Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

6 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

God rest his soul, I totaly forgot about the Haskins pick. The Haskins pick really affected this franchise negatively. That pick probably set the team back three or four years.

I forgot that Snyder really wanted him and made that happen over the front office telling him not to do it.We probably don't take chase young if Haskins was not here at the time. Team would look totally diffrent.

It would. But we may also still be stuck with Snyder if we had a bonafide franchise QB dragging us along (or being dragged down by the roster but still becoming a star). We really, really needed to hit rock bottom for Snyder to ever see it as more financially viable to just sell. I really believe that everything that happened (not Haskins’ tragic death, obviously—I’m talking about things within our franchise) was worth it to get rid of Snyder, if even the slightest change may have created a butterfly effect type alteration to whether he sold or not. I’d take Harris + mystery future with hope over Snyder + Herbert any day, as an example. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Conn said:

It would. But we may also still be stuck with Snyder if we had a bonafide franchise QB dragging us along (or being dragged down by the roster but still becoming a star). We really, really needed to hit rock bottom for Snyder to ever see it as more financially viable to just sell. I really believe that everything that happened (not Haskins’ tragic death, obviously—I’m talking about things within our franchise) was worth it to get rid of Snyder, if even the slightest change may have created a butterfly effect type alteration to whether he sold or not. I’d take Harris + mystery future with hope over Snyder + Herbert any day, as an example. 

100 precent getting rid of Snyder was the best thing that could happen. It just hit me how bad that Haskins pick was. 

23 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

Jets game is our Super Bowl of the draft.  Could be a 0 to 0 tie.  I wonder what the ratings will be like.

Unfortunately, I think we win against the Jets. They can't pass the ball at all. We match up very well with them. Our secondary is terrible but it won't matter with how bad the Jets pass offense is. If we can two TD we will win. I think they have a total of like 10 or 11 Td on offense this year.

Edited by Redskins 2021

We got lite up by Giants third string QB...I don't want to hear about anyone not being able to pass because history shows this season they gonna at least pass on us.

Jets gonna win, their defense will make sure of it.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

We got lite up by Giants third string QB...I don't want to hear about anyone not being able to pass because history shows this season they gonna at least pass on us.

Jets gonna win, their defense will make sure of it.

Yeah our defense cant stop anyone and their defense is legitimately great. Theyll win like 23-10 or something and itll

be even more if Rodgers is in and actually in form.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

They can't pass the ball at all. We match up very well with them. Our secondary is terrible but it won't matter with how bad the Jets pass offense is." 

Never under estimate how bad our defense is and it's ability to make literally any off the street QB look like the next coming of Peyton Manning.....

19 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

The Niners will kill us.  The Rams should beat us.  I’m worried we beat the Jets (a reverse Christmas

present) and I’m afraid the Cowboys rest dudes the last game of the season and we pour it on their 3rd string.  

Yep my concern is that we could actually stumble to 6-11

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

The Niners will kill us.  The Rams should beat us.  I’m worried we beat the Jets (a reverse Christmas

present) and I’m afraid the Cowboys rest dudes the last game of the season and we pour it on their 3rd string.  

I wouldnt worry about Dallas resting guys. Philly losing yesterday means that finale is a near lock to be meaningful in some capacity.

And even then, Im not sure this team beats Dallas’s backups. Miami’s backups scored a TD on us.

• Like 1

Obviously this is the time to lock down the LT spot but most of the pressure and problems remain on the interior. I've asked before but can't seem to find anything on Stromberg before he was hurt.  Was he playing well in training camp? I have no idea.  Center is a huge need and this guy came out as a good prospect but I've got nothing to go on.

• Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I've asked before but can't seem to find anything on Stromberg before he was hurt.  Was he playing well in training camp? I have no idea.  Center is a huge need and this guy came out as a good prospect but I've got nothing to go on.

Dude never had a chance.

From the jump the staff had Strom pegged to redshirt this year. There was no intention of having him contribute in any meaningful way this season.

This was put out there by the coaching staff to a good degree and helped fuel the argument that we drafted players this year that we did not intend to even play, making this whole draft a cluster-f of what-the-heck-are-you-even-doing.

Forbes was the only draft pick that came out of this draft who was put in a defined position to contribute at the start of the year.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

God rest his soul, I totaly forgot about the Haskins pick. The Haskins pick really affected this franchise negatively. That pick probably set the team back three or four years.

I forgot that Snyder really wanted him and made that happen over the front office telling him not to do it.We probably don't take chase young if Haskins was not here at the time. Team would look totally diffrent.

Well I didn’t forget. **** Snyder!

7 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I, too, fear that we will beat the Jets. It's a weird position to be in to root heavily for your offense to do well while simultaneously hoping you lose. 

I really do want to see Sam and the young guys play well. It's a weird feeling.

Weird but semi regular since the end of Gibbs1 and definitely once Marty was fired. 

The team has been fairly consistently below average at least at the end of the seasons.

You hope for no injuries and young kids get their shots because you desperately hope they could prove themselves all while ending up with a top draft pick

11 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Weird but semi regular since the end of Gibbs1 and definitely once Marty was fired. 

The team has been fairly consistently below average at least at the end of the seasons.

You hope for no injuries and young kids get their shots because you desperately hope they could prove themselves all while ending up with a top draft pick

Yep. It's an all-too-familiar feeling. HOWEVER, in past instances I can't remember having a QB we felt really good about. In 2013 season, the pick wasn't even going to be ours. The last time this happened was actually 2019, when we had Haskins playing down the stretch while basically tanking for the Chase Young pick. That seems to be a pretty parallel situation given we thought we had a QB to build around and were looking at a high pick. 

I keep running simulations and it's really hard to see us getting higher than pick #4. In fact, I think there's a real good chance we end up falling back even if we keep losing. In the situation I just ran where I put a loss to the Jets, you have:

1. Panthers (Bears): 1-16

2. Patriots: 3-14

3. Cardinals: 4-13

4. Commanders: 4-13

5. Giants: 4-13

6. Titans: 4-13

7. Jets: 5-12

8. Chargers: 5-12

9. Vikings: 6-11

What I don't know is how the picks 3-6 will shake out. I know the team with the lowest SOS gets the higher pick, but we have one of the hardest finishing SOS and might end up at the bottom of that pile at pick at #6 even if we lose out. And if we beat the Jets, then we're likely picking between 7-8 depending on whether we or the Chargers have the worst SOS.

The silver lining is even if we beat the Jets, we should be locked in to the Top 8. If we lose to the Jets, we should be locked into the Top 6. I guess we could go as high as #3, MAYBE #2 if the Pats sneak out a couple of wins, which seems incredibly unlikely. If anyone has an actual draft order simulator please share it, I'm just using the playoff rankings on ESPN and Playoff Predictors and both of those just rank the teams by conference and do not seem to have SOS shared on the surface to let you determine who would pick highest across conferences.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 2

Tankathon has an updated order but I don't think it lets you run a simulator for the remaining weeks to see how things would shake out. They do use the entire season's SOS in their current projections. If that holds, here are the SOS for the 17 games for the competing teams:

Bears: .471

Jets: .512

Giants: .517

Commanders: .522

Patriots: .527

Titans: .542

Cardinals: .559

So based on that, if it holds, the finishing order based on what I did on Playoff Predictor would be:

1. Panthers (Bears): 1-16

2. Patriots: 3-14

3. Giants: 4-13 (.517)

4. Commanders: 4-13 (.522)

5. Titans: 4-13 (.542)

6. Cardinals: 4-13 (.559)

7. Jets: 5-12 (.512)

*I do have the Bears going 7-10, which puts them later on in the draft. 

So not only do we want to win out, but we probably want the NFC West and AFC South to keep winning. I forget where someone shared the differing opponents between the Commanders and the Giants, but I guess we want our uncommon opponent to lose, and their uncommon opponent to win. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

I don't care about our draft position anymore. We're getting a stud at 4-7. I think it's going to be QB 1,2,3 and if Daniels slides to us at 4? There are a bunch of teams that want to leap frog the Giants and grab him.

There is a lot of shaking up to do for the 5-7/6-6 teams right now, so who knows where they'll be, but if we can slide from 4 back to 8 or 9, we should still have a shot at an elite player.

3 QBs, 3 OTs, 2 DEs, 1 WR, 1TE, 1CB of those 11, 10 are making the top 10 and they're all positions of need (although I wouldn't go defense).

Giants Uncommon Opponents: Raiders, Packers, Saints

Commanders Uncommon Opponents: Denver, Chicago, Atlanta

I'd say there's a pretty good chance the Raiders Packers and Saints end up with better records than the Broncos, Bears and Falcons

So I have to assume Giants will likely hold the tie-break over us if we finish with the same record, which seems likely.