Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Dude, Johnson is not a lock. There is an interview competition between the best OC and DC in the league right now and FO and management will make the call.  

Why is it so important for you to convince everyone else of this?  Could save a lot of time to just unleash one big "I told you so!" if they go Macdonald rather than fight every inch until it's over with...

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

I could understand going for it if they had cheeseman and slye, but Dan Campbell has a league average long snapper and kicker, dude bought into his own hype, started liking the smell of his own farts to much. 

Edited by mac8887

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Not totally.  Being aggressive is good but not overly agressive like he is this BIG of a game. 

Dude, he hits on 20 in blackjack.  There’s aggressive and there’s Campbell.  

1 minute ago, klwilkins1977 said:

Having faith in your guys to get a first down..  and if they can't having faith your D won't give up points is the ultimate 'I trust my guys to have the game put in their hands' message ever.  

There’s having faith and there’s being wreckless.  Dude is wreckless.

• Like 1

Just now, Bifflog said:

Why is it so important for you to convince everyone else of this?  Could save a lot of time to just unleash one big "I told you so!" if they go Macdonald rather than fight every inch until it's over with...

My goodness.  😆

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dude, he hits on 20 in blackjack.  There’s aggressive and there’s Campbell.  

There’s having faith and there’s being wreckless.  Dude is wreckless.

There are 3 or 4 games Campbell has won this year because of being aggressive.  Don't you think?  :)  

Just now, RWJ said:

My goodness.  😆

I'm just saying, don't even necessarily disagree with your premise, it feels like protesting too much.  Nothing wrong with having your guy, all good!

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Dude, Johnson is not a lock. There is an interview competition between the best OC and DC in the league right now and FO and management will make the call.  

I hate to say it but it’s true , Ben Johnson going to Seattle might end up more appealing . they literally have a better offense and some talented defenders to work with. Plus a proven organization and less media problems since we all know espn/nfl and even our own radio hosts love to bash us .

Just now, Commander202 said:

I hate to say it but it’s true , Ben Johnson going to Seattle might end up more appealing . they literally have a better offense and some talented defenders to work with. Plus a proven organization and less media problems since we all know espn/nfl and even our own radio hosts love to bash us .

Nah, we are in the driver's seat I truly believe.  We have everything lined up perfectly.  Our owner has done a great job hiring the advisory team and Adam Peters and setting up the interview process.  I love both MacDonald and Johnson.  Best man wins and send us to NFC Championship games and SBs in the future. We are fortunate to be able to interview both Mac tomorrow and then Johnson on Tuesday with Weaver as a possible DC.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

The announcers pretty much said ben is on his way to Washington, I imagine it's pretty close to a done deal. Probably bringing in macdonald to ask about his assistants to see if it would be worth it to poach any to be our dc

Edited by mac8887

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Lost some as well, including this one.

True.  He was over aggressive in this, the biggest game of his career as HC. Understood.  Great HC and will win many more with the Lions. :)  

1 hour ago, skinsmania123 said:

He is not doing ****.  And on top of that the announcer said something to the effect how ineffective their 4 man rush is. Sound familiar?  

One quote I focused on was the fact that Johnson listens to his players and makes adjustments.  See I never thought Bienemy would do that. He is just sort of rigid. 

Greg Olson called him a " premiere player in this league. " Lololol.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Riggo-toni said:

Johnson called a good 2nd half, but the WRs kept dropping passes, and Goff missed some key throws 

Johnson called a great game period!  He's the best OC in the NFL as far as I am concerned. :)  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

True.  He was over aggressive in this, the biggest game of his career as HC. Understood.  Great HC and will win many more with the Lions. :)  

I think he’s a prime example of a guy that shouldn’t “keep being who he is”.  As a dude, sure.  But he’s too emotional on gameday and makes rash aggressive decisions.  Hes got to learn to reign it in and be strategic.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think he’s a prime example of a guy that shouldn’t “keep being who he is”.  As a dude, sure.  But he’s too emotional on gameday and makes rash aggressive decisions.  Hes got to learn to reign it in and be strategic.

True.  He will.  Look at what he has done thus far though, BFS.  :)  

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Don't know whether this was already posted but...

It was HigSkin.  Worked out perfectly with Harris, Peters and leadership.  Next, we get to meet with Johnson on Tuesday and then we name one of them as HC.  :)  

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

I wouldn't put to much into what JP "Hollywood" Finlay says.  Just saying.  :)  

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

Bingo!  John is spot on!  :)  

• Like 1

They better ask Ben Johnson what he would do in those obvious field goal kicking situations. Also, he called a good game but that running play with a minute left was a real headscratcher and I'm not a fan of trick plays when the offense it rolling.

Having said that, can't go wrong with him or Ravens DC. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 3

Worked out perfectly for us. Johnson comes out looking great, 30 points in the NFCC game against the 49ers and stays hungry for a SB. Campbell comes out “the bad guy” for his aggressiveness on 4th downs. We can hire Johnson on Tuesday. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1