Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Tomlin is 51.

If he's a dinosaur I suddenly feel very very old.

I laugh.  I get ya but it's a number.  We make the best of the road that is presented to us and look up and not down.  :)  🙏

5 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

How does Andy Reid get left out of this dinosaur category?

This category is being overthought.

It is a new era of football and very few names still in the game left from the previous one, especially from a HC standpoint.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

It is a new era of football and very few names still in the game left from the previous one, especially from a HC standpoint.

yeah, that was my point and I agree.  In the sense the game has passed them by so to speak.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Both the older guys who are still around, Belichick, Harbaugh, Reid, Tomlin if you want to count him, are all winners at the highest level.  

• Like 1

Then there's Sean payton, Mike mcarthy, I could go on.

Lol.

there's definitely a changing of the guard going on right now but there's still plenty of successful coaches in the nfl that would Qualify as dinosaurs before Tomlin would.

Edited by redskinss

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The game has not passed Tomlin by.  They just won 10 games and made the playoff with 3 of the worst QBs in the league.  

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2024/01/10/adam-schefter-jay-glazer-reports-art-rooney-ii/stories/202401100039

A new leadership voice would benefit the Steelers. Their marriage with Tomlin has lasted 17 years, an eternity in the NFL. Hall of Fame coach Bill Walsh once said no coach should stay longer than 10 years with one team, that the coach’s message gets tired and stale.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2024/01/10/adam-schefter-jay-glazer-reports-art-rooney-ii/stories/202401100039

A new leadership voice would benefit the Steelers. Their marriage with Tomlin has lasted 17 years, an eternity in the NFL. Hall of Fame coach Bill Walsh once said no coach should stay longer than 10 years with one team, that the coach’s message gets tired and stale.

He made the playoffs with arguably the worst QB play in the league and in the toughest division. He aint goin nowhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I get what your saying, I just think we're teasing a little based off the use of the word dinosaur but there's no doubt that after a while a coach usually does need a change of scenery.

Look at the complete revitalization of Andy Reid career after leaving Philly.

I'm sure Tomlin and the steelers would benefit from a change.

• Like 1

Just now, redskinss said:

I get what your saying, I just think we're teasing a little based off the use of the word dinosaur but there's no doubt that after a while a coach usually does need a change of scenery.

Look at the complete revitalization of Andy Reid career after leaving Philly.

I'm sure Tomlin and the steelers would benefit from a change.

Yeah, much like that "Patriot Way" crap up in NE.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

yeah, that was my point and I agree.  In the sense the game has passed them by so to speak.

Yea I wouldn't say game has passed by Reid or Harbaugh, but their QBs are playing lights out same time Tomlin and BB are struggling to find one.

Carroll knew it was time, that's who I thought of immediately with your post.  Sometimes it's good to get out before folks start calling you the villian.

20 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Both the older guys who are still around, Belichick, Harbaugh, Reid, Tomlin if you want to count him, are all winners at the highest level.  

No doubt big reason still around.

Saw McCarthy name and Sean Payton.

That's 6, what about the other 26?  Is Kyle OG status yet?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Owner involvement never works.  Let your VP of FB OPS and a GM and HC do their job.

The owner is always going to be involved to some extent. You dont spend 6 billion dollars to own a company and have no input at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Ha, dinosaur in the league not age!

Wait. Is your point that guys that have been in the league for a while, can't or won't be able to win or ... ?

Because,  you said this:

Anybody else feel there's a changing of the guard going on with football in general? 

I think it's needed to be more relatable to the younger players.

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The owner is always going to be involved to some extent. You dont spend 6 billion dollars to own a company and have no input at all. 

I think they should let the men they pay do their jobs.  When it comes to firing and hiring, Ok.  Not making FB decisions.  JMO. Bud. :) 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

It's pretty clear that Seattle pushed him out versus this is what he wanted.

I can't imagine any of the top HC candidates would want the previous guy around in any capacity. Seems like a boneheaded move. They're paying Carroll either way.