Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

I like that we're trying to mold a bunch of different things on offense together to create something fresh and new. Why not try to innovate? Everyone wants to run that 9er system but not everyone has the talent for it. I'm excited to see what this staff can come up with, and I think KK knows his best chance at being a HC again(if he even wants to)is to try to do something fresh and new.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Right now I’m in corporate dining but I’ve done Italian and French restaurants and I’ve worked at hotels and catering companies as well.

I'm GM of the #7 restaurant in the Caribbean if you're ever considering a change. Our chef is a lazy dick head, but his food bangs and he's fast on the line.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I like that we're trying to mold a bunch of different things on offense together to create something fresh and new. Why not try to innovate? Everyone wants to run that 9er system but not everyone has the talent for it. I'm excited to see what this staff can come up with, and I think KK knows his best chance at being a HC again(if he even wants to)is to try to do something fresh and new.

I got the impression Kingsbury wasn’t quite sure what the plan is. I think we’ve assembled a diverse staff. They’ll then settle of QB preference. Then draw up a plan from there.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

The most important comment came from Kingsbury on adapting to the players (strengths and weaknesses).  Football is like ordering uniforms: it's not one size fits all.  You have to take the nuances in the individuals to get it right. Glad no one is trying to ram-rod the players into packages or an ideal... It will take a few draft cycles to get what they want while working with what they have.  Common sense, but great to hear.

Agree, Also the draft If true to their word? Will be more like, is this player better than ours, can he do more to help the team. By knowing what you have on the team first. Instead of he is ranked whatever at the position in the draft. Draft rank will not matter, is he better, does he fit, if not move on to the next. 

• Thumb up 1

Understand that they’ve had bigger fish to fry lately, but I wonder if the owners will say something about a name change now that the hiring of coaches is complete. Since theoretically they will not be meddling in the coaching/GM decisions, there should be plenty of time to at least address the issue and let people know where they stand. Will be interesting to see if they do, because I am getting the feeling that they’re hoping to ignore it until it goes away. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

When you have Christian McCaffery, George Kittle, Brandon Aiyuk, and Deebo Samuels, you can run any damn system you want.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Now that the staff has been hired, they got 10 days until Combine.  Time for the front office and coaching staff to do a deep dive on the roster. They will need to see just how bad of a team Ron left them.

Whitt said it took them a day to do the defense :ols:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Commander Adama said:

Horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, Payne good, Allen good, horrible, horrible, etc.

I think a few of the DBs will have a better chance of success under Whitt.

Jamin Davis is an interesting one to watch under the new staff.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Not surprising since they've probably has access to their former team's tape of our games. Also, they know how they've game planned against us too.  So all of them have an idea of what they've inherited. 

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Jamin Davis is an interesting one to watch under the new staff.

Jamin showed flashes in the 2nd half of last year... especially in the passing game.  I bet he'll have close to 10 sacks this year and a gang of tackles in the backfield... especially if the DTs keep him clean.

Edited by klwilkins1977
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

Jamin showed flashes in the 2nd half of last year... especially in the passing game.  I bet he'll have close to 10 sacks this year and a gang of tackles in the backfield.  

I agree. We need to extend him before the season starts, because he's finally going to be used correctly and I'd be shocked if he's not a double digit sack guy.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I agree. We need to extend him before the season starts, because he's finally going to be used correctly and I'd be shocked if he's not a double digit sack guy.

FWIW - he has another year on his rookie deal then we have a 5th year option with him in '25.  5th year is estimated $13.5 mil on Spotrac

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

FWIW - he has another year on his rookie deal then we have a 5th year option with him in '25.  It's estimated $13.5 mil on Spotrac

They would have to exercise the 5th year option at the beginning of this May.  It’s not 20 mil like an edge would be but it’s not insignificant either. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

FWIW - he has another year on his rookie deal then we have a 5th year option with him in '25.  5th year is estimated $13.5 mil on Spotrac

Yeah I know, but I think his value is going to skyrocket. He's an athletic freak and needs to be focused on the backfield and not thinking out in coverage.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

They would have to exercise the 5th year option at the beginning of this May.  It’s not 20 mil like an edge would be but it’s not insignificant either. 

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what we do there. 5th year options REALLY spike the contract up so if we exercise it, that means we're pretty confident he'll perform and want that 5th year as insurance before working out a long term deal.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Whitt might be able to save the last draft, Martin was coming on at the end but Forbes clearly had a bad rookie season

I think the draft did well for the snaps they played. Forbes got torched, but then the entire secondary did, so was that on Forbes? Later in the season (after the Patriots) he was getting breakups and playing with confidence. 

Quan got two pics off tipped balls. Sure they were tipped, but he held on. 

Strom - he was the #1 center on many boards and he barely took a snap last year none at center. And when he played he played well. I think he is a hit. Hopefully he's in the plans to stay this year. 

Daniels? maybe a miss but he could be a guard as many projected him in scouting profiles, or maybe they could do something with him

KJ Henry - He looked good. He had a sack taken away on a BS call. Clearly has some talent. 

Chris R. Has some talent and some running game, but man we lost that second giants game partially because of those red zone fumbles. but he scored those TDs late in the season before getting hurt. clearly has a positive future. 

Jones - Similar to Henry but I cant remember the highlight reel hits 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Those would just be initial evals. He said they started by having the position coaches do one line write-ups on each guy. That obviously isn’t the extent of it, they’re gonna watch every single snap. On offense they seem to be going right through the whole season front to back, Kliff said they’re on game 3 or something. Just different ways to go about it. But they’re by no means done on the defensive side, no way they stop at one sentence evaluations lol

Edited by Conn
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

They're probably just routine, barebones evaluations for now, with more thorough evaluations coming in the next few days. 

I mean our D was pretty much trash last year. You don't need to spend much time watching film to see that St. Juste is still a walking DPI, Forbes can't cover bigger guys 1 on 1 in man, the edge rush disappeared after we traded Sweat, the highly paid DTs underperformed, etc. 

Yeah, maybe so, though it being the first stage of evals wasn’t the impression I got.  Whitt was strangely upbeat having just gotten the report “easily bullied, walking PI, can’t rush, can’t rush, underperformer, underperformer, Quan’s interesting.” 😁

On a more serious note, I agree that this could be huge for Davis, but Forrest is another I’m looking forward to seeing what they can get out of.  And while I’ve kind of written him off, Butler is guy that could potentially benefit from clarity of coaching.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

They may need to wait and see if he stays out of trouble this offseason, he’s done some stupid **** in the past and is still in the middle of those legal proceedings right? Needs to prove he’s grown up and has his focus on being great. 

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

Those would just be initial evals. He said they started by having the position coaches do one line write-ups on each guy. That obviously isn’t the extent of it, they’re gonna watch every single snap. On offense they seems to be going right through the whole season, Kliff said they’re on game 3 or something. Just different ways to go about it. But they’re by no means done on the defensive side, no way they stop at one sentence evaluations lol

What you’re saying makes sense of course, but it sure sounded to me like he said we finished in-house roster evals… not “we started roster evals”.  

Probably a moot point though - while they have a lot of work to do constructing a scheme, seeing where guys fit, seeing what they need and getting into the draft… surely they wind up spending some more time on their current guys.  Also, I imagine our player personnel team was relied on heavily, as opposed to position coaches (who’ve literally just been hired) zooming through film.

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah I know, but I think his value is going to skyrocket. He's an athletic freak and needs to be focused on the backfield and not thinking out in coverage.

I dont see Davis being used primarily as a rusher - I think he can be used more in that way but he's still going to be an off the ball backer who's main contribution will be coming up to fill a gap against the run and taking care of the hook and flat zones in coverage. I would want to try to extend him rather than pay him that option - but it would be a tough deal to do because that option pays him more than I would want a per year average to be on a long term deal for a good but not great backer.

• Like 2