Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I saw 4.04 and thought that was his 40 time and was like wtf is this dude like the real life Flash? lolol

But yeah Ladd is my dude. He won't last to 36 though. Too many WR needy teams picking at the end of round 1.

I think there are as many as 8 with first round grades with the possibility of up to 12. There is a drop off after around 10-12 ish though.

It just depends on how our FO grades them.

Yeah Ladd's been my guy for a long time.  I think he has a shot to be there at 36.  Will see.

As slot WRs, him, Persall, and Wilson for me are very intriguing in that order.  As slots after those three albiet a full peg behind I think its Malik Washington and McMillan

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

My dream 2nd round is Guyton and Ladd. That'd be a home run.

Based on the way we’re building our DL, we need a couple of additions within the DB group, and as Whitt said on numerous occasions, players who can turn the ball over when the errant throw comes their way.

I think we need a high end CB prospect irrespective of what we do in the coming days of FA.

Jamari Thrash is my guy.  I love this first release:

That is so tough to guard.  Jaylin Simpson doesn't suck, he's notably good at press.

Thrash has good speed, and his route and release game are some of the best in the class IMO.  His lateral speed/agility is so explosive, and he is so deceptive and quick out of his stance and his breaks.  He has superb feel for finding/creating space against zone.  He is one of the best at building early separation in his routes in the class IMO.  He makes great adjustments to the ball in the air and can provide a vertical threat against good man coverage defenders.  And he aggressively looks for the ball and maintains nice throwing windows for his QB even when he's not the first option.

He's also feisty after the catch and doesn't go down as easily as you'd expect for a skinny receiver, because he has good balance.

He's a very high IQ player with great quickness and technique.  These kinds of receivers tend to translate to the NFL so long as they stay healthy.  I think he's a solid fourth round value and enters steal territory at our pick in the fifth.  I would much rather draft him in that range than someone like Adonai Mitchell or Keon Coleman in the second.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Was watching Burton, who I also like, the dude can seperate and make plays on all three levels. Z Wr.

But couldn't help watch Lassiter some while doing so.  Sticky in coverage.  Played off coverage some.   Played on both sides of the field.   Feisty player.

I bet he's there in the 2nd considering no picks and doesn't look freakish fast.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

That is so tough to guard.  Jaylin Simpson doesn't suck, he's notably good at press.

Thrash has good speed, and his route and release game are some of the best in the class IMO.  His lateral speed/agility is so explosive, and he is so deceptive and quick out of his stance and his breaks.  He has superb feel for finding/creating space against zone.  He is one of the best at building early separation in his routes in the class IMO.  He makes great adjustments to the ball in the air and can provide a vertical threat against good man coverage defenders.  And he aggressively looks for the ball and maintains nice throwing windows for his QB even when he's not the first option.

He's also feisty after the catch and doesn't go down as easily as you'd expect for a skinny receiver, because he has good balance.

He's a very high IQ player with great quickness and technique.  These kinds of receivers tend to translate to the NFL so long as they stay healthy.  I think he's a solid fourth round value and enters steal territory at our pick in the fifth.  I would much rather draft him in that range than someone like Adonai Mitchell or Keon Coleman in the second.

That's tough to guard. But that type of release is like a later read on a play with how long it takes. Goalline, probably a quick drop. QB might not even think he has time to go there.

I'm not sure that release (which did cook the defender) is all that realistic. Maybe a strong play action sets up enough time if the D isn't going to send someone to blast the QB regardless.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol on cue about Lassiter, wonder if this drops him to the third?  Just watched one game, but i liked what i saw.  I'll watch some more.

I want to dive into him. He's instinctive and fluid moving with the WR, but (unless I'm confusing him with another prospect) he can get really grabby when threatened by speed. He might be a bit more scheme specific. But with how often defenses have come back around to the 2000's Cover 2 Shell, maybe that's not as much of an issue?

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

Thrash and Pearsail on day two, Malik W on day three are the only WRs I'd call my guys I think.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I want to dive into him. He's instinctive and fluid moving with the WR, but (unless I'm confusing him with another prospect) he can get really grabby when threatened by speed. He might be a bit more scheme specific. But with how often defenses have come back around to the 2000's Cover 2 Shell, maybe that's not as much of an issue?

He’s definitely grabby but most of the college CBS are 

Can anyone tell me why JJ McCarthy's stock is rising all of a sudden?   He looked like an average at best QB during the national championship game.   That's the last game we saw of live action......I must be missing something here....

• Thumb up 1

Wonder if because of the hands among reasons, Fashanu drops to the late teens-early 20s?

At least judging by mocks, Alt has stayed solid in the top 10 and Fashanu has fallen.  Bringing it up because I wonder if he's a trade up possibility?  He's from the area, high character guy, good tools, a bit of a work in progress in the run game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I cannot spend any time here yet. Just going through draft possibilities after this crazy FA period is ridiculous. Other than LT and a QB at 2 or possibly 1 we are in true BPA territory. 

Yes! it is amazing but this is how successful teams function!

We are not on the outside looking

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wonder if because of the hands among reasons, Fashanu drops to the late teens-early 20s?

At least judging by mocks, Alt has stayed solid in the top 10 and Fashanu has fallen.  Bringing it up because I wonder if he's a trade up possibility?  He's from the area, high character guy, good tools, a bit of a work in progress in the run game.

I agree that it looks, right now, that a trade up for a tackle could be a smart move. Fashanu would be a good get for LT. I would really, really like Fuaga. 

What are your thoughts on Mims? He seems more likely to fall into reach than the other two. I know he doesn't have a lot of starts, and I've seen people talk about his injury history, but the only thing I could find in his injury history is a high ankle sprain that required a tight rope surgery. 

I wonder if the Jets trading for Moses makes them less likely to grab a tackle at the 10th pick. 

• Thumb up 2

9 hours ago, FrFan said:

Notre Dame's elite cornerback tandem of Benjamin Morrison and Cam Hart held Ohio State's elite receiving corps of Marvin Harrison Jr. and Emeka Egbuka to just four catches for 37 yards in their individual matchups.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Cam-Hart-CB-NotreDame

Be pretty lit if we drafted Ben Morrison in 2025. His dad played for the Redskins. Plus, I coached him when he was 10 😁

• Like 4

I reckon we are all but guaranteed to invest a high day 2 pick on an OT, one that will potentially join a vet of the roster. One year development period.

or the rookie starts at RT with a view to later flipping to LT if proven good enough…

Edited by Est.1974

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Pretty much has to be LT at 36 or 40. Maybe we trade back into the 1st for one. 

I know they want more picks but this idea still makes sense to me. Get a T you are more certain will be able to contribute right away and fits your style. Probably in the bottom half of the round.

9 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I agree that it looks, right now, that a trade up for a tackle could be a smart move. Fashanu would be a good get for LT. I would really, really like Fuaga. 

What are your thoughts on Mims? He seems more likely to fall into reach than the other two. I know he doesn't have a lot of starts, and I've seen people talk about his injury history, but the only thing I could find in his injury history is a high ankle sprain that required a tight rope surgery. 

I wonder if the Jets trading for Moses makes them less likely to grab a tackle at the 10th pick. 

I haven't watched Mims because I thought he'd be out of reach but I will now.  I also got to watch Fautanu.  I think its in play to trade up to the first.

I love Fuaga but he strikes me a RT and LT right now feels like the code red spot.

As for the Jets, thinking they go Bowers.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1