Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

10 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

So if we lose next week are we locked in the 2 pick?

A loss next week guarantees us no lower than #3.  The difference between #2 and #3 will be determined by strength of schedule between us and the Pats (unless the Pats beat the Jets, which is very possible)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Veretax said:

It's entirely possible that every quarterback at the top of the draft this year is not going to make it much past their second contract. So that's why we shouldn't trade too many pics so we build the rest of the team

years where QBs were drafted 1-2-3 haven't had great luck, usually producing only one really good NFL QB

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Mike Tomlin is a an outstanding coaches. 

Appears as though his big mistake this season was allowing Trubisky to have a uniform. 

Yes. I know people here dont want a defensive coach. But i would take Tomlin in a heartbeat. He has struggled with finding offensive coordinators. But he is a master motivator of men. You cant learn that. He is just a natural leader. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MrJL said:

years where QBs were drafted 1-2-3 haven't had great luck, usually producing only one really good NFL QB

That doesn’t really mean anything, the hit rate is low across the board at QB. What you’re talking about is just noise from selection bias. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Chiefs just took the lead.  

How can the Chargers be so bad with a good QB?

Good QBs can’t carry a team on their own. The Chiefs are learning that this year, too.

But they are a valuable weapon to help tilt the scales a bit.

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Yes. I know people here dont want a defensive coach. But i would take Tomlin in a heartbeat. He has struggled with finding offensive coordinators. But he is a master motivator of men. You cant learn that. He is just a natural leader. 

And he threw 17 year old me out of a common TV room at William and Mary.  

Friends for life.  

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Good QBs can’t carry a team on their own. The Chiefs are learning that this year, too.

But they are a valuable weapon to help tilt the scales a bit.

Agreed.  But I didn’t think the Chargers were this bad:  

• Haha 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

yeah when Trubisky was a FA I went back and watched a bunch of games and i was beyond unimpressed. Glad he didn’t end up here.

I was with you on that one.  

Though I MIGHT have been wrong saying he was a better option than Hallock.  

He is not a worse option but they both might be tied for “should not be given a jersey.”

46 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I agree with this totally that injury. It sucks because if he did not get injured last 10 years would have been diffrent

That’s an understatement, imagine still having Dad Shanahan and most of his young staff still intact.  Franchise QB RG3 still playing today instead of ESPN (I can’t stand his arrogant ass on ESPN), son Shanahan doesn’t blow a superbowl in Atlanta, McVay still the QB coach. Mike McDaniels still a nerdy offensive assistant… oh and Snyder is still the owner! 

Here’s a thought, would you rather have Synder here with a championship under Shanahan or current state?🤔