Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

I don’t think so.  He is their DL Coach/Assistant HC.  Which is a higher position, a Coordinator or an Assistant HC?  Seems like he would only leave for a HC job.

DC is a step up from DL coach.  That assistant HC doesn't matter.  I've been standing on the table for him since they first interviewed.  Go listen to some of his interviews.  He's a great coach and man.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

I don’t think so.  He is their DL Coach/Assistant HC.  Which is a higher position, a Coordinator or an Assistant HC?  Seems like he would only leave for a HC job.

Not sure about that, but how about DC/assistant HC next Monday (if it matters) ?

"We’re all learning on the fly about Commanders owner Josh Harris, who was accompanied by one of his limited partners, Mitchell Rales, at this week’s league meetings in Dallas. And one thing I learned down in Texas over the last few days could at least color how the next couple of months go with the new owners and their team—

Harris likes how the Commanders’ beltway rivals from Baltimore do business." Link

About Glenn fwiw

Aaron Glenn Highest-Rated Coordinator in NFL

Detroit Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn was the top-rated NFL defensive coordinator, according to a recent survey among players.

The NFL Players Association acquired over 1,700 ratings, examining how players felt about the coordinators they play for on a scale of 1-10. 

Detroit's third-year defensive coordinator is quite popular among the Lions' defensive roster. His no-nonsense, but caring approach makes him quite easy to play for and respect. 

Safety C.J. Gardner-Johnson views Glenn like a parental figure, and his ability to turn around Detroit's defense in a short period of time has been stellar. 

Detroit's defense was ranked near the bottom of the league in 2022, but has made significant strides in nearly all defensive metrics in 2023.

Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson interestingly was not rated in the top five among players. 

Johnson noted a couple of weeks ago that Glenn should be asked about becoming a future head coach. He has regularly been asked about his coaching future, due to the success of the Lions' offense. 

"He’s a guy that we should be asking about head coaching. That guy, what he’s done, he’s phenomenal. He’s going to be a phenomenal head football coach when he gets the opportunity to do that," Johnson said of his coordinator counterpart. "And, I think when you bring those types of questions up, you need to make sure you’re asking them to him as well. But, the focus right now is on the Minnesota Vikings. 

"That’s all we care about, and like I said before, we are obligated to each other to keep our focus on the main thing.”

Dave Fipp, meanwhile, was voted as the No. 4-ranked special teams coordinator.

Edited by FrFan
  • Thanks 1

If the Falcons can present a coherent and compelling plan to go out and acquire a legit franchise QB this offseason, they are probably a more attractive destination for an HC *short term* just given all the weapons they have on offense.  Their defense is also better than ours.

However, I think we are the more attractive option long term given the new ownership/GM and draft currency / cap space.  Hopefully Johnson agrees.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I think they want to kick the tires on Johnson but their preference is New England's former coach. 

Thought I saw some chatter that FO and Ownership are at odds on this point, but could be wrong.

EDIT:

https://nypost.com/2024/01/22/sports/falcons-front-office-against-hiring-bill-belichick-bill-simmons/

Edited by Bifflog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

DC is a step up from DL coach.  That assistant HC doesn't matter.  I've been standing on the table for him since they first interviewed.  Go listen to some of his interviews.  He's a great coach and man.

I love that Weaver was a 7 year NFL player, including four years on the Ed Reed/Ray Lewis Baltimore defense. He's been coaching since 2010, was Houston's D Coordinator in 2020, and has now spent 3 years coaching the elite Baltimore defense including Run Game Coordinating duties in 2021 and an Assistant HC role since 2022.

Highly-pedigreed as a player and coach, experienced, seems fiery... I would love Weaver as DC in DC! 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I love that Weaver was a 7 year NFL player, including four years on the Ed Reed/Ray Lewis Baltimore defense. He's been coaching since 2010, was Houston's D Coordinator in 2020, and has now spent 3 years coaching the elite Baltimore defense including Run Game Coordinating duties in 2021 and an Assistant HC role since 2022.

Highly-pedigreed as a player and coach, experienced, seems fiery... I would love Weaver as DC in DC! 

I like Glenn too but I think Weaver has the upside due to his resume, and I suspect some sort of cronyism if we hire Glenn after Johnson.

Edited by FrFan

17 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

Working in Baltimore City I get the luxury of being surrounded by Browns 2.0 fans all the time, in fact I had this discussion with a co-worker last night working our shift that Mike McDonald has a great shot of becoming our next HC and he mentioned that Anthony Weaver if/when McDonald moves on to become a HC that Weaver is stepping right up to the DC… another tidbit he threw at me though was there’s a lot of steam picking up that Mike McDonald is kinda in the same set up degree as Jason Garrett was w/the Boys….that when John Harbaugh retires that Mike McDonald is his apparent successor… all speculation but I do see Weaver staying put in Baltimore unless a team hires him as a HC… he isn’t leaving that great gig for another coordinator job when he has 1 lined up already for the Browns 2.0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Command The 414 said:

Working in Baltimore City I get the luxury of being surrounded by Browns 2.0 fans all the time, in fact I had this discussion with a co-worker last night working our shift that Mike McDonald has a great shot of becoming our next HC and he mentioned that Anthony Weaver if/when McDonald moves on to become a HC that Weaver is stepping right up to the DC… another tidbit he threw at me though was there’s a lot of steam picking up that Mike McDonald is kinda in the same set up degree as Jason Garrett was w/the Boys….that when John Harbaugh retires that Mike McDonald is his apparent successor… all speculation but I do see Weaver staying put in Baltimore unless a team hires him as a HC… he isn’t leaving that great gig for another coordinator job when he has 1 lined up already for the Browns 2.0

Is there any chatter that Harbaugh would retire anytime soon? He's 61, which these days is relatively young...

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Is there any signs that Harbaugh would retire anytime soon? He's 61, which these days is relatively young...

1 could guess that should the Ravens win another SB here in a few weeks that his leash is getting shorter…(on his terms as he wouldn’t be getting fired)  he would definitely go out on top but nothing in like a year or 2 I would figure … I live 6miles across the Md/Pa line Carroll County and I get Pa news… so I’m only relying on what I hear from Co-workers being I work in Baltimore City and read online from WBAL and all that… 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

If the Falcons can present a coherent and compelling plan to go out and acquire a legit franchise QB this offseason, they are probably a more attractive destination for an HC *short term* just given all the weapons they have on offense.  Their defense is also better than ours.

However, I think we are the more attractive option long term given the new ownership/GM and draft currency / cap space.  Hopefully Johnson agrees.

In the NFL everything is short term if you don’t/can’t win. 

JP Finlay thinks Johnson is coming here, and it it’s DC and the report is true, that’s cool for Fraley, who is a Gaithersburg native, and it’s cool for BMitch, who played with Fraley in Philly.

And, apparently, it’s going to be great for the fans, because Old Man Yelling At Cloud alert: Brian knows that unlike what happened with EB, if players have issue with Fraley’s work ethic, they ain’t staying.

“What I love about that is you have an O-lineman, tough guy, undrafted guy, earned everything he got,” JP said, “and the Lions have an identity of ‘we’re gonna try to kick your ass.’ Maybe that starts with Dan Campbell, but Fraley’s tough. He started 15 games as a rookie on a playoff team!”

“Hank’s smart and tough; he came in with not as much talent as everyone else, but he was a fighter who would go after you,” BMitch replied. “Hank could be that bad cop for Ben Johnson. I messed with him a lot, and he was able to take it and give it back. I could see anybody that did not want to work, him telling them to get their ‘s’ and start walking.”“

Johnson can’t interview in person until Monday anyway, so it’s going to be a bit until this is all resolved – and, yeah, Tischler doesn’t think that’s anything to be worried about.

“Entirely unconcerned. From the beginning we knew this was going to have to be a patient search with a wide-ranging view, and the fact that some of the top candidates are still in the playoffs means there’s not much they can do unless they want to settle,” Tischler said. “They’re doing it the right way, and I’m happy to wait for all of the candidates to be available in person for them to be their due diligence. If they get shut out of those guys and have to go back into the mix, maybe it will be something to be a little concerned about, but I think with the Adam Peters signing, you gave a signal to the NFL of how folks are looking at this franchise.”

Oh, and there’s no reason for people to be upset, concerned, worried, or anything else that Bieniemy actually got an interview, knowing perhaps it doesn’t satisfy Rooney Rule requirements.

“There’s no one that knows more about the current roster and the players than Eric, who spent the entire year here in a leadership role,” Tischler said. “I hope he spent hours with Adam Peters and company and they grilled him about everybody he had a read on.”

“And make sure they find out everybody who complained about working, and let them go too!” BMitch replied.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

More importantly, Fraley is a former NFL Center and has been coaching OL. The Center position is incredibly important and having an expert coordinating Johnson's run-heavy offense could do wonders. A potentially "super smart" pick at the OC spot.

• Like 1

Just now, CapsSkins said:

More importantly, Fraley is a former NFL Center and has been coaching OL. The Center position is incredibly important and having an expert coordinating Johnson's run-heavy offense could do wonders. A potentially "super smart" pick at the OC spot.

Keim isn't super specific but the vibe I continue to get from him is Ben Johnson is the favorite but don't rule out Quinn or Raheem Morris. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Weaver but not MacDonald is interesting. Perhaps MacDonald is expected to go somewhere else, or maybe they want to vet Weaver for a potential DC opening if they believe one of Johnson/Quinn/Morris will be the HC.

It's possible Macdonald wants to stay in Baltimore or doesn't feel he's ready to be a HC. But I assume he would want to take an interview for the experience.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim isn't super specific but the vibe I continue to get from him is Ben Johnson is the favorite but don't rule out Quinn or Raheem Morris. 

I understand having an open and competitive process, but there is also lots of posturing going on for a variety of reasons. In any case, I believe it will ultimately be moot. But we'll see.

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

Sounds like BS considering they haven't even conducted their in-person interview yet.

100% BS Caps, well said!!

Edited by UK Skins
Sorry that should be Caps!