Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

5 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I'll take your word for it, but it doesn't feel like I'm watching a playoff team.

The QB is really not good. They have to run the air out of the ball against good pass defenses and that’s what they are playing against. 

Of course the cowboys know this and are playing the run aggressively. And they are playing the counter to that, the screen, on the way to stopping the run. It’s just Dallas’ strength matches up with the Lions weakness really well. They need a better QB once you play defenses this ready for them. Imo of course. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Detroit, Eagles, SF all are at 11-4.  Any one of them could get the #1 seed. 

Dallas could also get it if they win and Eagles/SF lose.  

Detroit doesn’t seem to be playing any differently than the other games I have watched. 

They really want to win this game.

Detroit would need SF to lose, I believe.

Though, I do think Dallas is going to want to win next week regardless of the outcome tonight.  The 5 seed likely plays Tampa.  The 6 and 7 seeds would play in Detroit, Philly or San Fran.  And if Dallas loses tonight, the Rams and Seahawks would be one game behind them. 

There is no question you’d prefer to go to Tampa than one of the other teams.  

Just now, Ball Security said:

Detroit would need SF to lose, I believe.

They’re playing the Rams in week 18.

That could happen.  

6 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

I agree.  I'll add that it isn't a true strong running game if you can't convert short yardage.

30 rushes for 124 yards isn’t bad.  

I think Ben Johnson is the anti EB.  He sticks to the run too much, while EB sticks to the pass too much. 

I’ll also say if Harris/Shen/etc are analytics driven, they’re going to be really skittish about the amount Ben Johnson runs the ball because it flies in the face of most analytics.  That said, Shen does have ties to the Ravens and they have a run first offense.  

I hate going empty on 3rd and short.  I hate it when EB calls it, I hated it when Turner called it, I hate it when Ben Johnson calls it.

I hate it Sam I am, I hate green eggs and ham. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

30 rushes for 124 yards isn’t bad.  

I think Ben Johnson is the anti EB.  He sticks to the run too much, while EB sticks to the pass too much. 

Detroit is 6th in the league in rushing attempts, 10th in pass attempts. 

I think you're really exaggerating how much they stick to the run. 

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If they could translate the running success to points, that’s one thing.  But they don’t against good teams.

I dunno bout' all that. Many teams show very clearly how high run rate O's can still translate to scoring success.

Ravens, Lions, and 9ers are some of the heaviest rushing teams in the NFL and they are all top 5 in scoring.

They have each absolutely put it on good teams as well.

and its not like the highest % passing teams don't have difficulty scoring. Us... The Jets... The Bengals... Eww...