Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

If Williams is gone do we take Mayeor MHJ?

It will be QB. Whether that will be Maye depends on a lot of info we don’t have yet. We will not be standing pat and taking a WR at #2 (or #3) with potential franchise QBs around 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

No, the olinemen are turnstiles...and I've seen Leno basically end a game for us this year down the stretch nearly by himself.  It's as bad as it looks and needs help.

It starts with the LT 100%

LT, C, RT as the G position can be transitional for a rookie or aging vet.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

yep and he's no CJ Stroud (just watch the games)

he will need a year or more of work and it won't be pretty

don't expect McLaurin to hang around here for that

A little premature to say that, nobody knew Stroud would immediately do this. Sometimes you get a guy in the building with good coaching and he just excels and has a mind for it. You really don’t know until you get the guy with the physical skillset into the scheme and see. Stroud is a great example. Herbert before him as well. Basically instantly elite or flashing it big time, and nobody knew that would happen. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Conn said:

Pointless bait to cause an argument over whether Herbert or Tua was “blue chip”, nobody gives a ****.

You recognized this and I am proud of you!

26 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

RR: "Logan Thomas please".

LT: " This is him". 

RR: " Hey Logan, it's coach Rivera of the Washington Commanders, how you doin?

LT: "Ummmm, I'm good, just ready to ball out".

RR: "You ready to start at QB vs the Dallas Cowboys next week in my last ever game as a head coach in the National Football League?"

LT: "Ummm, OK, you know I'm a TE though right?"

RR: "EB tells me you're our emergency QB and this is an emergency so we're counting on you to win us this game next week".

LT:  "I'm ready coach."

This is the funniest post you've made on the board.  

tipofthecap.gif.213fdde11c48f75c61aedd8ee5990149.gif

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

thisclose.gif.75fbcd9696213d9ac18caa67ff78ade3.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Veretax said:

Okay I might be wrong on this but when you look at me and you compare him to howl when they were in college at the same point do they compare? Cuz it's so I definitely don't want

If they did we wouldn't be talking about taking him with the second pick.

Howell was a 5th rounder don't forget. 

Just now, Veretax said:

Okay I might be wrong on this but when you look at me and you compare him to howl when they were in college at the same point do they compare? Cuz it's so I definitely don't want

Why don’t you just use the search function on this site and read some of the breakdowns members here have posted about the QB prospects. Lots of in-depth opinions on them out there for you to catch up on before you come back here to discuss. Lots of video posted as well

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

How does Fields compare to Caleb/Maye/Daniels?

If we end up at 2OA and Chicago is dead-set on Caleb, would anybody here trade Chicago’s 2nd rounder back to them for Fields and take MH Jr at 2 overall?

I would definitely consider that. I think we end up with Williams, if he was off the board I consider that.

Edited by Redskins 2021

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

How does Fields compare to Caleb/Maye/Daniels?

If we end up at 2OA and Chicago is dead-set on Caleb, would anybody here trade Chicago’s 2nd rounder back to them for Fields and take MH Jr at 2 overall?

No. You have to almost instantly pay Fields and he isn’t even good yet. If the Bears don’t think he’s good enough after three years, why would you? He’s not franchise-level at this time, so you take the rookie QB who has 4-5 year of cheaper contract ahead. 

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

If they did we wouldn't be talking about taking him with the second pick.

Howell was a 5th rounder don't forget. 

Actually… they compare almost across the board. 

The biggest difference is Maye is a prototypical sized QB. Howell was shorter.

Howell is height wise almost identical to Caleb Williams. 

Maye is 6-4, 225ish. 

They play very similarly to one another.

39 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

I think the same thing. I really think the Bear's are going to run it back with Fields and take Harrison Jr. #1. If the Patriot's pick # 2 they are taking Maye. And if the FO wants Caleb Williams they will take him.  

I actually agree, I do how ever think bears trade the first rounder pick more more. Can see the falcons / giants and even patriots ( if we are #2) get aggressive . In the end we will be in position for maye or Caleb if we are #2.

Fields is not playing well.  What is this nonsense?  If we're at 2 and we want Caleb Williams, we trade #2 to Chicago + Terry + Jon Allen.  We lose no draft picks and those 2 aren't going to make a positive difference in this team's trajectory.  Chicago take Maye or Daniels at 2 and becomes a playoff contender (not SB, but in the hunt for a 10-7 WC spot).

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Actually… they compare almost across the board. 

The biggest difference is Maye is a prototypical sized QB. Howell was shorter.

Howell is height wise almost identical to Caleb Williams. 

Maye is 6-4, 225ish. 

They play very similarly to one another.

Well that size thing is pretty big for comparison sake.

That said, if the two are comparable then why is maye almost universally considered a top 2 pick and Howell slid to the 5th?

Sure there was some talk of Howell going early first after his sophomore campaign but it was not anywhere near as loud as the maye talk and that all faded after Howells junior year.

Just now, Dark Acre said:

Fields is not playing well.  What is this nonsense?  If we're at 2 and we want Caleb Williams, we trade #2 to Chicago + Terry + Jon Allen.  We lose no draft picks and those 2 aren't going to make a positive difference in this team's trajectory.  Chicago take Maye or Daniels at 2 and becomes a playoff contender (not SB, but in the hunt for a 10-7 WC spot).

They have to agree to that. They probably want pick along with some veterans.