Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

Just now, BleedBNG said:

Mahomes 3rd down play didn't make any sense.

They were banking on the packers playing way off the receiver and having an easy pass for a few yards to set up a closer final heave. A packer played up close though so he just threw it out of bounds, 

• Thanks 1

I love how the announcers are even like, any other time that's interference but it's a Hail mary.

Like the rest of you I've been watching the nfl my whole life and I've never seen it more confused as to what a foul or a catch is from one game to another. 

It makes it so much less enjoyable to watch these games knowing just how much the officials play a part in the outcome.

• Thumb up 2

The end of the game was exciting, but really sucks to have no idea how the teams would have done without the "after the play was over" penalty that was given for a hit during the play, and then the makeup call on tackling the receiver before the ball is there.

The hail mary, I don't care. Aside from openly tackling receivers who don't have the ball, I've always thought of it as an every man for himself situation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

I see why people don't like Chris Collinsworth. We get it, Mahomes is good. 

First he complained about the 15 yard, personal foul called on GB.  Everyone agreed it was a bad call.  But, oh my god, the Chiefs were robbed.  And if you watch the Hail Mary, the ball wasn’t anywhere near Kelce.  Such BS.

1 minute ago, PolarExpress said:

First he complained about the 15 yard, personal foul called on GB.  Everyone agreed it was a bad call.  But, oh my god, the Chiefs were robbed.  And if you watch the Hail Mary, the ball wasn’t anywhere near Kelce.  Such BS.

Tirico doesn't get a pass from me. He's keeping up with the BSing insights. The Packers kicker was accurate under pressure because one of his parents was a tennis player? Lmao

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Love and the young offense getting confidence at the right time. No one picked the Packers to win this game on the pregame show. The end of the season will be interesting with this schedule.

The big thing for the offense is getting past all the miscues.  O-line is finally giving Love time to throw, receivers aren't dropping key passes, and they're not taking a bunch of concentration-penalties that had been wrecking drives for them at the start of the season.

Confidence-wise, though, A.J. Dillon seems to have figured out his issues running the ball.  Despite his size, he was having real trouble with yards after contact at the beginning of the season getting taken down by the first guy and not pushing the pile or falling forward.  He was running with some real power tonight which helped keep the down and distance manageable.

23 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

The reffing significantly ****ed up another gsme

I wish fans would stop attending games and stop buying merch until full-time professional refs are brought in.  On one play, two refs were standing in different places.  Of course the one who gave Maholmes the first down was perceived correct.  It’s so unreliable for a billion dollar organization.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Destino said:

Banning it is dumb and hurts the largest defensive tackles hoping to make the nfl. I have no stats to back it up, but to my eye defensive tackles have been getting smaller. More nimble. Well if you want to stop the All Up In That A Gap play, bring back the huge DTs.

Its a terrible play and it needs to go, its not how football was mean't to be played. The NFL adds and takes away rules all the time, I don't see why this one needs to be off limits. Its an exploit/loophole/etc that needs to be closed. Its a cheap play that adds nothing to the game, we've seen Philly use it up to six times in one game, sometimes 3 yards out. If I wanted to watch a scrum, I'd go watch rugby, thats not football.

Eventually, a QB will get hurt or some Dline man is going to say "**** it" and ram into the line as hard as he can and hurt someone...then it will be banned. Kinda funny how the NFL wants to get rid of the kickoff because they think its too dangerous, but its wait and see with the tush push. Don't be surprised if its gone next year.

Edited by Simmsy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

The big thing for the offense is getting past all the miscues.  O-line is finally giving Love time to throw, receivers aren't dropping key passes, and they're not taking a bunch of concentration-penalties that had been wrecking drives for them at the start of the season.

Confidence-wise, though, A.J. Dillon seems to have figured out his issues running the ball.  Despite his size, he was having real trouble with yards after contact at the beginning of the season getting taken down by the first guy and not pushing the pile or falling forward.  He was running with some real power tonight which helped keep the down and distance manageable.

Absolutely AJ is running a lot better than earlier in the year. The fact Jones still has a good chance to come back after that injury is crazy to me. If Jones can come back, while Dillon is running like this, with the passing game finally taking off, we will see this offense look even better. Jones big play element out of the backfield is the last missing piece.

You are spot on about the miscues. It's almost like Watson had to prove to himself he belongs, and he clearly believes now. Similar with guys like Wicks and Heath. It went from a surprise that they made plays to now they're expecting it. I loved when #10 went right back to Heath after the drop last night. There is some real chemistry growing in the passing game.

The team is still so young; though, and they may shrink up on the big stage of the playoffs. Still I hope they at least get the chance to play in a playoff game, because it adds invaluable experience to such a young roster.