Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

It lacks high end talent and there's no sure fire stud like Surtain, Sauce, or Spoon at the very top, but the depth is excellent. I really wanna grab one in the 3rd.

True. The 40 times have been somewhat lackluster for some of the most heralded DB's. I think CB Elijah Jones would be a good pick for us though his stock is rapidly rising.  

7 hours ago, srtman04 said:

I had a dream last night that we took a DE with the 2nd pick instead of a QB.   I was so pissed lol.....then I woke up.  

Sorry to break it to you,  but that was 2020 and it really happened... but that's forget all about that please... 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

Does betting over mean they get picked after the number? 

I'd bet the house on Under for Harrison jr if its at 4.5. He is a lock to go to Arizona at the latest at 4.

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd bet the house on Under for Harrison jr if its at 4.5. He is a lock to go to Arizona at the latest at 4.

All it would take is them trading out to a team grabbing QB #4 and that bet loses. Far from a lock.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Erick All, I bet part of that is to do medicals.

If he's healthy, VERY intriguing to me.  He to me is sort of the Tyler Guyton of TEs in this class -- looks the part perfectly, it hasn't though come together for him.

Watching this, I couldn't help but envision Drake May hitting him on a seam route. I agree. I am very interested. 

• Like 1

Erick All is the type of guy that could really blossom in the NFL. 

Iowa didn’t have the QB to get him the ball much hence pedestrian stats, but dont let that fool you. That kid can block, too. 

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Unless the top four are QBs or Nabers goes before him.

7 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Watching this, I couldn't help but envision Drake May hitting him on a seam route. I agree. I am very interested. 

Iowa TEs are the way to go.  Transfer from Michigan.  Banged up his career, coming off an ACL.  So I presume its about the medicals.

5 hours ago, illone said:

Erick All is the type of guy that could really blossom in the NFL. 

Iowa didn’t have the QB to get him the ball much hence pedestrian stats, but dont let that fool you. That kid can block, too. 

pedestrain stats are about him only playing half a season.  I talked about him eons ago on thhs thread as a dude I'd throw a late round flier on.  I'd do it earlier if he were healthy.  but coming off an ACL, and having injury history in general I'd expect him to be a faller.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

7 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Unless the top four are QBs or Nabers goes before him.

I just dont see Zona passing up on a sure fire stud at a premium position of need. MH even asked Zona brass if he should work out at his pro day and they told him dont bother. Hes going to Arizona. Dont over think it.

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I just dont see Zona passing up on a sure fire stud at a premium position of need. MH even asked Zona brass if he should work out at his pro day and they told him dont bother. Hes going to Arizona. Dont over think it.

I think you are right.  There are rumors on the internet (see link) that when Minnesota approached Arizona about trading 11 and 23 plus maybe some change for 4, Arizona said they would only trade for 3 first rounders.  Under most trade charts 11 and 23 only equal number 4 (under the Jimmy Johnson trade chart 11 and 23 are worth 2010 points vs 4 being worth 1800 points).   Thus Arizona's positions seems to be that we are taking Marvin Harrison unless somebody is willing to overpay by an entire first round pick.  If somebody is willing to overpay by that much, we'll do business with you, other wise , we are sitting put... 

51 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Even if Minnesota comes calling with a big trade offer to get to 4?

If something feels like easy money in gambling, that's how you lose your shirt.

31 minutes ago, philibusters said:

I think you are right.  There are rumors on the internet (see link) that when Minnesota approached Arizona about trading 11 and 23 plus maybe some change for 4, Arizona said they would only trade for 3 first rounders.  Under most trade charts 11 and 23 only equal number 4 (under the Jimmy Johnson trade chart 11 and 23 are worth 2010 points vs 4 being worth 1800 points).   Thus Arizona's positions seems to be that we are taking Marvin Harrison unless somebody is willing to overpay by an entire first round pick.  If somebody is willing to overpay by that much, we'll do business with you, other wise , we are sitting put... 

That ancient Jimmie Johnson chart doesn't account for the modern price of QBs.  If you want to move up multiple spots to get into the top four for a QB in the draft, the going rate is three first round picks.  And usually, one of them needs to be valued high, aka a future pick with a reasonable chance at ending up in the top ten.  11 and 23 is nowhere near enough to get to four for a QB.  That's a drop that takes Arizona totally out of elite prospect range.  Minnesota is going to have to add a future first, or a player who can stand in equivalent value to a first.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Even if Minnesota comes calling with a big trade offer to get to 4?

If something feels like easy money in gambling, that's how you lose your shirt.

Minnesota will trade with LA Chargers to get to 5 and not have to give up anywhere near what Arizona is asking for to get the same player.

Can't overthink the obvious. Harrison is going to Arizona at 4.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Minnesota will trade with LA Chargers to get to 5 and not have to give up anywhere near what Arizona is asking for to get the same player.

Can't overthink the obvious. Harrison is going to Arizona at 4.

Unless the Bolts are headset on taking a RT at 5, why would they do that.  Pound for pound, Nabers/MHJ are better than any OL in this draft.  They can get a Patrick Paul type with their early 2nd if they are fixated on tackle.  This draft has so many of them.  

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Unless the Bolts are headset on taking a RT at 5, why would they do that.  Pound for pound, Nabers/MHJ are better than any OL in this draft.  They can get a Patrick Paul type with their early 2nd if they are fixated on tackle.  This draft has so many of them.  

They either take Nabors at 6 or trade down. You're not taking a RT at 6 in this loaded OL class and they have Slater who is a franchise LT already so they aren't taking Alt.

I think if Brooks is there at 71, I'm running to the podium and taking him.  I don't care if he's an RB.  He represents too much value at that point in the draft.  With B-Rob, Ekelar, and Rodriguez, we can sit him an allow him to recuperate.  

Just now, Warhead36 said:

They either take Nabors at 6 or trade down. You're not taking a RT at 6 in this loaded OL class and they have Slater who is a franchise LT already so they aren't taking Alt.

Nah, I'm saying why take 11+23 to take the RT (Fuaga, Latham, etc) at 11 and hope a good WR is there at 23?  I figure Thomas is long gone, so are they taking Mitchell there?  I don't see it.  I'd rather have Nabers/MHJ+Paul/Kingsley (taken at their early 2nd) vs Fuaga/Latham (11)+Chop Robinson (23)+Pearsall/etc (early 2nd).

18 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Does this boost him back to the late 2nd-early 3rd?  One of my fav pass rushers in this draft

I've been checking out player ranking sites this morning and about half have elevated Jonah up to as high as pick 40 to hover around #75. I know he's undersized, but watching his film is like watching Nick Bosa play for SF. Non-stop motor and bend around the edge.

9 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm not big on the Chargers needs, but the could take the #1 LT in the class in Alt.

The Raiders could come up to 4 to get JJ, even if the Vikes got to 5.

But they don't need a LT.  They have Slater.  They need a RT, but they can go for Paul/Rosengarten/etc. with their early 2nd.  I think I'd rather have Nabers/MHJ than take Alt.  

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm not big on the Chargers needs, but the could take the #1 LT in the class in Alt.

The Raiders could come up to 4 to get JJ, even if the Vikes got to 5.

They've got an above average LT in Slater. But he's got some weaknesses. Kind of reminds me of a better Charles Leno. He can get worked a bit by a good sudden power rush ( such as speed to power). His body style is a bit like Jordan Morgan who we might draft.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

But they don't need a LT.  They have Slater.  They need a RT, but they can go for Paul/Rosengarten/etc. with their early 2nd.  I think I'd rather have Nabers/MHJ than take Alt.  

They can do anything they want is the point. Anyone who talks in "definite" before the draft, generally sounds like an idiot. 

Bears taking Williams is pretty much a lock, but that is it. Cards probably take MHj, but Nabers is pretty ****ing amazing, too and might even be better, so who knows.

2 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

They've got an above average LT in Slater. But he's got some weaknesses. Kind of reminds me of a better Charles Leno. He can get worked a bit by a good sudden power rush ( such as speed to power). His body style is a bit like Jordan Morgan who we might draft.

see above

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

They can do anything they want is the point. Anyone who talks in "definite" before the draft, generally sounds like an idiot. 

Bears taking Williams is pretty much a lock, but that is it. Cards probably take MHj, but Nabers is pretty ****ing amazing, too and might even be better, so who knows.

see above

Especially with a brand new coach/front office situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Especially with a brand new coach/front office situation.

Right? Like Gannon in AZ doesn't want to take a shot at the top pass rusher? 

Antonio Pierce could want to do something dramatic to get his QB.

Chargers could draft Alt and move Slater to the right or put him up on the trade block.