Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He and McConkey IMHO have very little potential bust in them.  Legette who i do think drops to the 2nd intrigues me still too but IMO has some bust potential 

👍

1 hour ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

Isn't the pattern that Peters followed in SF to look at receivers with some physicality? I mean not all Deebos and Kittles, but Aiyuk is pretty physical too. I'd think the receivers in that mold in this group include Legette, Corley, Means from Pitt....?

Need to remember Peters got those players for Kyle's offense. We dont really know what Kingsbury is going to do yet here. But going off of his history he would want guys like Thomas or Mitchell. 

• Like 3

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Need to remember Peters got those players for Kyle's offense. We dont really know what Kingsbury is going to do yet here. But going off of his history he would want guys like Thomas or Mitchell. 

This is what makes it so difficult for us to really project players - we don’t really know what we are going to be running on either side of the ball so it’s hard to assess scheme fit. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

This is what makes it so difficult for us to really project players - we don’t really know what we are going to be running on either side of the ball so it’s hard to assess scheme fit. 

Yep Peters specifed that hed look for players that were scheme fits.

For KK I could see Mitchell and Ladd both fitting perfectly. 

• Like 1

So Jaden Shirden....If anyone has a link to some all 22 stuff for him I would like to watch it. All I can find are his highlights. And they are pretty damn nasty. His running style reminds me of Emmitt Smith a little bit.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Xavier not that physical and drops passes but wow as to 4.25

The early 2nd will have some nice options at WR

AD is going first now. Worthy might too. XL is so curious. Put hi under a light and he's smaller and drops passes, but him in a game and he's bigger and catches everything. He's like a small TE with speed, so I like him still. Pearsail is McClaurin to me. The best comp I can think of. Love him and we don't need that, but it'd be hard to say no to. I still think we miss out on the quality Big X-wrs, but like Malik Washington late 3rd take Samuels spot.

15 hours ago, redskinss said:

Where's the out of context thread when ya need it.

I have a colorful life. Ask your Dad.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Thrash or McCaffrey on day three is one of my favorite outcomes too.  Thrash is a major sleeper IMO.  He's a three level threat who is one of the best at separating in the class due to a combo of good speed and highly deceptive route running and skilled zone navigation.  He's reminiscent of Devonta Smith.

I'm really high on both of them. XL has held my attention, but I don't think I'm going WR early. I think they'll run hard in the first/early second and better options will be available.

Thrash, McCaffery, Rice and M Washington around 100 feels better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

Isn't the pattern that Peters followed in SF to look at receivers with some physicality? I mean not all Deebos and Kittles, but Aiyuk is pretty physical too. I'd think the receivers in that mold in this group include Legette, Corley, Means from Pitt....?

That’s the type of player they drafted, for sure, but I think you have to keep in mind that they’re drafting players for a specific scheme/roster. The parameters of which are set by the coaches, at least in a place where Kyle Shanahan is running such a specific scheme.

When they took Deebo and Aiyuk, they were a team built around a Shanahan run game and a QB in Jimmy Garoppolo whose only special trait is getting the ball out quickly and accurately in the short-intermediate range. From 2018-2020, the window in which they selected Deebo (2019) and Aiyuk (2020), they were never higher than 30th in Intended Air Yards per Pass and they ranked 1st in YAC per Reception each year. 

I think the lesson Peters would/should have taken from that experience is “shop for the groceries that your coach likes to cook with.” If Kingsbury is similar to Lil Shanny in wanting big, physical, YAC-oriented receivers, then I’d agree those are the guys to target. But I’m not exactly sure what Kingsbury wants, based on his background. I’m not entirely sure he knows what he wants, based on his background. 

He inherited Larry Fitzgerald and Christian Kirk in ARI. They immediately drafted Andy Isabella in the 2nd (pure speed), Hakeem Butler in the 4th (crazy size/speed freak), and Keenan Johnson in the 6th (more the slow, physical, YAC type). They all failed. Then they trade for Deandre Hopkins. Then they draft Rondale Moore in the 2nd (speed, YAC type) and sign AJ Green, who replaces Fitz. Then they trade for Hollywood Brown, who replaces Kirk.

It’s all over the map. The only thing I can conclude is that he appears to want a variety of “types” of receiver. We have two guys who are pretty similar in Terry and Dotson — if I was a gambling man, I would suspect he’s going to be looking for a receiver with some size, though it may well be more a jump ball type (Green/Fitz) than it will be a pure YAC monster like they had in SF.

I still think AD Mitchell might be the best fit for him if we end up going WR at the top of the 2nd.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Weird for Reiman.  I know Schrager has some big man crush on Reiman.  i watched one game where I thought "meh" but I'll watch more.

Johnny Wilson is sort of my Theo Johnson.  I watched both got bored and couldn't land on a take.  I'll rewatch them.   

Actually Coleman is another dude I have a hard time coming up with a take on.  Poor man's Drake London?  He's more appealing to me if they take Jayden Daniels who likes to throw fades in to the end zone (lol, maybe that's way Jay likes Daneils so much, Kirk struggled with the fades).  I think he might be better even though he's a big dude playing out of the slot like he did some for FSU this year.

I love the birds aren't real thing, it's hysterical and been a great internet joke. The flat earth dude can go away. Not that Reiman jumped out of late day three for me, but that was funny.

Theo is probably going to go in the 2nd now and might be TE2, but I wouldn't do it.

Coleman is still probably locked into the first I think. Not sure I'd draft him. 

Wilson gives me big Darnell Washington vibes and I'm sure you remember that I was fully out on him.

I think there is 3 sure fire X-WRs and the rest are WR3/4's who happen to be big and fast. Terry is a lock to be out X next year because of that. We aren't signing Pittman or Evans or any of those guys (unless we sign Baker). I think XL or Rice could grow into it, but there are only 3 day 1 XWRs.

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Been pounding the table for Barton for months. Gives you position flexibility too.

Think he kicks inside? I’m seeing him projected as a G.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Think he kicks inside? I’m seeing him projected as a G.

Yes. But he was effective at T as well. Probably a pro bowl level guard. But if someone goes down he would'nt be trash at T either. Played it well in college. Oh and he is a nasty mofo.

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yes. But he was effective at T as well. Probably a pro bowl level guard. But if someone goes down he would'nt be trash at T either. Played it well in college. Oh and he is a nasty mofo.

I think Troy Fatanau is another T who moves insides in the Pros. He someone I’m hoping is there top of the 2nd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah with how loaded WR and OL are in this class Im no longer in the trade 2 2nds camp. We can find high quality year 1 starters at those

positions in round 2.

I'd only trade the two seconds for a transcendent player.  The only one I see dropping with that kind of potential is Bowers.  Nabers, Odunze, and Dallas Turner are probably all top ten locks.  I think Verse will go top ten too after his combine.

~15 is where I think we can get to with the seconds, and these are the top 15 locks:

- Williams, Maye, Daniels

- Harrison Jr, Nabers, Odunze

- Alt, Fuaga, Fashanu

- Turner, Verse

- Wiggins, Mitchell

Along with those 13, I think that these players are in the mix for the top 15:

- Bowers, Latham, McCarthy, Thomas Jr, Arnold, DeJean, Latu, Murphy, Newton

All we need is for a couple of them to go before Bowers to push him in to trade up range.

• Like 1