyders down.

I'm going to cherry pick this quote because I 100% agree...I just think that Wright is part and parcel with the cesspit.

Edited by formerly4skins

2 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

But, I'd love it if outside the lines the team could also become a valued and respected org that positively impacts the DMV community...vs. the pariah clown-show that Snyder built.

Absolutely but changes is already happening on the front. Do you think we would have gotten these coaches if our previous owner was running things? It will be interesting to see what free agents actually want to come here and stay here.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

Keeping holdover in lesser positions is not the same as SSDD. There seems to have been an assessment and value found.  The absolute worst thing for any new regime, regardless of business, is to take over and create wholesale change ... especially if value is to be had in other positions. Continuity is valuable. Knowing the distinct, micro-level things that are already working and placing holdover in those positions is invaluable.  The new folks are in places of control and value... over the holdovers. Simply ****canning people for the sake of change is a loser's perspective. 

The guy was the face of the rebrand and lied to fans multiple times about the Sean Taylor number retirement and mannequin installation. We don’t need any continuity Jason brings.

I seriously don’t understand people wanting to keep him or give him a chance. Why? He has done nothing for any NFL team and has royally screwed up everything he has touched here. The negativity he has with the fans who know who he is far exceeds anything positive he brings table. Dump his ass and move on. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

49 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Hard to really know that for sure. You know, we’ve kept Hurney and Mayhew around too lower down the food chain. Maybe it’s more a case of short term necessity or that Wright is on a period of grace with new ownership, until such time that an amicable separation is possible. Time will tell. 

I’m surprised anyone thinks he’s doing a good job to be honest, looking from the outside anyway.

For me my main point is I don't give a rats behind about Jason Wright he can go or he can stay.  Maybe he's great, maybe he sucks.  I'll leave it for Harris to figure out.

As for looking on the outside, Wright looks like he's killing it from my point of view. They were 2nd in total attendance last season, and they are up about 6,000 in average attendance a game and that happened in the backdrop of one of the worst seasons in this team's history with zero star power and an uninspiring coaching staff who were flat as pancakes as to being inspiring.  Imagine if they actually were just mediocre let alone winning?

They increased their suite sales tremedously.  For seemingly forever, they especially under Bruce tried to move legislation in Congress to help put RFK in play, nothing happened enough to move that needle -- looks like we are weeks from it finally happening.   Maryland seems to be begging to keep the team in their state and are offering subsidies. 

According to a beat reporter or two, alumni relations have improved tremendously.  They've held some elaborate events at the stadium where they got Alumni greeting fans at the stadium, among other things. 

Their draft event at the National Harbor was a big hit.  Stadium revenue way up.  Progress on a real stadium.  And Alumni reengaged. 

I am a big picture guy.  I care about the meal.  I am not a the napkins weren't folded properly and the dinner rolls were stale kind of guy.  Give me a great meal and I can ignore the stale dinner roles let alone the stale dinner roles is a thing of the past when we had an incompetent and cheap restaurant owner overseeing everything.

Look, if people care about stuff from a year ago like London Fletcher's name being mispelled and that there were the wrong years on their new Commanders crest so it ruined our T-shirts.  That's cool.  And look i am not denigrating it.  To each their own.  But the idea that Josh Harris is more concerned about major needle movers versus a number of mishaps on minor stuff mostly centered on nostalgia theme topics -- doesn't strike me weird.  I can relate.

For me they can spell London Fletcher's name Larry Flint on the stadium marquee and they can get the wrong SB year on my T-shirt -- it won't influence my football happiness one whit.  But if they can bring in major reveue so we are a cash rich team which should help with FA among other things and bring me a spanking new stadium I can enjoy -- that will increase my football happiness tremendously.  And if (and its an if, I don't know) Wright has something to do with the business success as to sales and progress on the stadium -- keep the dude.  If not get rid of him.

I bet these are the variables that Josh is considering.  Can this dude help me move sales and help with the stadium.  I think it would be weird if he put issues like Jason's low level worker screwed up some alumni related issue during the Dan dysfunction era a year ago ahead of that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am a big picture guy.  I care about the meal.  I am not a the napkins weren't folded properly and the dinner rolls were stale kind of guy.  Give me a great meal and I can igore the stale dinner roles let alone the stale dinner roles is a thing of the past when we had an incompetent and cheap restaurant owner.

If this is the analogy...i think I'd rather be shooting for a Michelin star vs. serving stale rolls.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for looking on the outside, Wright looks like he's killing it from my point of view

Maybe Wright has nothing to do with it. 

Perhaps previous ownership is responsible for the crap that’s gone before and new ownership caused a short term upturn in all the things you’ve noted. 

It’s would have been quite a task to make things worse in that respect immediately after the sale.

• Like 1

If this is the analogy...i think I'd rather be shooting for a Michelin star vs. serving stale rolls.

I bet if a critic is reviewing a restaurant, he's judging the chef based on the meal, not so much the dinner rolls but if they cared a lot about the dinner rolls they'd notice that the dinner rolls improved with a change of ownership. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I seriously don’t understand people wanting to keep him or give him a chance. Why? He has done nothing for any NFL team and has royally screwed up everything he has touched here. The negativity he has with the fans who know who he is far exceeds anything positive he brings table. Dump his ass and move on. 

You seem to be confusing indifference to “wanting to keep him or give him a chance”.  Most of us just find no significance to him staying or going.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I bet if a critic is reviewing a restaurant, he's judging the chef based on the meal, not so much the dinner rolls but if they cared a lot about the dinner rolls they'd notice that the dinner rolls improved with a change of ownership. 

I don't think our fictional critic is even going back after being served stale food the first time...that's a poorly run kitchen.

Now I'm a little lost as to where we are in this anaogy 😆 

13 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Maybe Wright has nothing to do with it. 

Perhaps previous ownership is responsible for the crap that’s gone before and new ownership caused a short term upturn in all the things you’ve noted. 

It’s would have been quite a task to make things worse in that respect immediately after the sale.

No doubt Dan leaving has helped the process organically improve.  But the point cuts both ways.  It's not as if working for Dan is a neutral exercise -- where its not bad, not good, its just like any ordinary job for any ordinary business.  Everyone and their mother have said people look worse when they work under Dan.  He corrodes everything.  I know for years many of us crapped on the people who worked there.  But later we found out heck Dan impinged on more than we knew in real time.   

I did it myself with the Shanny-RG3 period.  I crapped on Shanny for everything that went down.  But in retrospect the more stories I learned about Dan and how he impinged on all of that I became much more forgiving than i was at the time.

The fact that we aren't seeing these mistakes now and seeing progress on major needle moving items and Jason thus far has survived any purges -- it basically spells on a billboard level that maybe Jason is better at his job than some think?  

I'd add that people who know Josh have said while he's a nice guy he's a very demanding results driven owner and by extension you have to deliver to please him -- i don't get the sense that Josh is an easy mark.

3 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

I don't think our fictional critic is even going back after being served stale food the first time...that's a poorly run kitchen.

Now I'm a little lost as to where we are in this anaogy 😆 

Maybe the better way to bring this home is do you think the main two tasks for the business operations are:  1.  Sales-bringing in venue. 2. A new Stadium?

That to me is the meal.  If you don't think so than we just have a different premise of what we want from the business operation.

lol, its sort of a sad state of the franchise (Dan era thing) that we even know about the business operation -- typical fan base has no idea and doesn't care. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

If Wright sucks and deserves to go, Harris will figure that out. It won’t be because of the failed rebranding or a stupid mannequin. Both of which reeked of Snyder’s ego and cheapness btw. 

Harris literally built a MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR FORTUNE by figuring out who the doofuses were when he bought a company, expunging them and bringing in more qualified people to run the organization.

There are a lot of negative things I can say about PE guys.  A LOT.

However, the ones who are successful can figure out quickly if an exec is full of poop or knows his stuff.  If Wright is full of poop, then he will be gone.  

1 hour ago, Conn said:

I doubt I’d like Jason Wright btw, this isn’t a defense of him. I don’t know him except that he’s a political animal and likely a snake given he rose up the ranks in the McKinsey viper pit quickly, and that place is a factory of evil that I can’t get into in The Stadium. 

I knew I liked you.  McKinsey being described as a viper pit and a factory of evil is absolutely spot on.  Just for knowing, I'm going to steal that and not give you credit. (Viper Pit I've used.  I've never used factory of evil. But now I'm going to.) :P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe the better way to bring this home is do you think the main two tasks for the business operations are:  1.  Sales-bringing in venue. 2. A new Stadium?

Absolutely.

I just think an experienced executive with a track-record of positively impacting an organization better serves that goal vs. a Snyder holdover, with Snyder baggage, that was hired out of typical Snyder desperation.

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I knew I liked you.  McKinsey being described as a viper pit and a factory of evil is absolutely spot on.  Just for knowing, I'm going to steal that and not give you credit. (Viper Pit I've used.  I've never used factory of evil. But now I'm going to.) :P

John Oliver did an entire episode on how crazy that place is...definitely worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

Edited by formerly4skins
  • Thanks 1