Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

12 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Tomlin has that probably last game as the Steelers HC look on his face.

Steelers won't get better.

They too cheapnin free agency and aren't drafting well.

Can't put everything on Tomlin not finding a replacement for Big Ben.  It's 2024, can't win without a QB.

I respect Steelers historical strategy because of the results, but it doesn't translate well to this NFL.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Steelers are going to have to fire Tomlin, get some new guy in and tank for a QB. Steelers are stuck in a higher purgatory than we were in with Rivera: too high to get any good draft picks and too low to actually do anything in the post season.

They need to grow some balls and trade for one or up for one, not get rid of the only thing making their team building strategy possible.

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Steelers are going to have to fire Tomlin, get some new guy in and tank for a QB. Steelers are stuck in a higher purgatory than we were in with Rivera: too high to get any good draft picks and too low to actually do anything in the post season.

Yeah.  That would be completely the dumbest thing they could do.  

And I’m pretty sure the Rooney’s know better.  

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

They need to grow some balls and trade for one or up for one, not get rid of the only thing making their team building strategy possible.

I think they might be ready for a rebuild, not sure if they're going to want to do that with Tomlin. I like him too, but it might be time for new blood.

Just now, Captain Wiggles said:

Buffalo got hosed on that fumble review.

Three quarters without a challenge ain't ideal. 😬

One thing I noticed that the announcers didn't seem to was that the recovering player was in contact with a teammate who was out of bounds before he had possession. 

Doesn't that make him out of bounds as well?

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

The challenge the Steelers have is Tomlin has never had a losing season.  They make the playoffs all the time.  They consistently pick 15-25.  

The fact they keep stocking the roster with solid talent is amazing.

But, when it comes to getting an elite QB, it makes it harder.  And the year they needed one, the draft class was just ick.  

So they’re getting going to have to try again.  Though I’m not sure how good Pickett can be.  He got hurt early this year.  

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Simmsy said:

I think they might be ready for a rebuild, not sure if they're going to want to do that with Tomlin. I like him too, but it might be time for new blood.

Packers do something similar with rare exception years.

The reason why no one bats an eye is because they've stringed back to back HOF QBs together and a competitive replacement with no gaps in between.

Even Cowher had to spend years with Kordell Stweart before Big Ben showed up.  Tomlin needs to be given a QB before saying they need some new blood, imo.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

If you have a legitimately great coach you don’t exchange that for a chance with another guy. 

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Stat-keeping is fascinating to me. How the hell would anyone know that this is the first time two different tight ends caught TD passes on the first two drives of the playoffs? How does one go about looking that up? 

and furthermore, who the hell cares about a stat like that?

Literally nobody cares about that stat.  

Except Warren Sharpe’s mustache.

He’s going to do a video on it from his phone where he clicks the button to reverse the camera.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

If you have a legitimately great coach you don’t exchange that for a chance with another guy. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Packers do something similar with rare exception years.

The reason why no one bats an eye is because they've stringed back to back HOF QBs together and a competitive replacement with no gaps in between.

Even Cowher had to spend years with Kordell Stweart before Big Ben showed up.  Tomlin needs to be given a QB before saying they need some new blood, imo.

Alright, calm down, everyone. I'm not calling for his head or anything.