Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

He pays 2500 an hour for an abusive therapist? I can see why he sought help.

Advanced training from the Ramsay Bolton Behavioral Adjustment Center isn't cheap. 

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Yeah it's certainly not a deal breaker...things can certainly get emotional in situations like that so wouldn't really hold it against him. To me it's just a bit concerning that there seems to be a bit more as far as character concerns. Possible poor sportsmanship (refusing to get up and shake the other team's hands after losing, etc). Writing "**** <team name>" on his fingernails comes off as immature and he overall gives off a bit of a diva vibe.

Not heard these stories, there seems to be an awful lot of similar baggage swirling around him. That plus the "getting back with the gang" stories/rumours is really turning me off Williams. I'm a hard pass, don't care how good a player he is. This is a disaster waiting to happen.

• Haha 1

I watched the below video of Maye.  Its every throw from the Minnesota game this year where he went 29-40 for 414 yards and two td's and two interceptions.  I liked what I saw.  Handful of really nice throws, handful of good quick game,  He was partly to blame for both interceptions.  On the first interception he made the right read but didn't get enough loft on it and a linebacker to it on a nice play by the linebacker.  On the second interception, he got hit when he was throwing on a comeback route which caused him to be really short with the throw.  The interception is mostly on the LT, but if he got the ball out of his hands as quickly as could have on the comeback throw, he probably gets rid of it before getting hit.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

I completely forgot how happy Caleb Williams was when Snyder sold the team. 

There is kind of a poetry to it Ill admit. Snyder sells the team and we start fresh with a hometown hero. And you gotta think hed be motivated knowing he can be the guy that is the face of a new generation of Washington football. Otherwise this entire regions youth could be lost to Lamar Jacksons Ravens.

• Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

McCarthy is not a first rounder imo. We just dont have a large enough sample size to know exactly what he is. But imo a first rounder he is not. 

Agree. That was a boneheaded play. 

JC Latham is gigantic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Agree. That was a boneheaded play. 

JC Latham is gigantic.

Yup.  I’m focusing my eyes on him this whole game.  He just had a really nice block on that TD run

Edited by mhd24

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Cam Ward declaring surprises me. He had a chance to really help his draft stock for next year imo. Cant fault anyone for chasing their dream though. 

Yeah, I was surprised about that today. DJ Uiagalelei took the FSU Qb spot. I though Ward was taking that. I think Ward would be drafted higher next season.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

I completely forgot how happy Caleb Williams was when Snyder sold the team. 

I do really think Williams wants to play Here. He also had that twitter thing about Justin Fields should stay with the Bears.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

McCarthy is not a first rounder imo. We just dont have a large enough sample size to know exactly what he is. But imo a first rounder he is not. 

Terrible play. Clearly there was nervousness involved in that first series. Much better not hat one. Nothing spectacular, but I really likes the roll left throw he made. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Lol some harsh takes here on McCarthy.

I like him on roll outs and off platform.

Dont love him but am not out on him either 

That throw away was awful. But he settled in.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Lol some harsh takes here on McCarthy.

I like him on roll outs and off platform.

Dont love him but am not out on him either 

Hes just so…meh.

I wanna shoot for the moon.

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Hes just so…meh.

I don't think anyone is advocating taking him at this point. More discussing him generally. 

If there is anyone who wants us to take McCarthy second, or trade down a few spots to take him, reveal yourself, so you can be insulted by the group.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I don't think anyone is advocating taking him at this point. More discussing him generally. 

If there is anyone who wants us to take McCarthy second, or trade down a few spots to take him, reveal yourself, so you can be insulted by the group.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Hes just so…meh.

I don't know about meh from my watches IMO.  But he's definitely not in my top 3 QB group.    But his speed alone which looks to be likely in the high 4.4's, low 4'5s and ability to throw on the move feels like a dude with some potential long term.  He's only 20.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

giphy.gif

I don't know about meh from my watches IMO.  But he's definitely not in my top 3 QB group.    But his speed alone which looks to be likely in the high 4.4's, low 4'5s and ability to throw on the move feels like a dude with some potential long term.  He's only 20.

Can Ward is now going to be in that potential group, too. He’s 21.

Lots of good QBs in tier 2.