Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

Alan Dershowitz Tells Kilmeade Trump Prosecutor Jack Smith ‘Could’ Be Indicted Under KKK Statute For ‘Conspiring To Deny’ Trump’s Rights

Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz indicated during a recent Fox News Radio interview that Special Counsel Jack Smith could be indicted for denying former President Donald Trump his “Constitutional rights” under the Ku Klux Klan Statute

“The indictment is based on lies, and the indictment itself contains a blatant lie by Jack Smith. He describes the speech of January 6th,” Dershowtiz noted. “But he describes the speech in the indictment and deliberately and willfully leaves out the key words of the speech, namely that the president told his people to protest peacefully and patriotically.”

“By leaving out those words. It’s a lie by omission. And under the standards set out in the indictment, you know, Jack Smith could be indicted,” He added. “Theoretically, it’s not going to happen, obviously, under the Ku Klux Klan statute that he says any people who conspire to deny somebody their constitutional rights is guilty of a crime.”

Dershowitz continued on to say that he does not believe Smith should be indicted but used it as example to show the broadness of the indictment against Trump.

Click on the link for the full article

Shouldn't Dershowitz be persona non grata for his involvement in the whole Epstein thing?  FOX and the GOP don't seem to care about these immoral acts they rail against.

• Haha 7

31 minutes ago, China said:

Alan Dershowitz Tells Kilmeade Trump Prosecutor Jack Smith ‘Could’ Be Indicted Under KKK Statute For ‘Conspiring To Deny’ Trump’s Rights

Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz indicated during a recent Fox News Radio interview that Special Counsel Jack Smith could be indicted for denying former President Donald Trump his “Constitutional rights” under the Ku Klux Klan Statute

“The indictment is based on lies, and the indictment itself contains a blatant lie by Jack Smith. He describes the speech of January 6th,” Dershowtiz noted. “But he describes the speech in the indictment and deliberately and willfully leaves out the key words of the speech, namely that the president told his people to protest peacefully and patriotically.”

“By leaving out those words. It’s a lie by omission. And under the standards set out in the indictment, you know, Jack Smith could be indicted,” He added. “Theoretically, it’s not going to happen, obviously, under the Ku Klux Klan statute that he says any people who conspire to deny somebody their constitutional rights is guilty of a crime.”

Dershowitz continued on to say that he does not believe Smith should be indicted but used it as example to show the broadness of the indictment against Trump.

Shouldn't Dershowitz be persona non grata for his involvement in the whole Epstein thing?  FOX and the GOP don't seem to care about these immoral acts they rail against.

Well, since Trump's lawyer already admitted the truth of one of the charges, Dershowitz's argument here is moot. And he should shut up.

44 minutes ago, China said:

Nah,  Dershowitz is fine.  He only violated the rights of victims.  Violating the rights of criminals to commit crimes without justice is the real injustice.

8 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Here is an idea. Solitary where you just need a Secret Service guy on duty in whatever guard room to watch him on camera 24/7. Or..... might be time to remove that protection all together. 

Jeffrey Epstein's cell. 

• Like 2

Lauro, Trump's attorney, is the gift that kept on giving all weekend!

At one point, Bash asked Lauro about Trump’s alleged effort to have then-Vice President Mike Pence delay Electoral College voting after unsuccessfully pressuring him to reject the votes altogether. Lauro last week acknowledged that Trump asked Pence to pause the voting.

“Those scenarios were presented to Vice President Pence. He considered them, and, as a constitutional matter, he rejected them,” Lauro said. “One of the last and the ultimate requests that Trump made was to pause the voting for 10 days.”

“And Mr. Pence rejected that as well. After that, there was a peaceful transition of power,” he added.

Bash laughed incredulously. 

“What happened on Jan. 6 was not peaceful,” she interrupted.

Lauro insisted that it was “certainly peaceful,” because ultimately the “power of the presidency was transferred to Mr. Biden.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cnn-host-laughs-loud-trump-125250115.html

11 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Lauro insisted that it was “certainly peaceful,” because ultimately the “power of the presidency was transferred to Mr. Biden.”

The crime wasn't successful, therefore it wasn't a crime...that's some 14 year-old idiot logic there.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I believe that was the GOP's argument during impeachment.

right. Because it’s the only argument. 

He doesn’t have facts on his side. Best I can tell he doesn’t have the law on his side. 

this is what pounding the table looks like. Delays and arguments meant to distract or gloss over the actions or even whether a law matters. 

additionally - they’re hampered by a client that seems incapable (not even unwilling but flat out incapable) of following advice. 

just one example - you’d think telling him he’s not allowed to intimidate witnesses would be a pretty cut and dry, easy to follow thing. Yet, here we are …

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Personally, I like the idea of him living a long, miserable life in prison.

Just my gut opinion, after reading several things in the last few weeks, and thinking about this more and more… I think it’s highly unlikely he finds himself in a prison cell at any point, regardless the number of charges that end in conviction. I’m guessing it’ll be one of these home confinement in his country club where he plays golf, influences people via social media (even if only indirectly), and is allowed to entertain guests. 

Id love to be wrong. Just a guess. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

I’m thinking he is almost trying to get himself thrown in jail, so he can look a martyr to his cult. How else do you explain his rant against the actual judge? Crass stupidity? He’s not a bright guy, but he always has an angle that he thinks will work to his advantage.

I say, toss his fat ass into a real jail for a couple weeks, and let’s see how much he likes martyrdom.

• Like 4

A couple things I'm curious about. 

One, is trump really leading biden in all the polls or is that just trumps typical bull****?

And two, don't they have a genuine problem trying to find an unbiased jury?

Is it even possible with this guy, feels like if it was possible it'd take forever to find 12 people who don't feel strongly about trump one way or the other.

If he gets Bang and 11 like minded individuals it won't even make it to trial, they'll hang him at the arraignment. 🤣

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

One, is trump really leading biden in all the polls or is that just trumps typical bull****?

I didn’t look at the poll he cited because that seems like a waste of time. At best I’m sure you can find polls of certain areas, or people, on certain topics, or with certain wording, that could produce that. 

but trump is a gish galloper. His tactics is to throw as many sticks off the porch, banking on you being a good dog and chasing and retrieving each one. It doesn’t matter how quickly you go fetch every single one - the audience observing the “debate” grows exhausted of it and in some (many?) cases isn’t capable of differentiating between his bull**** and someone’s concise rebuttal. That’s why it works. 

so as a general principal I try not to chase sticks trump throws of the porch. There’s no point. 

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

And two, don't they have a genuine problem trying to find an unbiased jury?

Only in the sense that people seem to have a real lack of appreciation for the jury selection process. 

people seem to think they grab 20 random people and try to select the best 12 of the group (from their perspective). However it’s quite a bit more involved than that. They can keep bringing in more pools to choose from. They know what questions to ask to reveal certain things. And as I’ve seen others say - talk is cheap, when most people wind up in a court room in front of a judge, the cheap talk usually stops. 

we’ve heard the same arguments about how its supposedly very hard or impossible to find an unbiased jury. Yet it hasn’t hurt the prosecutions of people from his admin. It hasn’t hurt the January 6th prosecutions. And generally we don’t seem to have a systemic issue of providing adequate juries for high profile cases. 

I have no reason to believe it will be a problem. If someone outlines how a problem actually exists - fine, usually there’s remedies for that, but at least a real problem has been identified. 

but just waving your hands and claiming there is a problem with a tried and true system, without actually having something to support it? Nah, not the way it works. 

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, redskinss said:

If he gets Bang and 11 like minded individuals it won't even make it to trial, they'll hang him at the arraignment. 🤣

True.  But that's because they're not biased.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

39 minutes ago, tshile said:

Just my gut opinion, after reading several things in the last few weeks, and thinking about this more and more… I think it’s highly unlikely he finds himself in a prison cell at any point, regardless the number of charges that end in conviction. I’m guessing it’ll be one of these home confinement in his country club where he plays golf, influences people via social media (even if only indirectly), and is allowed to entertain guests. 

Id love to be wrong. Just a guess. 

Maybe an island? Like..I don't know..Devil's Island.

• Haha 1

The federal judge presiding over the prosecution of Donald Trump over his handling of classified documents is reviewing the “legal propriety” of the government using grand juries in both Florida and Washington to build its case against the former president.

US District Judge Aileen Cannon, a Trump appointee, on Monday ordered both sides to file briefs on how Special Counsel John “Jack” Smith’s team used a grand jury in Washington to continue gathering evidence after it had already indicted Trump in Florida using a grand jury in Miami.

The involvement of multiple grand juries is an issue raised by Trump’s lawyers as a potential line of attack against the prosecution because there are rules that limit how and where the government can use them. Cannon’s order puts Smith on the spot early on to explain the process.

Special counsel spokesperson Peter Carr said in an email that Smith’s office “will respond at the appropriate time through a filing with the court.”

Cannon’s order was prompted by a request by Smith’s team last week for a hearing on whether there were conflict of interest problems related to Stanley Woodward, a lead attorney for Trump’s co-defendant and personal aide Waltine “Walt” Nauta.

Cannon rebuffed an attempt by prosecutors to file more information about the conflict issue under seal, saying they’d failed to provide a “sufficient legal or factual basis.” She gave Nauta until Aug. 17 to respond, and said the government should reply back by Aug. 22. Trump’s lawyers can also weigh in by Aug. 17.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-documents-case-judge-reviewing-153632964.html

• Haha 1

Dershowitz and Cannon are on the lengthy list of well known folk whose behaviors prompt me to wistfully imagine horrific outcomes for them and their like-minded kin.

Man, I do so thoroughly loathe this pathetic and repulsive "trump era."  It really brings out the Dark Jumbo.

But it doesn't obstruct my charitable actions and loving attitude towards most of the rest of humanity and many other species. 😇

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Dershowitz and Cannon are on the lengthy list of well known folk whose behaviors prompt me to wistfully imagine horrific outcomes for them and their like-minded kin.

Man, I do so thoroughly loathe this pathetic and repulsive "trump era."  It really brings out the Dark Jumbo.

But it doesn't obstruct my charitable actions and loving attitude towards most of the rest of humanity and many other species. 😇

Agree with a whole heart.  

I could be raging, and everyone here knows how I can get.       *Sorry.*

And I'm almost absolutely positive that everyone here is also thankful that I just don't have the energy to fight stupidity anymore.  Getting things back to the positive. 

• Like 3

I swear every lawyer representing either Trump or one of the co-conspirators is putting out the most stupid arguments. On Melber on MSNBC, Eastman's lawyer is spouting some stupid legal theory. I had to turn it off. I can't listen to this crap anymore.

I hope for my sake that Chutkan puts out a comprehensive gag order on everyone. That will at least shut them up for a bit, then she should jail the first one that breaks it. 

The time for two tier justice system is over!

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Cry harder, Donny.

Well. He’s right, isn’t he?

I wouldn’t have even described as thinly veiled. Everyone knew what it was when it was posted. They knew everyone would and it’s why they did it …

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1