Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

17 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

One thing I wouldn’t expect based on the number of 2nd and 3rd round pics, is a lot of movement down in the draft to accumulate pics in round 4-7. The general consensus seems to be that there is a drop off in this draft after around pick 100. 

If we trade up for an OT, I’d be happy to see us move into the tense and get Fuaga, if he’s available. I think he’s a 10 year plug and play RT. We may not be able to fix everything in one draft. 
Sign Tyron Smith and draft Fuaga and we could draft our long term LT in the first next year. 

Where is Xavier Legette’s natural spot? Is he an X?

Fuaga is a beast. He won't last till 20. He's a sure fire stud RT. I'd take him as well but I just don't see him falling. I've actually seen him go as high as 10 to the Jets. 

I have a feeling Fashanu might drop. If he drops to like 15, would you offer 36 and 40 for him? Probably too much given the depth at other positions, but imagine locking down franchise QB and LT in one draft. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Hmm that's pretty awesome. Eight picks, including six in the top 100. I wonder if there is any way to get the one in the 4th and one in the 6th back too. I'm getting greedy now. Lol.

This is the beauty of having Peters, ABR2M.  He to me and read up on him is Bobby Beathard 2.0.  He is golden in the mid/late rounds and finds gems (i.e., Purdy).  Check out the last 2 or 3 drafts while he was in SF.  Dude is good.  I expect us to end up with about 13 draft picks when all is said and done.  Seriously!  :)  

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Fuaga is a beast. He won't last till 20. He's a sure fire stud RT. I'd take him as well but I just don't see him falling. I've actually seen him go as high as 10 to the Jets. 

I have a feeling Fashanu might drop. If he drops to like 15, would you offer 36 and 40 for him? Probably too much given the depth at other positions, but imagine locking down franchise QB and LT in one draft. 

Morgan, Fautana, Guyton may be the targets.  We already know Commanders are in on Morgan but I really like the other 2 also. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't know i've been pulling mine off of the RAS scores

Yeah I too have a hard time with Guyton, maybe the worst film in this first-2nd round group with Kingsley among the ones I watched the runner up for bad tape.  Looks the part at times, athletic, reminds me on that front like a more inconsistent Broderick Jones, but I think at a minium he'd get our rookie Qb killed in year 1.

Guyton is raw but his athletics is off the charts.  A freak some have said.  Give him time a good coaching and he may be a great player.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm not giving up multiple starters to move up for questionable players (OT). 

If we could get to Alt, sure.

I'd rather sign Smith and draft guys on day three if nobody falls to 36

Yeah the team would have to really love Fashanu(or whomever they move up for) if they're giving up 36 and 40. Both are really juicy picks and honestly I'm not sure if there is that much of a drop off in this draft at the OT position between what'll be there at ~15 and what'll be there at 36. Alt is a beast and Fuaga is really good too, but after that all the Ts, while talented, have some flaws.

For example I'm not as high on Morgan as others. He looks like a G to me. I'd take him at 36 hesitantly but would not in any universe trade up for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I've been banging the table for him since before the season was over.

I think the media caught up to the film on him and also he tested really well and looked good at the combine. He seems like he can do it all at TE and went from like a 4th/5th in mocks to as high as late 2nd.

He definitely caught my eye at the combine.

• Like 2

One thing is current fact, we don’t have a starting LT. Can’t see us throwing a raw project type LT into the starting line up week one. 

If we don’t get a vet starter in FA, it will take a significant move up in the draft to round 1 IMO to bank on a day 1 starter. I reckon you’d have to be prepared to package both seconds and maybe a third to jump into the pick 15 +/- a few range.

• Thumb up 1

37 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm not giving up multiple starters to move up for questionable players (OT). 

If we could get to Alt, sure.

I'd rather sign Smith and draft guys on day three if nobody falls to 36

Kind of my thinking but I’m in the camp of trading for Bolles. Bust rate for tackles has been higher than we think the past few years. I’d rather pay $20M/yr for a sure thing

Could then grab someone like Kiran, Fisher or Foster in the 3rd to compete with and eventually replace Wylie at RT

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

One thing is current fact, we don’t have a starting LT. Can’t see us throwing a raw project type LT into the starting line up week one. 

If we don’t get a vet starter in FA, it will take a significant move up in the draft to round 1 IMO to bank on a day 1 starter. I reckon you’d have to be prepared to package both seconds and maybe a third to jump into the pick 15 +/- a few range.

Yeah, this is why I was asking about trading for a team’s tackle - that’s a lot to give up.

Regardless, given how Peters has operated thus far, I have to think we’ll wind up pretty happy with (at least) one of our tackle spots.

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I would only package 36 and 40 to move up for Bowers or Verse.

I would package 36 and a 3rd to move up for Fashanu, Latham, Latu or one of the top four corners.

I'd package 36 and a late pick to move up ~5 spots for Morgan.

I think Kool-Aid (I'm assuming he's your CB4) is going to be there at 36.  He has a Jones fracture that will cause him to fall.

4 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I still think we address LT in FA or even a trade for someone like Bolles, who is in the last year of his contact with Denver. 

This will be his 32 season. I think he probably has 2-3 solid years left. I would swap a 2nd for a 3rd or give up a 3rd and a Day 3 pick for him

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

I still think we address LT in FA or even a trade for someone like Bolles, who is in the last year of his contact with Denver. 

Yep I thought Denv might have cut him in a cap move.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Guyton has bad film.  Mims has extremely intriguing film but barely played because he was hurt so much.  Paul has decent film.  Fautanu's film is OK, but surprisingly unimpressive for such an athletic prospect who is playing on a strong line with a star QB.  Amegadjie's film is a sweat less exercise in dominating tiny, slow competition.  Morgan has good film and he's a very good athlete.  Christian Jones has good traits but not very good film.  Barton has bad traits but very good film.

Haven't watched Suamataia or the Michigan tackle outside of his SB reps yet.  Morgan is on the edge of a quality cliff for me, and Guyton is on the other side of it.  Guyton is going to go in the 20s though.  He represents an extreme risk to me, and I'd rather bet on a guy with an injury history like Morgan or Mims than bet on a guy with bad film.  An inability to hold blocks gets me to move on from OL prospects because it's such a fundamental failure of playing the position and usually means the guy can't play.  It doesn't get easier for them at the next level.  Guyton reminds me of Jaelyn Duncan from last year, and I hated his film too.  Elite agility and size for the position, tantalizing one on one reps at the SB that show off special mirror speed/size, and film lousy with soft play and whiffed blocks.

Drafting OLs is one of the few blindspots for San Francisco.  Hopefully Adam Peters doesn't bring that struggle here.  Moving up to draft someone like Guyton would have me worried, with visions of Mike McGlinchey in the top ten And Aaron Banks in the top 50 passing through my head.

Interested to hear your thoughts on Fisher who seems well regarded but no one touches on in this thread

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Yep I thought Denv might have cut him in a cap move.

They saved themselves by letting Simmons go instead. It’s still not like they have a lot breathing room

• Like 1

Just now, mhd24 said:

I think Kool-Aid (I'm assuming he's your CB4) is going to be there at 36.  He has a Jones fracture that will cause him to fall.

I've got DeJean as CB4.  Kool-Aid is CB5 for me.  I wouldn't trade up for Kool-Aid, just wait and see if he was still there at 36.

I'm having a tough time ranking the top three.  Probably go with Mitchell CB1 since he has the best combo of film/traits.  Arnold has the best film, Wiggins the best traits.  But none of them have bad film, and scheme preference of the teams that pick corners will determine their draft order.

Wiggins plays with 4.2 speed, that's for sure.  I still can't believe the play where he chased down Omarion Hampton and forced the touchback on what was a surefire housecall TD.  It was Darrell Green esque.

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I've got DeJean as CB4.  Kool-Aid is CB5 for me.  I wouldn't trade up for Kool-Aid, just wait and see if he was still there at 36.

I'm having a tough time ranking the top three.  Probably go with Mitchell CB1 since he has the best combo of film/traits.  Arnold has the best film, Wiggins the best traits.  But none of them have bad film, and scheme preference of the teams that pick corners will determine their draft order.

Wiggins plays with 4.2 speed, that's for sure.  I still can't believe the play where he chased down Omarion Hampton and forced the touchback on what was a surefire housecall TD.  It was Darrell Green esque.

Dejean has injury concerns too.  He's going to go in the 1st round however.  Buffalo might be a good spot for him.  Their entire secondary has been gutted and Elam has been kind of a bust for them.

All top 3 CBs are going to go high.  I can see Philly trading up to get one of the top 3 CBs.  Fangio defenses require them.  He drafted Surtain high for a reason in Denver.  Last year, he traded for Ramsay.  Rams are going to go CB too.  Jags need a CB as well.  All of them will be gone before the 20s.

Edited by mhd24

I think Arizona is now in the catbird seat. Minnesota and the Giants and Denver and anybody else who is hoping to get in on the top tier of the quarterback class of 2024 are going to be throwing bids at that fourth pick. With today's trade the Giants must realize they can't stand pat at 6 and get McCarthy. 

IIt's pretty humorous to me because I see JJ as highly likely to bust but there will be a bidding war on him nonetheless.

If Arizona does stay put to get Harrison, then the chargers are sitting pretty. They may be sitting pretty anyway if they like the idea of Harrison replacing Keenan Allen.

Edited by Rolo Tomasie

CB is a prime position. The good ones will get scooped up early. This CB class is deep but I don't see the high end talent I saw last year with guys like Spoon and Gonzalez. Would rather take a stab at one at 40 or even 67.

1 minute ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Assuming that we don't sign anymore Olinemen in FA, I guess it's a safe bet we're probably drafting at least 3?? Maybe more?  

Our second pick(not #2 overall, but the pick we make after)is basically a lock to be an OT at this point. Just a question of whether its at 36th or we move up.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Our second pick(not #2 overall, but the pick we make after)is basically a lock to be an OT at this point. Just a question of whether its at 36th or we move up.

Do you see any TEs in the 3rd round that you like? I think I've heard this TE class is not that strong this year and it's definitely a position of need for us

Edited...I completely forgot about us signing Ertz

Edited by DazedSkinsfan

34 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

CB is a prime position. The good ones will get scooped up early. This CB class is deep but I don't see the high end talent I saw last year with guys like Spoon and Gonzalez. Would rather take a stab at one at 40 or even 67.

Last year's CB group was like this year's OT group: deep but pretty flawed.  I think Witherspoon would be CB1 in this group, comfortably so.  But after that, I think it would be Mitchell, Wiggins, Arnold, and then probably DeJean.  The top four corners in this class are unusually good.  Gonzalez wasn't really a special prospect.  He coasted on softer Pac-12 offenses but got clowned by Georgia.

This draft class has about 12 defensive players in it who stand out to me as being head and shoulders above the rest, and worthy of a first round pick (before medicals are considered), and four of them are the corners:

1 - Jared Verse

2 - Dallas Turner

3 - Nate Wiggins

4 - Quinyon Mitchell

5 - Terrion Arnold

6 - Byron Murphy

7 - T'Vondre Sweat

8 - Cooper DeJean

9 - Laiatu Latu

10 - Peyton Wilson

11 - Jer'Zhan Newton

12 - Darius Robinson

I don't think the corners will make it into the 20s.  But of that list, I think Robinson, Sweat, and Latu might.  Wilson almost certainly will too, but I wouldn't pick him at 36, much less trade up for him.  I also wouldn't trade up for Sweat, but I would consider picking him at 36.  I think he's flying under the radar because of his weight.

• Thumb up 1