Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

5 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Great news! We will be willing to listen to all trade requests!

Why? He’s getting fired on Monday like everyone else.  He’ll be to do whatever he wants.

If Bears are retaining Eberflus, they are likely retaining Fields.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Why? He’s getting fired on Monday like everyone else.  He’ll be to do whatever he wants.

First, it was me joking mostly and I do not want him.

Second, he is a signed asset. We are not forced to fire him until the new GM makes that decision. If others have interest in him they can request the teams permission to interview and make an offer if they wanted to sign him.

37 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Why do you say that? I think they'll take Caleb. Rookie contract, higher ceiling, and Poles didn't draft Fields.  

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

Biggest mistake in ALL F.O.s, IMO is having a HC do the job of a GM.  Two totally different jobs that take 100 % devotion of time and effort that one man can't do.  Years ago, maybe but I don't' think today.  We need a solid VP of Football Ops and a GM, then a HC.  JMO.  Now, TNC.  Who do you think fits here in Washington and would be willing to be a GM to a VP of Football OPS who has more power than the GM?  Curios to hear your reply back and thoughts.  :)  

I would say, in that case, the GM would probably be someone who wants to focus mainly on talent evaluation and roster building.

Let’s say that someone like the rumored Dawn Aponte is named President of Football Ops (or similar title).  They could oversee all football related departments, make sure everyone is working together smoothly, be the cap and CBA expert, and do a lot of the contract negotiating.

That would free up the GM to focus mainly on scouting, player evaluation, and roster building type stuff.  So GM would probably be someone with a very strong background in scouting.  That could be a lot of guys, but some notable possibilities are:

-Adam Peters, Assistant GM, 49ers

-Ian Cunningham, Assistant GM, Bears

-Ed Dodds, Assistant GM, Colts

-Mike Borgonzi, Assistant GM, Chiefs

-Joe Hortiz, Director of Player Personnel, Ravens

-John Spytek, Assistant GM, Buccaneers 

I’m sure there are many more.  These are just some of the more notable guys with a scouting background who look good to me.

4 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

I would say, in that case, the GM would probably be someone who wants to focus mainly on talent evaluation and roster building.

Let’s say that someone like the rumored Dawn Aponte is named President of Football Ops (or similar title).  They could oversee all football related departments, make sure everyone is working together smoothly, be the cap and CBA expert, and do a lot of the contract negotiating.

That would free up the GM to focus mainly on scouting, player evaluation, and roster building type stuff.  So GM would probably be someone with a very strong background in scouting.  That could be a lot of guys, but some notable possibilities are:

-Adam Peters, Assistant GM, 49ers

-Ian Cunningham, Assistant GM, Bears

-Ed Dodds, Assistant GM, Colts

-Mike Borgonzi, Assistant GM, Chiefs

-Joe Hortiz, Director of Player Personnel, Ravens

-John Spytek, Assistant GM, Buccaneers 

I’m sure there are many more.  These are just some of the more notable guys with a scouting background who look good to me.

Those names have been tied to us.  I would never bull jive anyone unless I said I was kidding and in this case I am not. I have never heard of Dawn Aponte in my life until she was mentioned in a tweet and then I read about her in a Ben Standig article.  She has great qualifications, and she might want the GM title too.  She will be interviewed and someone highly respected.  That's good.  We need that in the organization.  Others will be interviewed.  I personally like a VP of Football Ops and a GM, then a HC.  We shall see soon enough.  :) 

3 hours ago, RWJ said:

Biggest mistake in ALL F.O.s, IMO is having a HC do the job of a GM.  Two totally different jobs that take 100 % devotion of time and effort that one man can't do.  Years ago, maybe but I don't' think today.  We need a solid VP of Football Ops and a GM, then a HC.  JMO.  Now, TNC.  Who do you think fits here in Washington and would be willing to be a GM to a VP of Football OPS who has more power than the GM?  Curios to hear your reply back and thoughts.  :)  

None, he becomes their HC.  That is all. He was our lousy OC and let him go to be there or anyone's HC.  

I don't know tbh. I think as far as HC goes there isn't enough talk about people like Frank Smith from the Dolphins, Bobby Slowik from the Texans and Todd Monken from the Ravens. Also I understand the concern about hiring a defensive minded head coach and losing your OC every few seasons but I think Macdonald absolutely has to be considered. 

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

First, it was me joking mostly and I do not want him.

Second, he is a signed asset. We are not forced to fire him until the new GM makes that decision. If others have interest in him they can request the teams permission to interview and make an offer if they wanted to sign him.

I am pretty sure Harris is making a clean break on Monday. The entire coaching staff will be released from their contracts on Monday, after Ron is fired on Monday. Josh isn’t going to tie those coaches up on the chance, the next coach will want to retain them. 

He’s making a clean break from the Snyder hires. Also, you shouldn’t want the Gm deciding the staff for his coach. Only time Gm should be involved is if a coach needs to fired.  He discusses with the head coach and tells him that he needs to make a change, or else he could be one changed.

There’s no one on Ron’s staff that next regime would want.

8 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I don't know tbh. I think as far as HC goes there isn't enough talk about people like Frank Smith from the Dolphins, Bobby Slowik from the Texans and Todd Monken from the Ravens. Also I understand the concern about hiring a defensive minded head coach and losing your OC every few seasons but I think Macdonald absolutely has to be considered. 

Let's say Dawn Aponte is the hire and it seems that it would be GM or nothing with her positions handled at this point in time. She has a lot of ties but Baltimore is not one of them.  NY and Miami are the two connections.  

Q1.  Do you see a GM coming in to work underneath her?  What Miami ties could come in a GM or would she want the whole things, VP of Football OPS/GM

Q2.  Ben Johnson was there in Miami her entire tenure there.  Quite interesting. Do you think Ben Johnson could work with her and respect her enough to be HC under her as GM?

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

Why do you say that? I think they'll take Caleb. Rookie contract, higher ceiling, and Poles didn't draft Fields.  

There’s no way Caleb will want to

play for Eberflus. He will refuse to play for Chicago.

So if Chicago is sticking with Eberflus, the will stick with Fields. Try to trade down a little and get more picks and still draft players to help Justin.

Now, if you think Chicago will draft some other qb, then ok.  I know Williams will refuse to play for Chicago if drafted. 

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Let's say Dawn Aponte is the hire and it seems that it would be GM or nothing with her positions handled at this point in time. She has a lot of ties but Baltimore is not one of them.  NY and Miami are the two connections.  

Q1.  Do you see a GM coming in to work underneath her?  What Miami ties could come in a GM or would she want the whole things, VP of Football OPS/GM

Q2.  Ben Johnson was there in Miami her entire tenure there.  Quite interesting. Do you think Ben Johnson could work with her and respect her enough to be HC under her as GM?

I’m not sure that Aponte is well suited to be a GM in the traditional sense.  She doesn’t have the background in talent evaluation.

I see her more as a President who oversees all of the football operations, and handles financial and legal stuff.  The role would oversee the GM, HC and everyone else.  Seems like that’s what it might take for her to leave her pretty high level job within the league office.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

There’s no way Caleb will want to

play for Eberflus. He will refuse to play for Chicago.

So if Chicago is sticking with Eberflus, the will stick with Fields. Try to trade down a little and get more picks and still draft players to help Justin.

Now, if you think Chicago will draft some other qb, then ok.  I know Williams will refuse to play for Chicago if drafted. 

What's Williams' beef with Eberflus? I haven't heard that.

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

What's Williams' beef with Eberflus? I haven't heard that.

There is none. Its just random BS being thrown around.

Caleb isnt pulling an Eli. He aint got that kinda clout.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

I’m not sure that Aponte is well suited to be a GM in the traditional sense.  She doesn’t have the background in talent evaluation.

I see her more as a President who oversees all of the football operations, and handles financial and legal stuff.  The role would oversee the GM, HC and everyone else.  Seems like that’s what it might take for her to leave her pretty high level job within the league office.

Yes, her background shows financial wiz shown here but she also has been a lawyer, etc.:

image.png.659332ccc8298817756455d95239f3b0.png

A VP of Football OPS has more power than a GM.  The GM reports to them.  I think she would want the whole enchilada, meaning GM too so there would be here and the HC.  Interesting thing though.  Guess who was with Miami when she was there her entire tenure?  Ben Johnson.  Just saying.  

We'll if not a GM than these article:  

NFL is long overdue for a woman in a general manager role

NFL female general manager could be coming, but only if owners step up (usatoday.com)

This year’s list included four women as GM candidates:

• Dawn Aponte, the NFL’s senior vice president for football operations (Top of The List)
  • Jacqueline Davidson, vice president for football research for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • Kelly Kleine, executive director of football operations/special advisor to the GM for the Denver Broncos
  • Catherine Raiche, assistant general manager for the Cleveland Browns

Aponte could be on track to become NFL's first female G.M. - NBC Sports     (This article back in 2013!!!)

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There is none. Its just random BS being thrown around.

Caleb isnt pulling an Eli. He aint got that kinda clout.

i actually think he could if he wanted to. And it wouldn't surprise me if he did, but I haven't heard anything to suggest he will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yes, her background shows financial wiz shown here but she also has been a lawyer, etc.:

image.png.659332ccc8298817756455d95239f3b0.png

A VP of Football OPS has more power than a GM.  The GM reports to them.  I think she would want the whole enchilada, meaning GM too so there would be here and the HC.  Interesting thing though.  Guess who was with Miami when she was there her entire tenure?  Ben Johnson.  Just saying.  

We'll if not a GM than these article:  

NFL is long overdue for a woman in a general manager role

NFL female general manager could be coming, but only if owners step up (usatoday.com)

This year’s list included four women as GM candidates:

• Dawn Aponte, the NFL’s senior vice president for football operations (Top of The List)
  • Jacqueline Davidson, vice president for football research for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  • Kelly Kleine, executive director of football operations/special advisor to the GM for the Denver Broncos
  • Catherine Raiche, assistant general manager for the Cleveland Browns

Aponte could be on track to become NFL's first female G.M. - NBC Sports     (This article back in 2013!!!)

I’m not sure why she would want the GM title also.

If someone like her, someone without any notable scouting/player evaluation background, held the GM title, then who would be in charge of player personnel decisions?  A Director of Player Personnel or something like that?

That does not sound like a great setup because you aren’t going to attract top level talent evaluators who are looking for that GM title.

Maybe there are other teams that have a similar management structure to that and I’m just ignorant of it?  Seems like it makes a lot more sense to have some scouting acumen in that GM role though.

Edited by Curtisp5286

7 minutes ago, Curtisp5286 said:

I’m not sure why she would want the GM title also.

If someone like her, someone without any notable scouting/player evaluation background, held the GM title, then who would be in charge of player personnel decisions?  A Director of Player Personnel or something like that?

That does not sound like a great setup because you aren’t going to attract top level talent evaluators who are looking for that GM title.

Maybe there are other teams that have a similar management structure to that and I’m just ignorant of it?  Seems like it makes a lot more sense to have some scouting acumen in that GM role though.

Bottom line, Curtis you read the title of the articles dating back to 2013 about her becoming a GM.  Just putting that researched info out there for you.  

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yes, but not to the Commanders, I don't think.  He wants full control and I don't think Harris and Co. Give it to him.  

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yes, but not to the Commanders, I don't think.  He wants full control and I don't think Harris and Co. Give it to him.  

I agree. Just thought it was interesting. My money is on him going to the Chargers if he’s actually serious about coming back to the NFL, and isn’t just putting out rumors for leverage in negotiations on his next contract at Michigan. 

3 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Just can’t see them not drafting Harrison JR. Fields also has finished this season strong.

Edited by Commander202