Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Season Prediction Thread - So How Many Games Will We Win?

zCommander

Predict The Season  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What Will Be Our Season Record?

1 hour ago, samy316 said:

Whenever DJ faces us, he has season highs in yards and rushing yards.  I remember the tie at the Meadowlands, where he ran for over 70 yards, AND went 25-31 for 200 yards.  He had no incompletions at the half that game too.  He probably got that big contract this offseason, because of his highlight reels against us (and the Vikings).  He was subpar or average all other games.  I don't think Jones is too worried about our defense.

Last year with better QB play we would have won both of those games. So my point still stands. As for our defense... well we just got better this year than last year. Will see. DJ will be a dead man walking with our D this year. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Giants have more wins against us that any other team has beat another. Old man Mara publicly hated us more than any other team.

**** Mara! A new era is upon us. The meddling of Dan is no longer. DJ is going down this year! :)

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, zCommander said:

Last year with better QB play we would have won both of those games. So my point still stands. As for our defense... well we just got better this year than last year. Will see. DJ will be a dead man walking with our D this year. 

Did we though?  I'm not about to make proclamations on 1st RD & 2nd RD DB's.  Until it happens, I'm not going to hold my breath.  Other than that, we're virtually the same as we were last year on defense.  I don't see DJ suddenly becoming human when playing us.  Especially now that he has a very smart, capable HC calling plays.  He used to kick our ass with Joe Freaking Judge for Christ sakes.  Imagine what he will do to us with above average coaching.  Here are his stats vs. us as opposed to other teams in the league:

He's 5-1-1 against us with:

1,510 Yds, 10TD and 3INT, with a 98 Passer Rating.  Keep in mind that he's throughly mediocre against literally every team in the league not named Washington.  He's also rushed for 324 yds in his career against Washington.  Again, until we start beating him regularly, and making him look average to mediocre (like very other team in the NFL), he will continue to own us.

Edited by samy316

45 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Did we though?  I'm not about to make proclamations on 1st RD & 2nd RD DB's.  Until it happens, I'm not going to hold my breath.  Other than that, we're virtually the same as we were last year on defense.  I don't see DJ suddenly becoming human when playing us.  Especially now that he has a very smart, capable HC calling plays.  He used to kick our ass with Joe Freaking Judge for Christ sakes.  Imagine what he will do to us with above average coaching.  Here are his stats vs. us as opposed to other teams in the league:

He's 5-1-1 against us with:

1,510 Yds, 10TD and 3INT, with a 98 Passer Rating.  Keep in mind that he's throughly mediocre against literally every team in the league not named Washington.  He's also rushed for 324 yds in his career against Washington.  Again, until we start beating him regularly, and making him look average to mediocre (like very other team in the NFL), he will continue to own us.

Did you look at the article that I posted could of post back where they have our D ranked at #4 right now and the Giants at 29? Even if he is somehow able to get passed our D our O with better play calling, as well, a more capable QB and a strong run game will control the clock and keep their O on the bench and tire out their D. So yeah, really don't care of what he did last year. All I know is that we will beat them, twice. 

• Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Did you look at the article that I posted could of post back where they have our D ranked at #4 right now and the Giants at 29? Even if he is somehow able to get passed our D our O with better play calling, as well, a more capable QB and a strong run game will control the clock and keep their O on the bench and tire out their D. So yeah, really don't care of what he did last year. All I know is that we will beat them, twice. 

If you say so.  I’m just confused by your optimism and confidence, when this team has earned no benefit of the doubt over the years. I’m more of a believe it when I see it kind of guy. Hope you’re right, but I have a feeling that they’ll fall flat on their faces this season (like they always do under RR).  But, better days are ahead after this year, when Harris assumes more of the reins, and makes sweeping, whole sale changes to the FO & the HC position.

Edited by samy316
  • Thumb up 1

The 10+ wins people remind me of myself back when I used to believe and always find a way to expect wins.  Ahh, yes the good ole days until the eventual heart break comes.  Don't get me wrong, its not unreasonable to expect a 10 win season - I mean we've had what 2 of them in the past 22 years?

Edited by Idaho fan

17 minutes ago, samy316 said:

If you say so.  I’m just confused by your optimism and confidence, when this team has earned no benefit of the doubt over the years. I’m more of a believe it when I see it kind of guy. Hope you’re right, but I have a feeling that they’ll fall flat on their faces this season (like they always do under RR).  But, better days are ahead after this year, when Harris assumes more of the reins, and makes sweeping, whole sale changes to the FO & the HC position.

Oh I am looking at the past and if Turner can get 7 and 8 wins with what we had how is it possible that with EB and better QB play we can't get at least 9 or 10 wins.

Ron has had a tough outing here though. It has been meh indeed though. Not bad and not good either. Middle of the pack. This is why Turner was let go. I am sure Ron saw what Turner couldn't do or put players in a position to win games that we should have won last year even with what we had. But EB dialing up the Corn Dog Shuttle to win the SB tells me he has more awareness of what is going on than Turner did. So I am banking on the fact that EB is lot better than Turner. 

For next year, it depends on how this year shakes out. That one I am not worried about. Business decisions will be made as they should. 

11 hours ago, samy316 said:

How do you expect us to sweep the Giants?  Daniel Jones owns us, and now he has a very good HC calling plays for him.  DJ used to beat us like a drum with Joe Judge & Jason Garrett calling plays for him 😆

I think we’ll go 3-3 at best in the NFC East this year, if everything goes right, but more than likely we’ll be 2-4.  One win against the Giants & Cowboys, swept against the Eagles.

He owned us until he got paid. Lets see what the cash does.

9 hours ago, Conn said:

Wentz being terrible and a problem doesn’t prevent Heinicke from being terrible and a problem when he was on the field. Both horrible, with many contributing factors (coaching, playcalling, OL, etc.) that don’t mitigate the flaws in the actual QBing. Heinicke earned nothing but a boot in the ass with his bottom of the league play, he should enjoy his money because that’s how contracts work. But I’m not going to pretend he met or exceeded any actual expectations. 

He did as expected. He is fine for 2-3 games but can't do well the whole season.

8 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I think the issue was this: "Heinicke was 90% of our problems last year."

I'm assuming he meant 90% of our problems against the Giants (he was lol) but maybe the other guy thought he meant 90% of our problems all of last year, maybe?...

That was how I read it until I went back and re read it. It almost looked like the blame for a bad season was 90% TH. When it wasn't even close to that - 40% wentz, 40% oline 20% TH

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

The 10+ wins people remind me of myself back when I used to believe and always find a way to expect wins.  Ahh, yes the good ole days until the eventual heart break comes.  Don't get me wrong, its not unreasonable to expect a 10 win season - I mean we've had what 2 of them in the past 22 years?

I expect 8 but think they can win 10 if Howell pans out. If Howell is awful we could win 5 games. This team has a very high variance to its potential outcome this season. 

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

With poor Oline play, Howell sees ghosts rapidly.

With poor QB play, our OLine sucks even worse.

Our D is good but not enough to overcome that.

4-13 and we're probably lucky...

A Ron coached team would never have fewer than 6 wins; if he coaches all season.

For fewer than 6 wins; it would have to be catastrophic.

4 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

These are the prognostications I don't understand. 

We had atrocious o line and quarterback play last year and the defense was good enough to get us to 8-8-1 and there's several reasons to be hopeful that the defense will be better this year.

4-13 is possible but highly unlikely. 

On 7/12/2023 at 7:22 AM, Thinking Skins said:

I would think that if QB gets sorted out this year, then much of the offense is sorted out as well, OL included. One thing I think Howell has going for him is that he has a quick delivery which can make up for a suspect OL. Sheehan talks about Dallas throwing the game but they played their pass rush and he was only sacked 3 times for 11 yards. Thats not all on the OL or his mobility. I think it shows he was neutralizing the pass rush. Was it because it was his first game like the dude in GB who threw 5 TDs? Maybe? But I think this  is something to grow on; 

I am positive on Howell.  But I do think when you create turnovers-short fields.   And you run for 150 plus yards, holding the ball with almost  a 2:1 ratio over your opponet, that helps the cause.

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

A Ron coached team would never have fewer than 6 wins; if he coaches all season.

For fewer than 6 wins; it would have to be catastrophic.

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

These are the prognostications I don't understand. 

We had atrocious o line and quarterback play last year and the defense was good enough to get us to 8-8-1 and there's several reasons to be hopeful that the defense will be better this year.

4-13 is possible but highly unlikely. 

Ron teams tends to start the year poorly and get better by mid October/November.

This team won't have that luxury. 

If things aren't looking OK by the end of September and the team is 1-3, subject will be when Ron will get canned, not if.

At this point, I'm not seeing anything that could turn the tide on this team.

Going into the sason with a QB with only a game under his belt and an oline with no chemistry? We may very well witness Patrick Ramsey 2.0... Making almost every winnable games a flip coin.

Add to this that the end schedule is doing us not many favors, that could be deadly for the team if players have quit by then...

We're betting on too many things to go the right way to be hopeful for this team. At least one or more will go wrong and will probably then take the team with it.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Who let the Wild Bunny out of its cage?!?!