Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

9 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

There are no good guys in this story. It's like A Clockwork Orange.

Wow.  That's a pull.  That movie might be the most ****ed up movie of all time.  It just goes from one cringe worthy scene to a more cringe worthy scene.  

Eeegads.  It took YEARS for me to be able to listen to Beethoven again, and I was a conducting major in college and played and conducted a lot of Beethoven.  

2 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

He does look like an ad for the Bachelor where then cut to a bunch of stone cold hotties swooning over him in annoying voices.

And then bawling their eyes out over being rejected by the love of their life...who they'd known about 6 weeks.

18 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Where is all the Rhaeem love coming from? He sucked as HC in Tampa and has not been very good DC with the Rams. The Rams want him gone so they can bring Brandon Staley back. This PR effort by McVay and Demioff is self serving for them.  They benefit massively if Rhaheem gets a HC gig. 

He was #5 in the NFLPA's Defensive Coordinator rankings voted by the players. 

He also just matched wits with Ben Johnson to a virtual tie, 24-23.  I the Rams offense hadn't stalled out 3 times in the redzone, they would have won that game and a lot of people would have credited Morris' defense for holding the Lions to 24 points in a win.  

He's done pretty well with the Rams at DC.  

Also, his HC tenure was over 10 years ago, he got the job when he was 32.  People can grow and develop in their 30's and 40's.

I think he deserves a second chance.  I don't think it will be here.  But the league and players see him as a really good coach, he has a magnetic personality, and he's had a lot of experience after his first head coaching gig.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think he deserves a second chance.  I don't think it will be here.  But the league and players see him as a really good coach, he has a magnetic personality, and he's had a lot of experience after his first head coaching gig.  

I do as well along with Dan Quinn but at the stage this team is in, total rebuild, new rookie QB and probably a 70% or more player turnover I don’t think Morris or Quinn is best suited for that… I think they’ll thrive and be best served with a more established team like Morris to Falcons and Quinn to Seahawks… just my opinion…

Edited by Command The 414

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He was #5 in the NFLPA's Defensive Coordinator rankings voted by the players. 

He also just matched wits with Ben Johnson to a virtual tie, 24-23.  I the Rams offense hadn't stalled out 3 times in the redzone, they would have won that game and a lot of people would have credited Morris' defense for holding the Lions to 24 points in a win.  

He's done pretty well with the Rams at DC.  

Also, his HC tenure was over 10 years ago, he got the job when he was 32.  People can grow and develop in their 30's and 40's.

Agree with all of this. People are really quick to dismiss “retreads”, candidates who have had head coaching opportunities in the past and failed. But there is a ton that has to go right for an organization to the successful longterm, and people who have been elevated to the role and experienced it not working absolutely have a better appreciation of what is needed than those getting their first opportunity. That’s really valuable experience imo. As much as everyone wants to find a Mcvay, maybe an Andy Reid ends up being the right answer. 

24 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

He does look like an ad for the Bachelor where then cut to a bunch of stone cold hotties swooning over him in annoying voices.

Get ready for the most dramatic season yet! 🌹 Join current Washington Commanders General Manager, Adam Peters, on an exhilarating journey to discover the next coaching sensation. From the war room to the field, witness the nail-biting decisions that will shape the future of the Washington Commanders. Will Jason Peters find the perfect match to lead his team to victory?  Forget Roses - bring your champagne and be prepared to toast the end of the Snyder era with a touch of drama as the ultimate search commences. Don't miss a single moment – the game is on!

13 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Someone needs to make a parody video of this, only with him holding a rose and some of the available head coach candidates replacing the women lol...

Put him in a hot tub with Ben Johnson and Bobby Slowick

Edited by DiscoBob
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

As much as everyone wants to find a Mcvay, maybe an Andy Reid ends up being the right answer. 

I hope your not referring to Morris in the same sentence as Reid? Reid was a proven winner with multiple NFC championships and Super Bowl appearances w/Eagles, Reid wasn’t let go from Eagles cause his teams were bad or he was bad, they needed a new voice… Morris short stint w/Tampa was horrible… not even a comparison between the 2 imho… Reid wasn’t a retread but a seasoned proven winner… and just cause the Bill Belichick‘s have won after being fired there are far more names we can mention of those who were just as bad in their 2nd stop then they were in their first…and the only 2 coaches that are similar to a Reid are Bill Belichick (who we know isn’t the coach he was/is with Brady)  & Quinn (but he only had 1 SB w/Falcons & that was a cluster)

Edited by Command The 414

11 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Someone needs to make a parody video of this, only with him holding a rose and some of the available head coach candidates replacing the women lol...

I asked CHATGPT to handle this for me.

[The stage is set with five representatives standing beside their respective team podiums. Adam Peters walks in confidently, holding a single rose.]

Adam Peters: Good evening, everyone. It's been an incredible journey, getting to know each of your amazing teams. You've all shown me great potential, and I've had a hard time making my decision. But, the time has come.

[The representatives look on anxiously.]

Adam: Atlanta, your passion for the game is undeniable. Carolina, your commitment to building a strong team foundation is impressive. LA Chargers, your innovative strategies are truly inspiring. And Titans, your dedication to excellence is remarkable.

[The representatives nod, acknowledging his compliments.]

Adam: However, there's one team that stood out, a team that not only showed great potential but also a deep understanding of what I'm looking for in this partnership.

[The representatives look around nervously. Adam takes a deep breath.]

Adam: Washington, will you accept this rose and make me your new General Manager?

[The Washington representative steps forward, beaming with excitement.]

Washington Rep: Yes, Adam! We are thrilled to have you lead our team to victory!

[Adam hands the rose to the Washington representative. The other teams applaud respectfully, though visibly disappointed.]

Adam: I'm excited to embark on this new journey with Washington. To the rest of you, thank you for your incredible offers. I have no doubt you'll find the right person for your teams.

[The representatives congratulate Adam and the Washington representative. Adam and the Washington rep shake hands firmly, sealing the deal.]

Adam: Now, let's get to work and bring a championship to Washington!

[The stage lights dim as everyone exits, except for Adam and the Washington representative, who are seen discussing plans with enthusiasm.]

image.png

• Haha 9

7 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

Get ready for the most dramatic season yet! 🌹 Join current Washington Commanders General Manager, Jason Peters, on an exhilarating journey to discover the next coaching sensation. From the war room to the field, witness the nail-biting decisions that will shape the future of the Washington Commanders. Will Jason Peters find the perfect match to lead his team to victory?  Forget Roses - bring your champagne and be prepared to toast the end of the Snyder era with a touch of drama as the ultimate search commences. Don't miss a single moment – the game is on!

Put him in a hot tub with Ben Johnson and Bobby Slowick

I sincerely hope we have Adam Peters doing this and not Jason. lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

Dallas is in the same boat. They both built for a SB run and failed miserably. The Giants are just miserable. The NFCE will be available to win next year imo.

What's more, it's not like the Cowboys and Eagles lost in agonizing last-second defeats. They were thoroughly handled from start to finish by teams that barely made the playoffs. That's indicative of something really wrong with both.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Wait, wouldn't this be you, with your editing abilities and whatnot?  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I hope your not referring to Morris in the same sentence as Reid? Reid was a proven winner with multiple NFC championships and Super Bowl appearances w/Eagles, Reid wasn’t let go from Eagles cause his teams were bad or he was bad, they needed a new voice… Morris short stint w/Tampa was horrible… not even a comparison between the 2 imho… Reid wasn’t a retread but a seasoned proven winner… and just cause the Bill Belichick‘s have won after being fired there are far more names we can mention of those who were just as bad in their 2nd stop then they were in their first…

Not comparing any candidates, just noting a preference not to disqualify people solely based on having previous head coaching experience. Reid might not be the best example given his long tenure at the Eagles, but across the league there is absolutely a trend to hire young, up and coming coaches, and if you commit to only doing that you could miss on someone experienced and good. 

2 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I think Gruden needs to stay off the sauce.

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I think he needs to stay off the internet.

I disagree with both of you.  If we had to live through his atrocious coaching, the least he can do is get liquored up and post stuff on the internet for our amusement.  

• Haha 8

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I disagree with both of you.  If we had to live through his atrocious coaching, the least he can do is get liquored up and post stuff on the internet for our amusement.  

I really hope he claps back at RGIII

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, profusion said:

What's more, it's not like the Cowboys and Eagles lost in agonizing last-second defeats. They were thoroughly handled from start to finish by teams that barely made the playoffs. That's indicative of something really wrong with both.

I watched the Eagles post game show. They actually do a nice job with it. Not happy to say the least, Seth Joyner does a good job on it. All calling for Siriani to get the axe.